Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Off topic posts deleted. This thread is about Donald Trump and his presidency, not the Clintons.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

peddlelies wrote: »

I'm sure if Trump's taxes show hundreds of millions coming from Russia you'll say the exact same thing if he walks away from it. Just a coincidence.

I'd wait for an investigation into it before having an opinion. And if the investigation found there was nothing untoward, then I'd stop going on about it and move on.
    He walked away from the Mueller report, how many people here have changed their minds? Very few I imagine.

He hasn't 'walked away' from the Mueller Report- he is an unindicted conspirator. They felt they could not indict a sitting President. But on the plus side, he may not be for long more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

So, Hunter Biden has made an attempt at addressing the Ukraine issue, acknowledging 'poor judgement' while expressing total innocence of any wrongdoing. I'm not so sure he was well advised to do it today- Its gonna put the issue front and centre for anyone who wants to have a pop at Joe at tonights Ohio debate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/15/hunter-biden-denies-wrongdoing-ukraine-swamp

The Nal wrote: »
    Trial starts in a few weeks.

I assume that we havent heard from him because of the July ban imposed by the judge on him posting anything on social media. I saw a report in August or so that he was appealing the an on 1st Amendment grounds. Dunno where that's at, but he seems to surface in these paid "Audience With" type gigs around the States.

I read something recently about him seeming to incite the Proud Boys and some White Nationalist Militia types to mobilise to protect Trump from Impeachment.. Crazy stuff!

I can't wait for him to face trial.. If he's found not guilty, so be it! However, if found guilty, I'm sure that Manafort will move over in the cot so he doesnt have to sleep on the floor...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I
    I can't wait for him to face trial.. If he's found not guilty, so be it! However, if found guilty, I'm sure that Manafort will move over in the cot so he doesnt have to sleep on the floor...

Manafort will just enjoy the break from being in the barrel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

US have basically handed over control to Russia in Syria.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/oct/15/trump-news-today-live-elizabeth-warren-turkey-syria-democrats-impeachment-latest

This must rate as one of the great military and diplomatic errors of modern times. Rates about the same as the Suez crises for the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Water John wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/oct/15/trump-news-today-live-elizabeth-warren-turkey-syria-democrats-impeachment-latest

This must rate as one of the great military and diplomatic errors of modern times. Rates about the same as the Suez crises for the UK.

What was the long term play though, the US to keep a presence there indefinitely? Simply to stop the Turks from invading, or the resurgence of ISIS. That is not realistic, at some point that region has to resolve itself.

Of course I agree that given the sensitivity of the region, high level diplomacy was required to prevent what has just happened in the event of a US withdrawal. That was never going to happen with this guy at the helm.

And while Europe is happy to blame Trump they are very quiet in their condemnation of Turkey, why? Because Erdogan plans to stuff the new 'occupied terratory' with unwanted migrants that might otherwise head to Europe.

No ones hands are clean here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

everlast75 wrote: »
    Any trump supporters left, should have a look at this..

**Cough**
    Fox News.

Take a seat son.

Funny how Fox News are all liars, until they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

**Cough**

Who said they're all liars?

It's widely acknowledged that there are a few honest people there, the recently departed Shep Smith being a popular example.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

**Cough**

Fox News Division. Keep up. Thought enough of the tweetheads you follow would have already told you which Anti-Trump Pro-Truth Fox journalists were part of the Deep State by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,557 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

**Cough**

Not all, just most. They are getting rid of the good ones.

You will be aware that one swallow doesn't make a summer, just as one error by CCN or MSNBC doesn't mean all news reported is wrong.

Btw - do you accept the facts as set out in that piece, or is this fake news too?

An honest answer would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

**Cough**

The reason that clip is gaining traction online right now is because of how "unlike Fox" that closing segment is. In fact Cavuto and Smith have become known for that. Not all Fox News hosts are liars, but it would appear that most of them are clearly lying. Hence Fox News viewers consistently rank as the least informed group in numerous studies and have done over the past 7 years.

Not all of Fox News is lies, but it isn't exactly filled with truth if their viewers rank among the least informed group of Americans. In order to have the worst informed viewers you tend to tell them, you know, lies. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    The reason that clip is gaining traction online right now is because of how "unlike Fox" that closing segment is. In fact Cavuto and Smith have become known for that. Not all Fox News hosts are liars, but it would appear that most of them are clearly lying. Hence Fox News viewers consistently rank as the least informed group in numerous studies and have done over the past 7 years.

Not all of Fox News is lies, but it isn't exactly filled with truth if their viewers rank among the least informed group of Americans. In order to have the worst informed viewers you tend to tell them, you know, lies. :pac:

It brings to mind the study that found people who watch Fox News are less informed than people who watch no news at all.

**Cough**

This is a TOTALLY dishonest post..

Many posters here have been very nuanced in respect of Fox News presenters and programmes. Shep Smith, Andrew Napolitano and Neil Cavuto have been lauded for their honesty in the face of the appalling propaganda spouted y the likes of Hannity, Ingraham, Piero, Carlson, The low-IQ 5, and others who were employed in the entertainment and opinion divisions as distinct from the news division.

Your pathetic attempt at sucking some honour for your position(s) out of Cavuto's laudable calling- out of Trump is disgusting, and further shames you if that was even possible.

I apologise in advance to the mods if I've overstepped the mark here, but this disgustingly self-serving post must be challenged!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

How come that cavuto clip was doing the rounds again? That's a month or so old no? Still perfectly accurate of course and what made it stand out so much was cause it did not toe the party line of the entertainment part of fox. The trumpettes.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Cody montana

"The Trump administration Tuesday proposed allowing logging on more than half of Alaska’s 16.7 million-acre Tongass National Forest, the largest intact temperate rainforest in North America."

Disgraceful.

Still avoiding questions and dropping tweets?

Good good.

Maybe one day you might convince somebody here that your faith in Trump/Graham/Jordan is well placed, that Fox News is the beacon of truth, the Wall is *actually* being built and that he actually deserves another 4 years.

Wouldn't hold your breath though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Fair play. It must be a pain in the arse having to babysit a US President.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It had to have been something Putin had on Trump, its worked out too perfectly for Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

This is a TOTALLY dishonest post..

Many posters here have been very nuanced in respect of Fox News presenters and programmes. Shep Smith, Andrew Napolitano and Neil Cavuto...

Brett Baier, Chris Wallace are two of the best at Fox.

On the other hand Napolitano is one of the biggest spoofers going...

He got suspended and almost got fired when he said Trump was spied on by the Brits are the request of Obama. He was a 100% Trump butt kisser early on when trying to get a job in the administration and when he didn't get it his tune changed completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The trump administration seems determined to reduce all regulations
    that protect the public from environmental harm,
    lets cut down all the tree,s , allow companys to dump chemical,s wherever
    they want , reduce regulations on emissions from cars .
    I,m not sure if america can survive another trump presidency ,
    just from the point of view of the environment .

Many posters here have been very nuanced in respect of Fox News presenters and programmes.

Nonsense. Fox News is a pejorative around these parts. Hence posts like "Fox News. Take a seat son." getting backslapped and going unchallenged.
    I apologise in advance to the mods if I've overstepped the mark here, but this disgustingly self-serving post must be challenged!

And all the dismissing of the CNN whistleblower wasn't self serving?? Ha.
    ... what made it stand out so much was cause it did not toe the party line of the entertainment part of fox. The trumpettes.

More nonsense. There is no 'party line' at Fox. In the 2016 campaign half the hosts spoke out against Trump. As we know now, that wouldn't have been allowed at CNN. It's a dictatorship.
    Maybe one day you might convince somebody here that ... Fox News is the beacon of truth

Never said they were a "beacon of truth" they just don't deliberately lie on a daily basis and adhere to a knowingly false biased narrative the way CNN shamelessly do. Been saying it for years, and now we have footage to prove it, footage which shows their journalists were told, in no uncertain terms, to stick to a set narrative, just as the NYT were caught doing recently incidentally.

Zucker wasn't about objective journalism. He was clearly an activist. Hopefully Trump's right and he steps down.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184168291775995904

Again ducking the question of whether you accept those facts played in that video to be true, because to do so forces a grasp on reality, a proposition utterly fatal to his supporters' ability to still follow him.

How about two other softballs?

Do you now accept Trump's interactions with Ukraine were quid pro quo?

Or..

Did Sean Hannity not propagate a disgusting conspiracy theory surrounding Seth Rich?

Until you answer a straight question with a straight answer, you are metaphorically screaming into the void here. No one is listening. You're convincing no one. It's a thorough waste of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Again, you seem to fixate on a point about CNN thinking it makes any difference. It must be very strange to be that brainwashed....

Nobody here, gives one crap about whether CNN is a biased dictatorship or not. Nobody here gives a holy flying monkey whether CNN are as biased as Fox. Nobody.

This is simple enough surely? Nobody here is emotionally attached to CNN or feel the need to make excuses for or get defensive on behalf of CNN.

Trump has shown everybody what he is, time and time again. No amount of whinging or being butthurt will change that.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Pelosi statement on Impeachment coming up.

Pelosi statement on Impeachment coming up.

The Reps whole play is that they say that the impeachment enquiry is not legit until it's voted on.

This is simply not true. I mean literally. It doesn't say that in the Rules.

They want to force a vote on it so that Dems in purple states will jeopardise their seats come voting time if they endorse impeachment. The only problem with that proposition is that impeachment is becoming more popular so the risk is decreasing for those purple state Dems.

The instinctive thing here is not to play the Rep game. They object to everything - it's their whole strategy. If Pelosi takes the vote, they'll pivot to some other objection.

Most transparent president ever eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Why would the president of the USA make a statement "we know @CNN is a fraud", follow it with what he says is a rumour about the resignation of Jeff Zucker then end it with a question mark. The answer is he's rumour-mill trolling for applause from his fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Thargor wrote: »
    It had to have been something Putin had on Trump, its worked out too perfectly for Russia.

Every time Trump does something wild, unpolished, and unpredictable on the world stage, look to see who benefits......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Donnie's latest act of diplomacy. Meeting the parents of Harry Dunn in the White House then telling them the woman who killed their son was in the room next door and wanted to meet them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50064595

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement