Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The world isn't binary. I don't support Trump but I also don't suffer from the media induced hysteria his election and Presidency has caused many to fall prey to. He's a POS, an egomaniacal narccistic demagogue, as I have already said here. And as I have also said, big deal, why is that any different to the rest of them? I detailed Obama's crimes, as an example, which many suffering from TDS wilfully ignore. It's really more a style issue. People hate his style but beyond that it's mostly emotion driven media induced hysteria. How many imbeciles actually believe Russia got him elected for example? Plenty I would guess. Just more nonsense lacking any basis in reality.

Observing the posters on here it seems to be Obama - good, Trump - bad, rather than having any serious debate.

And I agree, Trump is a moronic narcissist, but the hysteria about him is beyond ridiculous at this stage. The media attention is mostly unwarranted and distracts from real issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Observing the posters on here it seems to be Obama - good, Trump - bad, rather than having any serious debate.

And I agree, Trump is a moronic narcissist, but the hysteria about him is beyond ridiculous at this stage. The media attention is mostly unwarranted and distracts from real issues.

Come on, you once again pop up to have a go at posters here with reductionism, lamenting no discussion on "the real issues", so the obvious follow up is .. what issues? The floor is yours, because either sh*t or get off the pot at this stage, to be crude :) FWIW, Obama was drone happy and like most US presidents hastened middle East instability but the "they're as bad as each other" is patently false and simplistic.

You can't decry the obsession with a vulgar, tweeting president who openly attacks the press while being the most I dunno, "brainfart" president in modern media history thanks to Twitter. Bit ropey to criticise when Dog Bites Man. Trump brings it on himself. As you said, he's a narcissist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I would say the articles of impeachment a very real issues, and this being a thread about Trump it's where its discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

When has there been a moronic narcissist in the White House before? When did a previous president of any country have daily toilet rants on Twitter? When did a previous president ring up journalist pretending to be someone else to spread stories about himself to get in the news? If he was off Twitter for a week and didn't commit crimes every day the media would have nothing to report about him hence no "hysteria". If he did his job instead of watching tv and playing golf and enriching his family less people wouldnt hate him. He has paved the way for a Lex Luthor character to take the Whitehouse who will be corrupt as him but will have a lower, smarter profile and get his crimes done knowing there will be people left right and centre defending every move as a master stroke. I seen today someone said Trump moving troops in Syria was to get the ISIS leader, no mention of the 500 odd Kurds murdered and the thousands more displaced, it was all a master stroke to bring him out into open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The media attention is mostly unwarranted and distracts from real issues.

He *is* the real issue. In a normally functioning democracy we can go about our lives without worrying about the minutiae of government, but with Trump, you have a situation where he is literally trying to destroy the very basis of that government (separation of executive and legislature, etc.) All the so called 'real issues' can be dealt with, but first you have to deal with the incompetent, self interested criminal at the helm.

There really are no greater issues facing the US than Trump and his apologists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Aretheymyfeet

'Obama was drone happy and like most US presidents hastened middle East instability but the "they're as bad as each other" is patently false and simplistic.'

Eh, he bombed 7 countries killing thousands of innocent men, women and children. He destroyed two countries and unleashed the worst wahabbist headchoppers in the world on their civilian populations. His foreign policies resulted in the worst migrant crisis since WW2 and led to an increasing polarisation of European societies. Go on, what has the admittedly awful Trump done that compares to the above? Mean tweets seems to be your biggest gripe.

'You can't decry the obsession with a vulgar, tweeting president who openly attacks the press while being the most I dunno, "brainfart" president in modern media history thanks to Twitter. Bit ropey to criticise when Dog Bites Man. Trump brings it on himself. As you said, he's a narcissist'

Openly attacks the press. And that's how he gains support. He's actually on solid ground on that one. He's a lying clown but the mainstream media are disgusting public relations officers for established power. Are you one of these people who still believes the msm has credibility? Your issues are mostly style and 'he makes me feel icky'.

There's actually plenty to criticise him on like his attempt at destroying the Venezuelan economy, or his aggressive stance towards Iran, or his expansion of bombings, or his increased military spend and reduction in accountability for military excesses in their airstrikes, or his new NAFTA deal, which appears even worse than its predecessor and so on.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I would say the articles of impeachment a very real issues, and this being a thread about Trump it's where its discussed

Politically motivated and whilst he may be impeached, he will not be removed from office as the Reps control the Senate and wouldn't dare go against their base who are pretty solidly behind Trump, regardless of what the msm try convince you of. Trump is set for re-election failing a meteorite strike or similar.

Politically motivated and whilst he may be impeached, he will not be removed from office as the Reps control the Senate and wouldn't dare go against their base who are pretty solidly behind Trump, regardless of what the msm try convince you of. Trump is set for re-election failing a meteorite strike or similar.

For a guy who readily throws the 'brainwashed' accusation around like snuff at a wake, it sounds like you have been chugging the alt-right kool-aid by the barrel load yourself.

What you have written above is so blatantly wrong that I doubt any of your other screeds are worth anything either.

Shame as you make the odd reasonable point. But you need to find some balance.

He *is* the real issue. In a normally functioning democracy we can go about our lives without worrying about the minutiae of government, but with Trump, you have a situation where he is literally trying to destroy the very basis of that government (separation of executive and legislature, etc.) All the so called 'real issues' can be dealt with, but first you have to deal with the incompetent, self interested criminal at the helm.

There really are no greater issues facing the US than Trump and his apologists.

No one in Ireland is worrying about this? I doubt most Americans are either.

This is hysterical stuff.

For a guy who readily throws the 'brainwashed' accusation around like snuff at a wake, it sounds like you have been chugging the alt-right kool-aid by the barrel load yourself.

What you have written above is so blatantly wrong that I doubt any of your other screeds are worth anything either.

Shame as you make the odd reasonable point. But you need to find some balance.

Oh not at all. It's your media conditioned perception that has you not seeing the fact that the Dems and established media, Intel and beyond have sought to overturn the 2016 election since election night. This is an obvious fact to anyone not blighted by TDS. The RussiaGate nonsense being a perfect example.

'Shame as you make the odd reasonable point.' Oh, thank you. That's very generous of you to say.

'But you need to find some balance' Oh, touché.

• Advertisement

FrostyJack wrote: »
    When has there been a moronic narcissist in the White House before? When did a previous president of any country have daily toilet rants on Twitter? When did a previous president ring up journalist pretending to be someone else to spread stories about himself to get in the news? If he was off Twitter for a week and didn't commit crimes every day the media would have nothing to report about him hence no "hysteria". If he did his job instead of watching tv and playing golf and enriching his family less people wouldnt hate him. He has paved the way for a Lex Luthor character to take the Whitehouse who will be corrupt as him but will have a lower, smarter profile and get his crimes done knowing there will be people left right and centre defending every move as a master stroke. I seen today someone said Trump moving troops in Syria was to get the ISIS leader, no mention of the 500 odd Kurds murdered and the thousands more displaced, it was all a master stroke to bring him out into open.

The stuff about Twitter is all mad of course but it should be put into perspective.

His first term is almost over.

Reagan used to have a sleep in the afternoon.

The posters here can't see beyond Trump and Obama. Their knowledge doesn't go back that far.

Its just impeachment stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,529 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Donald T on the podium now, he continues to knock the sh!t out of ISIS.

Donald T on the podium now, he continues to knock the sh!t out of ISIS.

Yeah by letting them out of prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Too much info Trump

The eyes popped from his head, the blood splattered the walls and his guts covered the floor, his arms were blown from his body, his butt landed on the moon.

Bit of an exaggeration but it was along those lines, a lot of detail the public did not need to know.

M

He gives a shout out to Putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

'Obama was drone happy and like most US presidents hastened middle East instability but the "they're as bad as each other" is patently false and simplistic.'

Eh, he bombed 7 countries killing thousands of innocent men, women and children. He destroyed two countries and unleashed the worst wahabbist headchoppers in the world on their civilian populations. His foreign policies resulted in the worst migrant crisis since WW2 and led to an increasing polarisation of European societies. Go on, what has the admittedly awful Trump done that compares to the above? Mean tweets seems to be your biggest gripe.

If you refer to ISIS then that is an incorrect statement

There's actually plenty to criticise him on like his attempt at destroying the Venezuelan economy, or his aggressive stance towards Iran, or his expansion of bombings, or his increased military spend and reduction in accountability for military excesses in their airstrikes, or his new NAFTA deal, which appears even worse than its predecessor and so on.

Most of these things were discussed at length i believe

Last few weeks its Ukraine ..another one of his brain farts ... Its hard to keep up with Trump and his cronies

Oh not at all. It's your media conditioned perception that has you not seeing the fact that the Dems and established media, Intel and beyond have sought to overturn the 2016 election since election night. This is an obvious fact to anyone not blighted by TDS. The RussiaGate nonsense being a perfect example.

'Shame as you make the odd reasonable point.' Oh, thank you. That's very generous of you to say.

'But you need to find some balance' Oh, touché.

"Dems and established media, Intel and beyond"

Yeah, so basically everybody with an IQ that runs into double digits. Once you discount all the above, you are left with the crackpots, the grifters and the gullible. Are you telling me you are happy to count yourself as a fellow traveller to that lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No one in Ireland is worrying about this? I doubt most Americans are either.

Again, this is a thread about Trump *taps title*

M

It's almost like a pay per view event that could be sold around the world.

• Advertisement
    M

Shout out to the Kurds too, also hat tip to the Turks.

Unless he pays me per view ...no thanks

FrostyJack wrote: »

The stuff about Twitter is all mad of course but it should be put into perspective.

The posters here can't see beyond Trump and Obama. Their knowledge doesn't go back that far.

Yeah the Twitter stuff that is it, nothing about him illegally holding back funds to another country to get dirt on a domestic political rival. Sending his AG around the world trying to get dirt on his on department of justice investigation. Putting fossil fuel lobbyists into nearly every job. Have half the government positions left empty or filled with acting positions so they don't have to be vetted. Trying to have G7 at his own resort illegally. Knowing Turkey were going to invade Kurdish areas and doing nothing about except pulling out any opposition force leaving hundreds to be killed and thousands to be ethnically cleansed if they stay, then going on tv saying there are bad people on both sides again. That is all in the last 2 or 3 weeks there is at least 3 or 4 of them a week. With the 24/7 news cycle we had since about Bush we never had anything remotely like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Too much info Trump

The eyes popped from his head, the blood splattered the walls and his guts covered the floor, his arms were blown from his body, his butt landed on the moon.

Bit of an exaggeration but it was along those lines, a lot of detail the public did not need to know.

The info would come out in drips usually. Saving a bit of time. Curious as regards the dogs.

^^^^^this.

SNURGLE.

"Going out to buy my HAPPY MEAL now to celebrate at my local fast food.:):)

FOok off

Reagan was not the healthiest of presidents .... He had a nap and acted as an actual president

|strange you didn't know that with your vast knowledge of past presidents

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The info would come out in drips usually. Saving a bit of time. Curious as regards the dogs.

The dogs surely must have died if they caught up to him when he blew him self off

duploelabs wrote: »
    Again, this is a thread about Trump *taps title*

Good to get alternatives views.

• Advertisement

It's a result for Trump, no doubt. But I'd doubt there are enough al-Bhagdadi's in the world to save him from what's coming down the road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement