Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You need to watch the whole of Part 1 where you'll hear comments like the one below which make it perfectly clear that there are journalists who want to be impartial, and do their jobs with integrity, but Zucker is telling them to stay on script and only report the way he wants them to report:

That is not journalism but with respect folks, I hardly expect any of you on here to agree given that the talking points on this thread for the guts of three years is akin to watching CNN, and no doubt many of you have been informed by them, indirectly if not directly.

The coverage they gave to the Trump-Russia story in no way matched the evidence that supported the allegations and CNN for sure played a huge part in how congress themselves kept running with it and why the public in turn followed, as sure why wouldn't they when the media and democrats says it's all true.

This is why we had the likes Comey and the DNC leaking bs to the media in 2016 as it informs the electorate and it's about you all opened your eyes to that, that the MSM are the propaganda wing of the left and as we are slowly seeing now, these people don't deal in the truth, the propagate lies and gossip as fact and sadly there are always people that will buy into it all and believe it to be gospel.

Seth Rich.

Fox News.

Take a seat son.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

So Giuliani claims he cannot testify because he's Trump's personal lawyer. So we can conclude his interaction with Ukraine and other places was acting for Trump's personal interest. It cannot be for President Trump as client privilege wouldn't apply.

Water John wrote: »
    So Giuliani claims he cannot testify because he's Trump's personal lawyer. So we can conclude his interaction with Ukraine and other places was acting for Trump's personal interest. It cannot be for President Trump as client privilege wouldn't apply.

The privilege is bust anyway when Giuliani is under criminal investigation

Cohen played these same games and now he’s doing 3 years in jail for doing the illegal acts of Individual One, who only escapes indictment for such while he’s POTUS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Horowitz report out Friday.

Finally we can get to the real abuse of power and away from these nothing burger sideshows.

Have you seen its contents? You must have a phenomenal inside track to Horowitz's office if you can foretell that there was a "real abuse of power" when the report hasn't been released yet! Or, perhaps you're just making **** up! Now that would surprise me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Giuliani is definitely hitting the crack pipe if he thinks client privilage will give him cover. One of the primary exceptions is:

"the client communicated with the lawyer with intent to further the crime or fraud, or to cover it up"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Florida GOP congressman Matt Gaetz and loyal trump supporter turned up to the behind closed door testimony of the former trump administration member Fiona hill and was told to leave because his committee isn't one of the ones involved. He then was interviewed by CNN and ranted about there being no rules.

"President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days" says the Washington Post..

How can anyone believe a single word out of that lying grifter's mouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    "President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days" says the Washington Post..

Thought it would be higher to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

TomOnBoard wrote:

I am just back from holiday where I met a smart plant manager who was originally from England and was pro remain. He lived outside the UK for over 20 years. He was head hunted by different firms in his industry and has retired early to Spain. He said Trump is obviously an idiot but is strong man what the world needs to stand up to China and the likes. He too said CNN was out to get him but passed no judgement on Fox. When I pointed out the flaws he agreed with me but as he never watched Fox or right wing media this was new. As it turned out he just saw talking points from the likes of our comrades, and swallowed them whole. He had no vested interest in liking Trump (he didn't like him nor his counterpart accross the water) but was under the illusion he was successful in his goals. So if he believed that why wouldn't a right wing American who has bet his status not to he a leftie cuck not follow suit? This is the challenge of low information people who hear talking points and follow them as fact, like the way Barr got his opinion piece out before the Mueller report came out. Our comrades believed this to be true and closed their ears to any facts. My English friend was easily converted with some quick facts but if their whole belief system was put in question it would be difficult, the same way a hardcore AOC supporter would be pressed to vote GOP. Both parties are guilty of bias but there is no comparison with the myths Trump has created. Tolkien would be jealous.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    Excuse me? You think we are going to take the word of a bias news agency?

To coin AOC… I don’t think so.

Why would you believe anything Trump says? He has spent his whole life lying and engaging in shady business. Everything he does is dodgy. Why would any right minded person take anything he says seriously. Every time he opens his mouth he lies. Why waste your time defending him on the Internet. He's not worth the effort.

Why would you believe anything Trump says? He has spent his whole life lying and engaging in shady business. Everything he does is dodgy. Why would any right minded person take anything he says seriously. Every time he opens his mouth he lies. Why waste your time defending him on the Internet. He's not worth the effort.

You answered your own question.

Excuse me? You think we are going to take the word of a bias news agency?.

As Bob Dylan said, "dont need no weatherman to know which way the wind blows..."

You dont need CNN or anyone else to tell you that Trump is a pathological liar. Just listen to him.

"I haven't spoken to [Giuliani] recently.."
    (2 seconds later)
    "..... I spoke to him yesterday"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Exactly no need, its all there on twitter.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

He's a serial liar. He can't help himself as it's all he knows and pretty much all he's got.
    I mean, take his favourite medium to communicate to the faithful, Twitter; his own account is littered with tweets that contradict each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

English isn't even my first language and this ticks me off as much as "could of".

But back to the point, if you haven't figured it out from Trump's own contradictory statements, sometimes in the same sentence, if you could even call them sentences, I'm not sure what to say.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Florida GOP congressman Matt Gaetz and loyal trump supporter turned up to the behind closed door testimony of the former trump administration member Fiona hill and was told to leave because his committee isn't one of the ones involved. He then was interviewed by CNN and ranted about there being no rules.

That’s funny because reports are he conferred with the Parliamentarian who indeed affirmed Gaetz had no standing under House rules to be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Overheal wrote: »
    That’s funny because reports are he conferred with the Parliamentarian who indeed affirmed Gaetz had no standing under House rules to be in there.

And this isn't unprecedented. Darrell (sp?) Issa was kicked out of Gowdy's Benghazy hearings for the same reason in 2014.

All news agencies have a bias. However, the good ones don't allow ownership or editorial bias to change the truth of what they report.

The Washington Post is a long- established newspaper that has done a phenomenal job over the years of reporting on wrongdoing in American life and particularly its politics. It spearheaded the rooting out of the last Republican President from that great office, and has won 47 Pulitzer Prizes for its reporting. So, yes, I'll take the word of such a fine organ of the free press that acts to investigate wrongdoing despite repeated attempts by political and administrative parts of Government to stymie its reporting efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    "President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days" says the Washington Post.

One would have to very gullible to believe that and yes I've seen the bs articles these well trotted out remarks came from.

He said he was going to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, he did it.
    He said he would make Governments pay more for protection, he did.
    He said he'd build a new wall / a better wall, he has and he will.
    He said he was going to withdraw from the Iran Deal, he did.
    He said he would create more manufacturing jobs, he did.
    He said he make unemployment hit record lows, it has.
    He said Economic growth would rise above 4.0, it did.
    He said there would be prison reform, there is.
    Lots more accomplishments underway ....

Keep suggesting Trump's something he is not, won't make a blind bit of difference to the truth.

Last week amid the impeachment palava Trump hosted a Young Black Leaders summit and as ever it was barely picked up on by the mainstream media (other than a few who nitpicked a few seconds here and there so they could sneer) mostly because it didn't fit the left's narrative that Trump's a racist constantly dog whistling to his white supremacist base.

So for once maybe take a look at the lies of the left, and how their incessant agenda is clearly a dishonest one. Three years of pedaling a Russia-Trump conspiracy, which any journalist worth their salt knew was going to amount to nothing given what it was predicated upon.

Pretend as much as you like that the bias in CNN (and the rest) is not really all that much of an issue but it very much is. Nobody minds hosts on news networks giving their views, as Hannity or Geraldo etc does on the regular, but that is much different to what CNN do, which is position themselves as an 'objective' news source, when they know damn well they are anything but. BBC are not far off by the way, which is why some of their ex journalists have come out against them also and why they have been reprimanded for failing to be impartial.

As I said though, I don't expect you on here to agree with me as you agree with all the crap these networks put out. The way you all comment on stories is the same. The truth doesn't seem to matter at all and so I guess in one sense they do know their audience and are happy to appeal to that base who want Trump bashing and leftist viewpoints more than they want factual reporting.

• Advertisement

Isn't it telling that a thread that may be critical by Obama isn't raided by posters with comments like "Obama rules, all you right wing losers need to suck it up!"

It's almost as if Trump's own false bravado and macho persona permeates down to his supporters?

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1183936219631280128?s=19

Wow.

Looks like Bolton will be called soon enough!

Do you believe his former personal lawyer is in jail?

Do you believe his former campaign chair is in jail?

Do you believe his first National Security advisor is awaiting sentencing?

Ditto his former assistant campaign chair?

Do you believe that his former foreign policy adviser went to jail?

Do you believe his current personal lawyer is the target of an investigation?

Do you believe Trump asked for foreign assistance against his possible democratic challenger in 2020?

All of the above are irrefutable facts. Doesn't matter the source. They are true.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Keep suggesting Trump's something he is not, won't make a blind bit of difference to the truth.

I think you're saying here that Trump is not a liar.

Really?

Politifact and others have listed each and every lie, you chose to ignore them because you are blinded. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

From memory, really he had 3 or 4 key points in his campaigning Pete:

Build The Wall & Mexico pay for it - which you now are reframing as Rebuild the existing fencing and divert funding from multiple other areas to pay for it.

Drain the swamp - everlast has covered off many of the highlights on that front above

Lock her up - hmmm, haven't seen that happen either yet.

I think they're his real key talking points.

As secondaries, he mentioned he would wipe out the deficit - doesn't seem to be quite going to plan either.

That he would hire all the best people - see drain the swamp above, not to mention the ones that are still there like DeVos

That he would release his tax returns once in office, because they were so complex & under audit - hes now doing everything in his power to avoid getting those returns released, going through the courts - do you ever wonder why such a successful businessman would go to such lengths to avoid people seeing his accounts?

Re the GDP point, I think that was only made when he was selling the tax cuts, saying that they would create sustained GDP above 4% and that would pay for the loss in tax revenues. Hitting 4% one is not sustained growth that covers the tax losses.

Trump relies on people believing what they are told to believe, not what their eyes can see.

Here's the latest example....

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1183902904815620096?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

That Bolton news is big ! Crazy drug deal is some quote ! Will Trump be waging war on twitter against Bolton this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Manufacturing in the States, despite what Trump and his north korean newsreader here say, is now in recession.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-09/despite-trump-vow-manufacturing-in-recession

• Advertisement

Regarding that JohnBolton quote, other sources are saying he cited Sondland, not Goiliani.

Not that it makes a difference, but..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement