Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Aretheymyfeet

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Seriously reaching here. Oh, they're all innocent because they couldn't get a fair trial and it's all polarised and (presumably) hysterical as well. Your two statements above are hilarious. "Allegations aren't convictions". Ok, here's a conviction. "But unfair trial in McCarthyite something polarised US". You must get dizzy running around with those goalposts.

You can look it up yourself. The timeline was published at the time of the investigation. But here's a synopsis of it in the Guardian.

But yeah, I have to provide evidence to deny your made up conspiracy theory. You've backed up nothing on this thread so far A bit of a pattern that I've no intention of pandering to any further

Grand. Believe whatever BS you want. Russia are the big baddies getting Trump elected, getting Brexit through, bla bla bla. Yes, in case you aren't aware all are innocent until proven guilty. Its kind of a pillar of our entire justice system. Innuendo and allegations are not proof of anything. You're a dirty paedo. I won't provide any evidence to substantiate my claim. My claim is evidence in your world. See how that works?

"Ok, here's a conviction" where? You must get dizzy believing every story told by the Anglo American establishment these days. No evidence required. You're a faith based believer.

"But yeah, I have to provide evidence to deny your made up conspiracy theory". Not at all. You have to provide evidence to support YOUR ridiculous conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Cool story. Please explain why this differs from any other country's lobbying efforts? Are the Russians not to be allowed lobby like every other country? Please also explain how this lobbying interfered with the US election.

I've read the last 5 or 6 pages and you keep changing what you say you'll need to admit you're wrong.

It's impossible to debate when you keep moving the goal posts. That's not a compliment by the way.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've read the last 5 or 6 pages and you keep changing what you say you'll need to admit you're wrong.

It's impossible to debate when you keep moving the goal posts. That's not a compliment by the way.

Please provide an example of where I have changed what I'm saying? Where have I moved the goal posts? I'm simply refuting the nonsense you are buying wholesale unsubstantiated by any actual evidence. You swallow narrative and believe it to be fact. Herd like unthinking mentality. That's not a compliment by the way...

You started off by saying Trump was no worse than Obama, then when Trump's actions were pointed out, you asked for proof, then when you were referred to the Mueller report, you asked for literal crimes and it seems you have ended up by effectively saying Putin isn't all that bad etc.

Look, I am only speaking for myself, but there seems little point in engaging with you but that doesn't mean I don't want to debate or discuss this administration. It just means I can't engage with people who keep shifting what is required.

Your posting style is reminiscent of others who effectively support Trump. "It never happened", turns to "they didn't mean that to happen", to "it isn't that bad" or "they all do it - why don't you live in the real world".

You started off by saying Trump was no worse than Obama, then when Trump's actions were pointed out, you asked for proof, then when you were referred to the Mueller report, you asked for literal crimes and it seems you have ended up by effectively saying Putin isn't all that bad etc.

Look, I am only speaking for myself, but there seems little point in engaging with you but that doesn't mean I don't want to debate or discuss this administration. It just means I can't engage with people who keep shifting what is required.

Your posting style is reminiscent of others who effectively support Trump. "It never happened", turns to "they didn't mean that to happen", to "it isn't that bad" or "they all do it - why don't you live in the real world".

Nope. I have stated repeatedly that Trump is a POS egomaniacal narccistic demagogue but stated this was nothing new. I have also provided numerous examples of other Presidents, Obama in particular, engaging in equally repulsive behaviour. I'm not supporting Putin either. I am simply refuting the nonsensical propaganda you are swallowing whole, no actual evidence required. This clearly annoys you.

"when Trump's actions were pointed out, you asked for proof, then when you were referred to the Mueller report" eh, what did the Mueller Report prove exactly? I'm signing out now for the evening. Enjoy your evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

"when Trump's actions were pointed out, you asked for proof, then when you were referred to the Mueller report" eh, what did the Mueller Report prove exactly? I'm signing out now for the evening. Enjoy your evening.

Standard operating procedure. Come on spout everyone is wrong except you, provide no evidence for your points and claim evidence isnt evidence when challenged, to muddy the water. Text book Kremlin tactics as laid out in the Mueller report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Did you even read the plea deal that Butina signed?

Speaking of the lovely Butina, she was released on Friday and is back in the bosom of Mother Russia.

Gun rights activists will be saddened.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,901 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So there seems to be doubt that the trump picture supposedly showing trump watching the raid from last night was actually taken when it was said it was.

So basically it was staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Who cares? The number one terrorist in the world has been killed.

Honestly. There's always bloody something to have a go at the POTUS about.

Such meaningless nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So there seems to be doubt that the trump picture supposedly showing trump watching the raid from last night was actually taken when it was said it was.

It's starting to look that way. Still don't have a finite timeline, but if the raid happened at 3:30pm EST as reports seem to say, Trump was just finished playing golf at Trump International and didn't get back to the WH until 4:18pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Itssoeasy wrote: »

If he was off golfing when the raid was taking place [maybe to give the appearance there was nothing unusual going on] then the image of him and the officers viewing the raid live is B/S and for public consumption/private memories and make a joke of his statements of how Al-Baghdadi died, just his usual way of giving exaggerated statements of what he's told/read/seen.

It's possible that he was a player in the Op by going golfing at the time to give the impression that things were normal as usual and nothing major under way. The alternative to that shouldn't be nice for his base, that he was not on the "Op Need To Know" list and went golfing on that basis. If Nancy wasn't told, then the GOP elders were probably shut out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,709 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Agree. The picture thing just comes across as desperate nit picking.

I hate Trump but I'm not afraid to give credit on the extremely rare occasion it is due.

He deserves credit for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Cool story. Please explain why this differs from any other country's lobbying efforts? Are the Russians not to be allowed lobby like every other country? Please also explain how this lobbying interfered with the US election.

I think you'll find that foreigners trying to lobby US politicians at national level [Congress and Senate] have to hire a US citizen to do the lobbying for them. One of the complaints against Rudy Giuliani is that he did not register as a lobbying agent for foreign nationals. There is a federal law against foreigners interfering in US voting. I reckon that might include using US citizens as proxies for the same reason. You could check online to see what US law says about such activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

The problem Pete is that Trump wants everything to be about him. It doesn't care about Isis or he wouldn't have landed to the Kurds in it and allowed hundreds to escape. So this is just a PR stunt for him, not an objective driven out of any ideology or foreign policy. An empty vessel just making a lot of noise, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

aloyisious wrote: »
    It's possible that he was a player in the Op by going golfing at the time to give the impression that things were normal as usual and nothing major under way.

Don't want those pesky ISIS operatives in Washington tipping off the boss.

The problem Pete is that Trump wants everything to be about him. It doesn't care about Isis or he wouldn't have landed to the Kurds in it and allowed hundreds to escape. So this is just a PR stunt for him, not an objective driven out of any ideology or foreign policy. An empty vessel just making a lot of noise, yet again.

Not saying he hasn't got some narcissistic qualities, of course he does, and can be hypocritical too (condemned Obama for taking credit for Bin Laden's death for example) but he also lauded the military today and intelligence, and does so regularly. I think it's unfair to say he doesn't care about tackling ISIS and terrorists in general just because there's an unsavory side to his character.

Not saying he hasn't got some narcissistic qualities, of course he does, and can be hypocritical too (condemned Obama for taking credit for Bin Laden's death for example) but he also lauded the military today and intelligence, and does so regularly. I think it's unfair to say he doesn't care about tackling ISIS and terrorists in general just because there's an unsavory side to his character.

"Some narcissistic qualities"...

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1188518379499458560?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

People's negative obsession with Trump is definitely akin to a mental illness.
    I'd say there's a medical terminology for it at this stage.

Im 44 years of age and he must be the most popular person in the world at this stage.

If he was a wizard I'd swear he's put a spell on ya'll

"transcript of Trump’s entirely fictional tale about how “nobody” had heard of “handsome” Osama bin Laden until Trump demanded his death in a 2000 book"...

Well, yes, while he did for sure exaggerate what he had said, to be fair, he did write about Bin Laden just before 911, and suggested that he was a threat that was being 'mishandled'.

Trump-Bin-Laden.png

Well, yes, while he did for sure exaggerate what he had said, to be fair, he did write about Bin Laden just before 911, and suggested that he was a threat that was being 'mishandled'.

Which is the exact opposite of what he claimed. He lied. Pure and simple. He tried to give the clear impression that he was one of the few who knew about Bin Laden and warned of the dangers he presented. That is not true. Bin Laden was on the US radar since '93 and Clinton had actively tried to get him in '98 after the embassy bombings.

Trump was talking sh1te. Like he always does.

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »

Im 44 years of age and he must be the most popular person in the world at this stage.

If you are literally *any* age other than 44, then I can confidently say that this entire statement is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

People's negative obsession with Trump is definitely akin to a mental illness.
    I'd say there's a medical terminology for it at this stage.

If he was a wizard I'd swear he's put a spell on ya'll

You could say the same about people who worship the guy, but ultimately you would be wrong on both accounts. He's a very controversial holder of the most influential public office in the world and was a popular celebrity even before that. It would be strange if he wasn't talked about.

Looks like te WaPo done fcuked up for sure on that obituary:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/SLVXouM

If you are literally *any* age other than 44, then I can confidently say that this entire statement is rubbish.

I said he's popular, whether he's disliked or liked he's popular.

You can rubbish away but fact's are fact's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

duploelabs wrote: »
    Again, this is a thread about Trump *taps title*

Like, Where's AnCapaillDorcha when you need him/her?

I said he's popular, whether he's disliked or liked he's popular.

You can rubbish away but fact's are fact's

You said he was "the most popular person in the world". Are you rowing back on that rhetoric?

You said he was "the most popular person in the world". Are you rowing back on that rhetoric?

He's definitely the most popular person in the world, popular doesn't mean loved or disliked.

I'm sure there's some guy spearing travellys in the Carribbean who's heard of trump.

It's not rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,901 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know this has nothing really to do with trump but California Democrat freshman congresswoman Katie hill is resigning from congress. I know that there was an ethics investigation opened into an alleged relationship she had with either a congressional staffer or campaign staffer.

He's definitely the most popular person in the world, popular doesn't mean loved or disliked.

I'm sure there's some guy spearing travellys in the Carribbean who's heard of trump.

It's not rhetoric.

I think the word you are thinking of is 'notorious'. This is a cross between popular and disliked. I think it ticks both your contradictory boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It's not rhetoric.

You're getting "popular" confused with "infamous".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

You're getting "popular" confused with "infamous".

Was about to say that. It literally means favoured, liked. I would say outside of America he is probably the least popular person in the World and more than half his country he is unpopular with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement