Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Penn wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/trish_regan/status/1184559361638748161?s=19

Trish Regan is a Fox Business presenter. Looking like it's real.

That’s insane if true.
    Still sceptical though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,559 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are you so blinded by a desire to get one over on trump that youre willing to put forward fox news as credible to get there ?

And what say you if it is real?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

WH press office has confirmed it's authentic to Jake Tapper.

The treatment of the UK couple yesterday was quite disgusting. He had a meltdown at Pelosi also today. Totally unfit for public office.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

everlast75 wrote: »
    And what say you if it is real?

im fine with it being real, what im not fine with is fox news being used as a valid source of confirmation just because they suit an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I know I'm seeing replies saying it's real. I just can't believe it, I know he's not right in the head but surely it cant be real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

im fine with it being real, what im not fine with is fox news being used as a valid source of confirmation just because they suit an agenda.
    None of this matters.

What matters is if it's real or not.

What 'deal's does he mean? (If this is real)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Dem Source on WH meeting:

"POTUS cut Schumer off and said that Gen Mattis was: “the world’s most overrated general. You know why? He wasn’t tough enough. I captured ISIS. Mattis said it would take 2 yrs. I captured them in 1 month”

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Are you so blinded by a desire to get one over on trump that youre willing to put forward fox news as credible to get there ?

The White House have confirmed it's real.

Not at all.

Fox news is rarely critical of Trump

Ergo, when they do criticise, it's more probable.

Entirely logical.

im fine with it being real.

You are *really* fine with him and that letter?

Really??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Water John wrote: »
    Is Giuliani the prize then, if they're flipped?

He is under a counter intelligence investigation at the moment. That's more serious than a run of the mill criminal investigation.

You are *really* fine with him and that letter?

Really??????

im fine with the letter being real, have made no comment on the contents, without knowing what deal and concessions he's on about its hard to know what the full story is.

I also think he's right to pull out of syria, Ive always been anti war and won't change that because of who's stopping.

Not at all.

Fox news is rarely critical of Trump

Ergo, when they do criticise, it's more probable.

Entirely logical.

ill remember this for the next time almost any media outlet says something nice about trump.

You clearly thought it was too dumb to be real when you first saw it. Now you're just adjusting your reality so that you can pretend that the letter is perfectly sane and feigning some outrage as a deflection. It's very transperant.

You clearly thought it was too dumb to be real when you first saw it. Now you're just adjusting your reality so that you can pretend that the letter is perfectly sane and feigning some outrage as a deflection. It's very transperant.

I gave no opinion on whether I felt it was real or not, I made a comment on fox news as a source, my next post said id be fine if it turned out to be real.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Everything is accelerating..... 50% of Trump is gone by Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

That's like something a Junior Cert student would write in the English exam when they knew they'd run out of time, didn't care anymore and rushed to scribble something down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

valoren wrote: »
    That's like something a Junior Cert student would write in the English exam when they knew they'd run out of time, didn't care anymore and rushed to scribble something down.

Entirely in line with his previous craziness so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

His stuff mustn't be proof-read beforehand as there's no way that would be let out. His arrogance mustn't allow him to need one.

That's very harsh on junior cert students though. I've given up caring to be honest. The democrats are better but being honest looking at the way trump and the GOP are acting that's not a high bar to act somewhat decently.

• Advertisement

His stuff mustn't be proof-read beforehand as there's no way that would be let out. His arrogance mustn't allow him to need one.

have you heard the trump administration people on TV ? I'm not sure it would make a difference if it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Imagine all the other insane letters he's sending out.

Imagine being a typist for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

valoren wrote:

I did honours English in the junior and though I would never claim to be the greatest scholar and educated in one of the worst schools in Dublin, I would have been expelled with good cause for writing a formal letter as poor as that. You wouldn't see the likes in the Simpson's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,430 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It reads like an rendition of a mobster boss in a third rate tv production.

If trump decides to have a presidential library which is normally filled with documents and papers of the president for whom it's built for, just imagine the mess that would be in Trumps case ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I'm wondering who the mention of God and the Devil in the letter is supposed to sway in terms of political decision-making and one's future in the afterlife. I assume the letter has been sent to State so it's wordsmiths can transcribe it into Turkish to make it diplomatically acceptable to a Turkish nationalist. President Erdogan is probably already long since aware of its English-language wording and passing it around his table for others to consider. I can just imagine Don saying to those present "I've sent a beautiful letter to President Erdogan and I'm sure he will love it".

On the meeting today between him and the Dem seniors, it's been reported that he made a scathing comment about communists and it seems to have been referring to either the Kurds [who are upset by what they see as his betrayal of them] or the Isis people who took advantage of the Turkish invasion support fire to break out of prison. If true it's almost like he's saying those nasty people are commies so they don't deserve my support.

Re the Ukraine, it's entirely possible that Don might yet come out with an oral statement before the media in his usual way of proudly fessing-up "Yes, I said that" to something the media reported him as saying ala: I'm the President, I make the tough decisions you couldn't handle. I told Rudy to go to Ukraine and threaten it and its President with a withdrawal of the needed US funds to buy US weapons and pay for the possible presence of US military on the ground there as a confidence-building "We Stand By You" measure.

The irony is that it would be US dollars sent to Ukraine from the US treasury being sent back to the US treasury in payment for US produce. Don can turn around and say US goods are the best, they're been bought by Govts from all around the world, the market, US Jobs and manufacturing are on the up due to me.

Here's a picture that Trump put out, accusing Pelosi of having a meltdown. While I understand why he would go with some projection, the more you look at what's happening in the picture, the more you wonder why he would put out what could be a Pelosi congressional campaign ad.

EHCI8Z5X4AEe67P?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The sad part is the twitterheads will just absorb that as ‘evidence’ of her meltdown. Not much critical thinking going on in that lot

Here's a picture that Trump put out, accusing Pelosi of having a meltdown. While I understand why he would go with some projection, the more you look at what's happening in the picture, the more you wonder why he would put out what could be a Pelosi congressional campaign ad.

EHCI8Z5X4AEe67P?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    https://twitter.com/vladduthiersCBS/status/1184612340542652416?s=19.

Someone agrees with your sentiment

• Advertisement

Good thing I started watching Billions, so I stand a better chance of understanding this...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement