Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

About the same as Trump put into his decision to pull out without a withdrawl plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

One of these is called "Fake News" by the other.

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1186333428519706625?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

everlast75 wrote: »
    More info coming out about the mueller probe.

Surprised to note the following.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1185986527836422146?s=19

While i have no doubt Mueller did cover well what he did cover, it appears to me that he didn't pursue avenues he should have. Whether roadblocks were put in his way or whether his investigation was called to a halt, maybe we will find out in time

Frankly, this really disappoints me and makes me wonder whether Mueller was really the White Knight he was ;bigged up' to have been!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

He raided homes in the middle of the night, bankrupted people and put people in solitary confinement. You can't really say it was a soft-handed approach although they could have been more aggressive in getting people like Don JR to testify.

Jeez,ut you must have some organisation ehind you.. You were ale to go ack to a post from MAY 2018 as a support for a thesis you're advancing in Octoer 2019....Do you even see how totally weird that is... stalking territory for sure....

I can't even get my keyoard to produce that elusive letter that lies etween a and c....

• Advertisement

peddlelies wrote: »
    He raided homes in the middle of the night, bankrupted people and put people in solitary confinement. You can't really say it was a soft-handed approach although they could have been more aggressive in getting people like Don JR to testify.

Who "He"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It looks like the Washington Post has Rudy Giuliani in its sights. Its running a story that Vlad Putin and Viktor Órban got together to put Ukraine and its new president in a bad light to Don. Rudy is in the background being helpful to his client. There are also rumours of W/H staff infighting between John Bolton and Don's last Chief of staff John Kelly who reportedly had his own security advisor before both were let go by Don. Its said some of the fighting was around the absence of note-takers at the meeting between Viktor and Don.

I wish you could understand the situation in Syria well enough to grasp the fact that both posts can be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Donald just compared the impeachment process to lynching:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1186611272231636992

This is coming from a rich white man who is massively supported by racists who would love nothing more than if they brought lynching back.

Obviously, he is trying to stir up the base to defend him. The word "coup" was too foreign/intellectual/difficult to understand, but you can bet your bottom dollar they understand what a lynching is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Trump gave his impeachment defence yesterday on Hannity so ya know it's getting serious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

^ I'd sooner poke my eyes out than watch those two goons at their love in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Nancy Pelosi releases a fact sheet detailing Trump's betrayal of his oath of office.

https://www.speaker.gov/sites/speaker.house.gov/files/Trump%20Shakedown%20and%20Coverup.pdf

peddlelies wrote: »
    Trump gave his impeachment defence yesterday on Hannity so ya know it's getting serious

One pretends to be a proper journalist, the other pretends to be proper president

• Registered Users Posts: 82,779 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

POTUS spends the morning disrupting his own defenders by forcing them to explain his lynching comment.

Rep. McCarthy punted and said he didn’t agree with the language. Lindsey Graham meanwhile leaned in hard and has said basically that it’s totally a lynching and good for him to say it like it is.

Several others must be in hiding and redrafting prepared speeches - the GOP plans to eat up floor time later today with a bunch of sound bytes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

That was sickening! I don't know how I managed to sit through the entire interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I'd imagine this comment is another attempt from the White House to drive the media's focus from the point at hand.

I'd imagine something of substance will come out over the next few days, and this is an attempt to distract.

The White House tried to stop Taylor's attendance today.

A subpoena was served.

He attended. Things are going well for Trump...

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1186680724667142144?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Obviously, he is trying to stir up the base to defend him. The word "coup" was too foreign/intellectual/difficult to understand, but you can bet your bottom dollar they understand what a lynching is...

Disgusting post implying 62 million Americans are racist.

I think you might find it is the democrats who who are more familiar with the term lynching in the context of racism:

However, the term is not exclusively associated with race, far from it:

Oxford:
    image.png

Collins:
    image.png

During Clinton's impeachment Jerry Nadler was quoted as saying:
    "I am the president’s defender in the sense that I haven’t seen anything yet that would rise, in my opinion, to the level of impeachable offense. …

"I wish we could get this over with quickly. … In pushing the process, in pushing the arguments of fairness and due process the Republicans so far have been running a lynch mob."

The NY Times are all over this, of course, as the left just can't help themselves playing the race card on behalf of others, to show us all how virtuous they are, which of course, they are anything but.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

I actually agree with pete. The lynching thing isn't a big deal. It's PC oversensitivity. If i give my child to many jobs around the house, she says it's slavery but that doesn't mean anything.

The problem with overreactions like this is it provides fodder for those who want to get in a silly identity argument rather than ignore things like.....

a: Taylor ignored instructions not to appear
    b: Taylor's testimony was apparently very damaging
    c: Mitch said Trump lied about their conversations
    d: Russia now controls the formerly Kurdish area in a huge win for Putin

I mean I'd much rather have Trump supporters give their view on these realities rather than debate where or not it's acceptable to use the word lynch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

C'mon, Pete. You can do better than that. You're surely aware of the re-alignment in US politics during the civil rights era? If you really are that ignorant about US history, you should look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

The last thing the Trump administration wants to be dealing with
    Amb. Taylor “indicated that he kept extensive notes on all of his correspondence,” Rep. Stephen Lynch says of testimony, without discussing details. “He’s a meticulous public servant.”

From Washington Post...

This seems pretty damning for Sondland, given he seems to have lied to the house. Any idea on the consequences for that?
    The senior U.S. diplomat in Ukraine said Tuesday he was told release of military aid was contingent on public declarations from Ukraine that it would investigate the Bidens and the 2016 election, contradicting President Trump’s denial that he used the money as leverage for political gain.

Acting ambassador William B. Taylor Jr. testified behind closed doors in the House impeachment probe of Trump that he stands by his characterization that it was “crazy” to make the assistance contingent on investigations he found troubling.

Upon arriving in Kyiv last spring he became alarmed by secondary diplomatic channels involving U.S. officials that he called “weird,” Taylor said, according to a copy of his lengthy opening statement obtained by The Washington Post.

Taylor walked lawmakers through a series of conversations he had with other U.S. diplomats who were trying to obtain what one called the “deliverable” of Ukrainian help investigating Trump’s political rivals.

Taylor said he spoke to Ambassador Gordon Sondland, the U.S. envoy to the European Union.

“During that phone call, Amb. Sondland told me that President Trump had told him that he wants President [Volodymyr] Zelensky to state publicly that Ukraine will investigate Burisma and alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election,” Taylor said in the statement.

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter had been a board member of Burisma, a large Ukrainian gas company. Joe Biden is a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

“Amb. Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting with President Zelensky was dependent on a public announcement of investigations — in fact, Amb. Sondland said, ‘everything’ was dependent on such an announcement, including security assistance,’” Taylor told House investigators.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I think you might find it is the democrats who who are more familiar with the term lynching in the context of racism:

<video>
    You've mentioned Candace Owens in this context in the past so between that, the above statement and the accompanying PragerU video, I have to ask... Do you believe the Southern Strategy is a leftist myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Midlife wrote: »
    I actually agree with pete. The lynching thing isn't a big deal. It's PC oversensitivity. If i give my child to many jobs around the house, she says it's slavery but that doesn't mean anything.

The problem with overreactions like this is it provides fodder for those who want to get in a silly identity argument rather than ignore things like.....

a: Taylor ignored instructions not to appear
    b: Taylor's testimony was apparently very damaging
    c: Mitch said Trump lied about their conversations
    d: Russia now controls the formerly Kurdish area in a huge win for Putin

I mean I'd much rather have Trump supporters give their view on these realities rather than debate where or not it's acceptable to use the word lynch.

Aye your definitely right. I mean your white and I'm guessing Irish.

So white Irish people were not hanged from trees in the last 50 years....

Christ on a bike.

Disgusting post implying 62 million Americans are racist

I could engage with you and point out how fundamentally stupid your post is, but there seems little point as you'll just disappear from the thread for a day or so and talk about something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Yes, it's probably closer to 300 million people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

However, the term is not exclusively associated with race, far from it:

Oxford:

Collins:

During Clinton's impeachment Jerry Nadler was quoted as saying:

The NY Times are all over this, of course, as the left just can't help themselves playing the race card on behalf of others, to show us all how virtuous they are, which of course, they are anything but.

A glitch in your post there is that if there is to be a lynching as Don alludes, it'll be after a trial with GOP hands in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Big news today:
    The White House tried to stop Taylor's attendance today.

A subpoena was served.

He attended. Things are going well for Trump...

I wonder what pearls Trump supporters are clutching today?

Ah, right so.

• Advertisement

It'd be nice for somebody on here who initially stated that there was no "quid pro quo" to come back online, accept that there was, and that these actions by Trump are not acceptable, are an abuse of power and an impeachable offence.

Won't hold my breath though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement