Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

everlast75 wrote: »
    Professor Laurence Tribe, Constitutional Lawyer from Harvard, says its garbage.

I don't work in any legal field and I can see that it's garbage. It looks more like something written by Dan Scavino than by the WH Counsel.

Giuliani's partners in the Ukraine shenanigans were arrested yesterday and due to appear in court today.
    Two associates of the president’s private lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, who helped fund efforts to investigate one of President Trump’s political rivals, have been arrested and were expected to appear in court in Northern Virginia on Thursday, according to a spokesman in the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan.

I wasn't expecting that. I wonder if Giuliani can keep himself out of jail. I'm surprised that he hasn't been brought up on FARA violation charges yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ukraine have asked the US for any evidence they have, for investigating the Bidens, have got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/ASFleischman/status/1182300990759952385?s=19

Re Marco - he is such a weasley little.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Professor Laurence Tribe, Constitutional Lawyer from Harvard, says its garbage.

I wonder what does Alan Dersowitch say? You couldn't get him off the screen defending Trump before the Epstein arrest.. Now he's nowhere to be seen. He wrote a book last year or so that said that Presidents should not be impeached.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I wonder what does Alan Dersowitch say? You couldn't get him off the screen defending Trump before the Epstein arrest.. Now he's nowhere to be seen. He wrote a book last year or so that said that Presidents should not be impeached.

Alan Dershowitz also says that any president, carrying out part of his executive function, cannot be impeached for it. For example, he was entitled to fire Comey, he fired Comey, what's the problem?

Most people think that's rubbish, and have said so. Corrupt intent makes it an issue.

Anyway, Alan says little of late, but sure does stress that "he kept his underpants on".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

That last line. Cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Giuliani's partners in the Ukraine shenanigans were arrested yesterday and due to appear in court today.

I wasn't expecting that. I wonder if Giuliani can keep himself out of jail. I'm surprised that he hasn't been brought up on FARA violation charges yet.

Co-conspirators identities not yet revealed publicly in court. When did the two arrested funders get their US citizenships and passports. Who did the legal paperwork to cover the funding moves. If Rudy got involved directly with the funding movements then he may yet be made unavailable or unemployable as a legal practitioner by Don and other people.

Edit: RTE is reporting that both former UKRAINIAN citizens were arrested as they went to board an aircraft at Dulles airport outside Washington. It would seem therefore they may have been under surveillance by federal agents at the time, given that they were brought to a federal court. Its unfortunate that they felt the urge to depart from the US at that time. RTE is reporting that both men were due before a congress committee tomorrow and they were trying to bribe a person in congress supposedly in connection with the removal of the last US ambassador from her post in Ukraine, something other reports allege Rudy was trying to arrange as he thought she was interfering in whatever was afoot between Don and others there.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1180992624045379584?s=19

This had the potential to be another article of impeachment.

SDNY could get them to flip on Trump and Rudy. Cooperation may help them with Congress

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

aloyisious wrote: »
    Co-conspirators identities not yet revealed publicly in court. When did the two arrested funders get their US citizenships and passports. Who did the legal paperwork to cover the funding moves. If Rudy got involved directly with the funding movements then he may yet be made unavailable or unemployable as a legal practitioner by Don and other people.

Edit: RTE is reporting that both former Russian citizens were arrested as they went to board an aircraft at Dulles airport outside Washington. It would seem therefore they may have been under surveillance by federal agents at the time, given that they were brought to a federal court. Its unfortunate that they felt the urge to depart from the US at that time. RTE is reporting that both men were due before a congress committee tomorrow and they were trying to bribe a person in congress supposedly in connection with the removal of the last US ambassador from her post in Ukraine, something other reports allege Rudy was trying to arrange as he thought she was interfering in whatever was afoot between Don and others there.
    Sounds so much like the desperation that came over Nixon's rats near the 'breaking point' of Watergate when the impeachment articles. All kinds of arrests, people being taken into custody, ... Is there anyone in the Trump admin that *hasn't* been arrested/indicted/implicated/...

So these guys were arrested for funnelling money from an unidentified Russian (Firtash?) through a Superpac to Republicans? And they're being represented by Manafort's lawyers in court? And Barr knew about this since February?

Can they not just stop with these shenanigans? It's getting very hard to keep up.

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1180992624045379584?s=19

This had the potential to be another article of impeachment.

SDNY could get them to flip on Trump and Rudy. Cooperation may help them with Congress

This is MASSIVE! If these two clowns go down, they're going to take Rudy down with them for sure. They have no reason to protect him.

If you look at their history, these are the pair who put Lutsenko and Giuliani in touch with each other. They were working with Lutsenko and Rudy to get the investigation into Joe and Hunter started. And Zelinskyy is trying to get Lutsenko out as Prosecutor. However he is meeting opposition in Parliament to that. In Trump's July phone call with Zelinsky, it was Lutsenko that he was trying to get Zelinsky to support..

So all of that places these hoodlums in Trump's company. In addition to Rudy's dealings with them, Trump met with these clowns (Parnas) at the White House and Junior at least met with them at Mar a Lago..

The sheer depth of sh%t the Trumps have dived into is now clear for all to see.. IF. THEY. CHOOSE. TO. DO. SO...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just reading the crap from today out of the Trump White House and his orbit the watergate scandal seems almost quaint in what happened even though it was still a very serious thing to have happened.

I await tomorrow's appearance by Maria Yovanovich with great interest. Of course, given the WH blanket prohibition on any Administration staff appearing before Congress, there may be an empty chair there.

Overnight, she will have to choose between career and country.

I await tomorrow's appearance by Maria Yovanovich with great interest. Of course, given the WH blanket prohibition on any Administration staff appearing before Congress, there may be an empty chair there.

But she's not an ambassador anymore so is she bound by the prohibition the WH have put on people who work for the administration ?

This is MASSIVE! If these two clowns go down, they're going to take Rudy down with them for sure. They have no reason to protect him.

If you look at their history, these are the pair who put Lutsenko and Giuliani in touch with each other. They were working with Lutsenko and Rudy to get the investigation into Joe and Hunter started. And Zelinskyy is trying to get Lutsenko out as Prosecutor. However he is meeting opposition in Parliament to that. In Trump's July phone call with Zelinsky, it was Lutsenko that he was trying to get Zelinsky to support..

So all of that places these hoodlums in Trump's company. In addition to Rudy's dealings with them, Trump met with these clowns (Parnas) at the White House and Junior at least met with them at Mar a Lago..

The sheer depth of sh%t the Trumps have dived into is now clear for all to see.. IF. THEY. CHOOSE. TO. DO. SO...

https://www.caller.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/10/impeachment-inquiry-lev-parnas-igor-fruman-witness-list/3866159002/ The link provides the names of Andrey Kukushkin [also arrested by the FBI] and a David Correia, not yet in custody

Itssoeasy wrote: »

But she's not an ambassador anymore so is she bound by the prohibition the WH have put on people who work for the administration ?

I thought she was still a desk-based diplomat in the State Dept. However a search shows that she is attached to Georgetown University so maybe she is no longer a Govt employee. In that case, of course the applicability of the WH prohibition will be more difficult for them. Although they did prevent McGahn from appearing before Congress even though he had left Govt employment.

So, I'm hoping she'll appear and answer all questions. I suspect that the WH will invoke executive privilege on matters that occurred while she was in Ukraine. Ultimately she may have to make a hard decision.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This tweet from the thread of the above is interesting in it's timing, to say the least.

https://twitter.com/emzorbit/status/1182366248887300102

Barr gets told Wednesday evening that they are to be arrested , Rudi meets them for lunch on Thursday and shortly afterwards they get lifted at the Airport??

Even more to the point [given the moves of the two gents after the meeting] did Rudy have knowledge of the FBI surveillance on the two gents, and if he did, did he tip them off? Where would he get the knowledge of what a DOJ agency was doing in relation to the two gents? Would the FBI have used sophisticated surveillance equipment under warrant during their operation? Oh God, let it be so... Ta Quin Dub.

Looking at it cold-bloodedly; it'd be in Don's interest NOT to throw Rudy under the bus or fire him. God knows what kind of notes Rudy has kept on client matters, like the former friend of Don did in NYC. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a sudden illness and signed himself into some clinic for well-heeled people until he regained his health under medical supervision.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    This tweet from the thread of the above is interesting in it's timing, to say the least.

https://twitter.com/emzorbit/status/1182366248887300102

Barr gets told Wednesday evening that they are to be arrested , Rudi meets them for lunch on Thursday and shortly afterwards they get lifted at the Airport??

They were arrested late Wednesday.

Trump has said according to caithlyn(sp?)Collins of CNN that he hopes Rudy gulianni doesn’t get indicted but he claimed he doesn’t know the two lads indicted today. This despite reports he meet them privately and there is at least one picture of trump with one of them. Does trump think we are stupid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Trump has said according to caithlyn(sp?)Collins of CNN that he hopes Rudy gulianni doesn’t get indicted but he claimed he doesn’t know the two lads indicted today. This despite reports he meet them privately and there is at least one picture of trump with one of them. Does trump think we are stupid ?

Trump thinks he's Teflon at this point, nothing will stick.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

They were arrested late Wednesday.

You are correct.. Got my days and time zones mixed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

We should have a sweep on the next to be arrested/subpoenaed..

My $10 was going to be on Rick Perry, but I see I'm too late. House committee have just subpoenaed him to appear before Oct 18. Fun times.

It's not for you. It's for his base. And yes, he thinks they're stupid. It's always been like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

both of them

"In May 2018, the two men gave $325,000 to the pro-Trump super PAC America First Action through an LLC, Global Energy Producers, the group confirmed to NBC News. That same month, Parnas posted photos on Facebook of himself and Fruman with Trump, and with the president's oldest son, Donald Trump Jr.

Jay Sekulow, the president's outside counsel, told NBC News: "As the indictment states, neither the President nor the campaign were aware."

Trump said Thursday that he didn't know the two Giuliani associates.

"Now it’s possible I have a picture with them because I have a picture with everybody. I have a picture with everybody here. But somebody said that there may be a picture or something at a fundraiser or somewhere. But I have pictures with everybody," Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House. "I don't know if there’s anybody I don't have pictures with. I don't know them. I don't know about them, I don't know what they do, but I don't know, maybe they were clients of Rudy, you’d have to ask Rudy, I just don't know."

The Trump campaign declined to comment, while John Dowd, an attorney for the two men, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Reached by NBC News, Giuliani said he could not yet comment.

A spokesman for America First Action said Thursday that it had "placed that contribution in a segregated bank account, it has not been used for any purpose and the funds will remain in this segregated account until these matters are resolved.""

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/florida-businessmen-who-helped-giuliani-ukraine-arrested-campaign-finance-charges-n1064606

• Advertisement

Doesn't know the guys?

EGi7wnJXkAERgJU?format=jpg&name=large

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement