Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know this has nothing really to do with trump but California Democrat freshman congresswoman Katie hill is resigning from congress. I know that there was an ethics investigation opened into an alleged relationship she had with either a congressional staffer or campaign staffer.

And so the normal differences between the parties is displayed again, with all but the rarest exceptions.

Dems resign.

Republicans say **** you.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Everybody with an opinion different to yours is clearly a troll.

Jeez... I simply cannot understand how/why your inane opinions, not one of which is backed up by a detectable fact, is allowed here when your statement of said opinions is clearly designed to create division and argument.. IMHO, You joined here 2 days ago, and your role, to which you have dedicated yourself massively, is very simple... Your posts demonstrate nothing in terms of learning, information and/or fun/enjoyment... They are clearly tactical pieces of diatribe designed solely to support your role as an agent provocateur/euse. I'm shocked that you've been allowed to get away with it for this long!

If I appear to stray into Mod territory, I apologise.. The fact that I need to post this almost 48 hours into this newly created entity's apparent unfettered destabilisation of the thread speaks volumes. I regret I may find myself red-carded as a result.. So be it... If the thread isn't a place for reasoned discussion without constant polemicism, then I don't particularly want to be here.

I may post a copy of this post as a response to a number of hijacking polemics.. I hope it doesn't annoy you unduly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Was about to say that. It literally means favoured, liked. I would say outside of America he is probably the least popular person in the World and more than half his country he is unpopular with.

Ok I'm slightly dyslexic myself and find it hard getting my opinions across.

Ok he's well known, is that better.

My apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

nthclare wrote: »
    Ok I'm slightly dyslexic myself and find it hard getting my opinions across.

Ok he's well known, is that better.

My apologies

Why would flippantly say everyone on here who doesnt like one of the most unlikeable people in the World, has a mental illness and then say you have one?

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've read the last 5 or 6 pages and you keep changing what you say you'll need to admit you're wrong.

It's impossible to debate when you keep moving the goal posts. That's not a compliment by the way.

I'm stunned that the St Petersburg Team's codology continues to be allowed to hold sway here. I see machined talking points being trotted out through social media such as on this forum ALL.THE.TIME!

Jeez, we surely need to call out these trolls so that we can continue to have an informed conversation, and not lie as drugged inmates waiting to be fed the next course of Russian propaganda!

• Advertisement

This thread has been totally hijacked by Russian trolls!

Pending someone sorting this out, please do NOT feed the bear!

I'll probably be banned shortly...

If I've not been banned tonight, I'll post again tomorrow... If I don't post then, the trolls are in control!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You're getting "popular" confused with "infamous".

or populist. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,584 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump turned up to a World Series game last night and got booed. There also at least one sign which said "impeach Trump". The crowds also chanted "lock him up".

A couple of things;

1) i bet he ensured that he would attend a big event the day the raid happened in order to guarantee he would be cheered
    2) the footage of his reaction is quite something to see
    3) if anyone complains about lack of civility of those attendees, they need to attend one of his rallies for contrast
    4) if anyone complains about a lack of respect for the office of the president, they need to read, at the very least, the Mueller report and perhaps supplement that with the partial transcript of the call of the 25th July, along with the opening statements of the various witnesses who attended the impeachment enquiry thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not saying he hasn't got some narcissistic qualities, of course he does, and can be hypocritical too (condemned Obama for taking credit for Bin Laden's death for example) but he also lauded the military today and intelligence, and does so regularly. I think it's unfair to say he doesn't care about tackling ISIS and terrorists in general just because there's an unsavory side to his character.

He slates them on a more regular basis too, you never seem to have an opinion on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He slates them on a more regular basis too, you never seem to have an opinion on that.

He slates the intelligence agencies when they say unequivocally that the IRA and by extension Russia interfered in the election of 2016, and will do so in the 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump turned up to a World Series game last night and got booed. There also at least one sign which said "impeach Trump". The crowds also chanted "lock him up".

A couple of things;

1) i bet he ensured that he would attend a big event the day the raid happened in order to guarantee he would be cheered
    2) the footage of his reaction is quite something to see
    3) if anyone complains about lack of civility of those attendees, they need to attend one of his rallies for contrast
    4) if anyone complains about a lack of respect for the office of the president, they need to read, at the very least, the Mueller report and perhaps supplement that with the partial transcript of the call of the 25th July, along with the opening statements of the various witnesses who attended the impeachment enquiry thus far

For those who're interested

https://twitter.com/JesseYomtov/status/1188623566369165314

• Registered Users Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You mean, like he said at the news conference yesterday (CNN quote)
    "When we use our intelligence correctly, what we can do is incredible. When we waste our time with intelligence that hurts our country, because we had poor leadership at the top, that's not good."
    In which the President takes a(nother) shot at the intelligence community during a statement on the death of an ISIS terrorist.
    ---

Pretty pathetic, his attempt to make the news all about himself. And that staged photo of him & his flunkies trying to look like tough guys that apparently was taken after the killing of al-Baghdadi.

But, hey, it got him into the news cycle. What he's always after.

Igotadose wrote: »
    "When we use our intelligence correctly, what we can do is incredible. When we waste our time with intelligence that hurts our country, because we had poor leadership at the top, that's not good."
    In which the President takes a(nother) shot at the intelligence community during a statement on the death of an ISIS terrorist.
    ---

Pretty pathetic, his attempt to make the news all about himself. And that staged photo of him & his flunkies trying to look like tough guys that apparently was taken after the killing of al-Baghdadi.

He wanted his Obama moment (Bin Laden raid/killing) and failed miserably. Shiws how much of a petulant mam child he really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

He wanted his Obama moment (Bin Laden raid/killing) and failed miserably. Shiws how much of a petulant mam child he really is.
    His face changing when he realises they're booing him is priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

prawnsambo wrote: »
    His face changing when he realises they're booing him is priceless.

TBF it actually looks like he's catching his breath.

Did he sniffle through yesterday's news conference? I wonder if he's got allergies or something with his sinuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

TBF it actually looks like he's catching his breath.

Did he sniffle through yesterday's news conference? I wonder if he's got allergies or something with his sinuses.
    Would probably be better with sound. But the crowd cheered the marines who were positioned above Trump and then when the stadium announcer introduced Trump and Melania, the cheers turned to boos. That's why he's smiling first and looking up towards where the marines were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Jeez... I simply cannot understand how/why your inane opinions, not one of which is backed up by a detectable fact, is allowed here when your statement of said opinions is clearly designed to create division and argument.. IMHO, You joined here 2 days ago, and your role, to which you have dedicated yourself massively, is very simple... Your posts demonstrate nothing in terms of learning, information and/or fun/enjoyment... They are clearly tactical pieces of diatribe designed solely to support your role as an agent provocateur/euse. I'm shocked that you've been allowed to get away with it for this long!

If I appear to stray into Mod territory, I apologise.. The fact that I need to post this almost 48 hours into this newly created entity's apparent unfettered destabilisation of the thread speaks volumes. I regret I may find myself red-carded as a result.. So be it... If the thread isn't a place for reasoned discussion without constant polemicism, then I don't particularly want to be here.

I may post a copy of this post as a response to a number of hijacking polemics.. I hope it doesn't annoy you unduly!

You'll get used to it Tom. Have you noticed the amount of snarky one liners that don't get punished.....just because they toe the line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I know posting a Simpsons reference/clip may be a little low brow for the forum but it honestly reminds me of this

Link won't work for me but presume it was the boo-urns episode. Miller playing the Smithers role.

Can't wait for his bots to come out with they booed the marines after his human scum tweet that will follow. That or they were all paid by Soros or there was only 2 or 3 people. You heard it here first. Maybe he will say something like the oil companies should be paid "reparations", knowing the media will flip out at the terminology and thus deflect the news cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Aretheymyfeet

Standard operating procedure. Come on spout everyone is wrong except you, provide no evidence for your points and claim evidence isnt evidence when challenged, to muddy the water. Text book Kremlin tactics as laid out in the Mueller report.

What absolute garbage. Please detail the evidence of Russian State interference in the US election provided by Mueller in his report. I will donate a thousand euros to a charity of your choice if you can provide one single piece of actual evidence of Russian State interference in the US election.

You claim I say evidence isn't evidence. I'm a lawyer by trade so I know perfectly well what is or isn't evidence. You clearly don't. You cannot differentiate between narrative and objective fact. What experience of analysing and assessing evidence do you have?

'Text book Kremlin tactics'. Yes, because anyone not buying into this partisan politically motivated conspiracy theory unsupported by one single piece of actual evidence must be a Russian Bot. Anyone not swallowing the inconsistent and ridiculous British narrative on Skripal, clearly a Russian Bot. Anyone daring to question the actions of the Anglo American led cabal in Syria and their murderous regime change attempt, clearly a Russian Bot. Obviously the British and American States never lie, never engage in illegal wars, or nefarious plots. Bizarre to see Irish men jump to defend the honour of the State implicated in the Monaghan and Dublin bombings and Miami showband murders, nevermind the centuries of direct experience of the brutality and duplicity of the British State. But that's such a Russian Bot thing to say. One would almost think you are with the 77th, the Atlantic Council, or similar...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Why would flippantly say everyone on here who doesnt like one of the most unlikeable people in the World, has a mental illness and then say you have one?

Well I think you're flippantly reading my posts arse ways, I said that some people's obsession with trump is like a mental illness.

They are constantly giving out about him, I suppose these obsessions are sexy at the moment.

And I'd prefer to be dyslexic rather than have an obsession with Trump.

Are you saying that Trump hasn't effected anyone, and the irony is he who he is.

America's the land of the free, liberals are all for freedom and choices...and if Trump is a bit mad so what, he's given you a lot to post about and sure I joined in the foray.

Why not give every type of personality a chance in life, millions of people voted for him, their choice not yours or mine.

Now you can disect my post's, point out the irony and take me to task for having a problem with reading and writing.

Most people are full of contradictions, irony's ok I find it funny when I get caught out and people like your good self point out the irony of my posting...

I'm cool with that.

• Advertisement

What are you waffling on about you self righteous arrogant fool? I have merely presented my opinion that whilst Trump is awful, in real terms, style and media induced snowflake emotional triggering aside, he really is no worse than the usual occupants of the WH. Obama was referenced and I pointed out the wilful blindness of many to his abhorrent crimes. Apparently killing thousands of innocent men, women and children is ok provided they're brown and/or Muslim. Being a Twitter twat clearly a much much worse crime. I have provided perfectly legitimate evidence to support this position.

You seem to think such a position has no legitimacy at all. It's not allowed, verboten even! You don't argue the point. You simply decide, as if Lord of the Manor on Boards, what opinions one can or cannot hold. Everybody must fall into simple binary polarised camps. You're either rabidly for or against Trump, kind of reminiscent of GWBs pronouncements, 'With us or against us'. It's people like you who are degrading debate and leading to this divisive polarisation of Western societies. It's a very common trait among the arrogant types who deem anyone who disagrees with them a troll, or a Bot or similar.

You seem to think you have some kind of proprietary ownership over Boards.ie and what the discussions should be or what opinions can be expressed. Anyone coming on must fall behind your cosey consensus, zealous echo chamber and self congratulatory circle jerk. It's a public discussion board, not your private club.

This thread has been totally hijacked by Russian trolls!

Pending someone sorting this out, please do NOT feed the bear!

I'll probably be banned shortly...

If I've not been banned tonight, I'll post again tomorrow... If I don't post then, the trolls are in control!

Moderators, please address this fool and his labelling of all those with a different opinion to his as trolls. I'm happy to validate my identification 100% if the mods or boards wish to contact me directly. I am an Irish man (Not a Russian Bot) living in Dublin. Happy to address any questions Boards.ie or the mods may have. The above attacks and labelling of other posters as trolls, or bots, or Russian assets is pretty disgraceful arrogant and defamatory behaviour. Should newcomers be subjected to such defamatory attacks simply because they have just joined and hold a different opinion to the resident posters? The clique are getting terribly upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

What absolute garbage. Please detail the evidence of Russian State interference in the US election provided by Mueller in his report. I will donate a thousand euros to a charity of your choice if you can provide one single piece of actual evidence of Russian State interference in the US election.

Because he said so in his testimony to congress ?
    “Over the course of my career, I’ve seen a number of challenges to our democracy," Mueller said. "The Russian government’s effort to interfere in our election is among the most serious. As I said on May 29, this deserves the attention of every American."

Just to add .... for a lawyer you seem to get pissed of pretty quick over a few posts on a forum ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

'Effort' being the operative word.

weisses wrote: »
    Because he said so in his testimony to congress ?

Just to add .... for a lawyer you seem to get pissed of pretty quick over a few posts on a forum ...

Wow, just wow. 'Because he said so in his testimony'. Right, are we dealing with Jesus Christ here? Mueller said it, so it must be real. Did he by any chance substantiate his claim with any actual evidence?

I might at this point remind you of Mr Mueller's testimony before a Confessional Committee in 2003 where he made the now fully disproven claims in respect of Baghdad's WMD capabilities. He was one of the chief proponents of that lie that resulted in hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis and a region still in violent turmoil. Yet, you simply take his word at face value? Is this seriously the level of debate on here?

"Just to add .... for a lawyer you seem to get pissed of pretty quick over a few posts on a forum" I don't know, I think I've been pretty reasonable in my replies to defamatory accusations of being a troll or Russian Bot. Perhaps you might explain why you think a lawyer should not respond to such unfounded accusations?

Moderators, please address this fool and his labelling of all those with a different opinion to his as trolls. I'm happy to validate my identification 100% if the mods or boards wish to contact me directly. I am an Irish man (Not a Russian Bot) living in Dublin. Happy to address any questions Boards.ie or the mods may have. The above attacks and labelling of other posters as trolls, or bots, or Russian assets is pretty disgraceful arrogant and defamatory behaviour. Should newcomers be subjected to such defamatory attacks simply because they have just joined and hold a different opinion to the resident posters? The clique are getting terribly upset.

Says the guy spouting personal insults in his posts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yeah, how dare Trump criticize the intelligence community. What did they ever do to him, eh!

Durham-Barr report loading ....
    And that staged photo of him & his flunkies trying to look like tough guys that apparently was taken after the killing of al-Baghdadi.

Oh, so you're one of these who believe he was off golfing during the raid, even though he returned to the White House shortly after 4pm and the raid didn't take place until after 5pm? Yeah, not sure how he was supposed to be in two places at once, but who knows, he is the chosen one.

That man has made your world safer by requesting that the US military hunt down and kill the leader of ISIS. You can sneer and moan as much as you like but it won't make a lick of difference to that fact. You don't like him, we get it, but you should be capable of putting your personal feelings aside at times like this and show gratitude for the impact he has had on western society by taking the actions which he has as US commander-in-chief.

Oh and as for those boos, I'd be more worried if the DC elite were cheering him. He's draining the swamp of people who put money in a large amount of that crowd's pockets.

Yeah, how dare Trump criticize the intelligence community. What did they ever do to him, eh!

Durham-Barr report loading ....

Oh, so you're one of these who believe he was off golfing during the raid, even though he returned to the White House shortly after 4pm and the raid didn't take place until after 5pm? Yeah, not sure how he was supposed to be in two places at once, but who knows, he is the chosen one.

That man has made your world safer by requesting that the US military hunt down and kill the leader of ISIS. You can sneer and moan as much as you like but it won't make a lick of difference to that fact. You don't like him, we get it, but you should be capable of putting your personal feelings aside at times like this and show gratitude for the impact he has had on western society by taking the actions which he has as US commander-in-chief.

Oh and as for those boos, I'd be more worried if the DC elite were cheering him. He's draining the swamp of people who put money in a large amount of that crowd's pockets.

D.C elite at a baseball game? Have you evwr been to a baseball game? Are you saying the fans were booing because they are not getting money since Trump "drained the swamp"?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Could you be more specific about which bit of the swamp he has drained? Who has gone as a result of his swamp draining?

• Advertisement

Says the guy spouting personal insults in his posts :pac:

Eh, sorry? Am I not to be permitted to respond to defamatory comments? You guys are pretty myopic in your perspective. You can insult and label anyone as you please, simply for expressing a different opinion. How dare they respond in kind!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement