Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,590 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So Lev has decided to flip!

Can't wait to see how much this little coffee boy knows.

Chalk another one up on the list of people who find out trump's loyalty only works one way..

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1191523031019077632?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

everlast75 wrote: »
    So Lev has decided to flip!

Can't wait to see how much this little coffee boy knows.

Chalk another one up on the list of people who find out trump's loyalty only works one way..

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1191523031019077632?s=19

Lev has decades of shady dealings behind him and he's going to be investigated down to his bone marrow. Hopefully he'll be taking down all the crooks and thugs that populate much of Trump's orbit once he starts to sing...

First to go??

Bye! Bye! Rudy!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Lev has decades of shady dealings behind him and he's going to be investigated down to his bone marrow. Hopefully he'll be taking down all the crooks and thugs that populate much of Trump's orbit once he starts to sing...

First to go??

Bye! Bye! Rudy!
    “We are willing to comply with the subpoena to the extent that it does not violate any appropriate privilege that Mr. Parnas may properly invoke,” said Joseph A. Bondy, who along with Edward B. MacMahon, Jr. now represents Mr. Parnas.

Mr. Bondy said that given the federal criminal charges, his client may invoke his right under the Fifth Amendment not to incriminate himself.

The turnabout occurred after Mr. Trump denied knowing Mr. Parnas when he was arrested.

“Mr. Parnas was very upset by President Trump’s plainly false statement that he did not know him,” said Mr. Bondy, whose client has maintained that he has had extensive dealings with the president.

So - His lawyer is already talking about him pleading the 5th so clearly aware that they have the goods on him , so now the question is whether they'll offer him a deal if he genuinely has a story to tell..

The other guy (Furman?) is apparently still holding firm and refusing to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Roger Stone trial starts today.

The trump circus continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Delighted you posted that, and to see it get all the thanks it has too, as it just shows that I am right as ever about this thread and the majority who post in it, given that it shows the kind of thing which you all would be happy to see: a sports star being invited to the White House and then disrespecting Trump when there.

Sadly for you all though, it was fake news and that's from the man himself:

https://twitter.com/stras37/status/1191498539458867206

But sure what can you expect from swamp dweller who writes for the Washington Post but a deliberately edited video to make it appear as if Trump was snubbed when he wasn't.

Here's what really happened:

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1191506955413659648

The tweet caption was that he left the President hanging. Not that he snubbed the President. Just because he returned to shake his hand later doesn't mean that the earlier leaving hanging didn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

“Mr. Parnas was very upset by President Trump’s plainly false statement that he did not know him”

What is he - a nine year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The tweet caption was that he left the President hanging. Not that he snubbed the President. Just because he returned to shake his hand later doesn't mean that the earlier leaving hanging didn't happen.

Stras was way more insulting, the way he realized he should have shaken Trumps hand eventually

serfboard wrote: »
    “Mr. Parnas was very upset by President Trump’s plainly false statement that he did not know him”

That statement is loaded with political and legal weight.

They aren't kids sitting beside each other in a playground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So - His lawyer is already talking about him pleading the 5th so clearly aware that they have the goods on him , so now the question is whether they'll offer him a deal if he genuinely has a story to tell..

The other guy (Furman?) is apparently still holding firm and refusing to talk.

I think Congress would find it very difficult to justify an immunity deal with Parnas in exchange for his testimony as it would give him huge control over the ongoing Rudy and Fruman investigations, as well as making him immune from prosecution. It would also hold the impeachment investigations process up, as DOJ would have up to 20 says to object to such immunity being granted. Furthermore, no prosecution could ever occur based on evidence provided by him, whether that evidence was given directly by him, or derived from something he said. There are significant separation of powers issues here also, as the legislature would be making a Federal prosecution untenable, thereby encroaching on Executive branch processes.

For example, the Ollie North prosecution was completely derailed by him giving testimony to Congress.

I'd imagine that, in the event of them being indicted, Rudy and Fruman would love to hear Parnas giving evidence before the cameras as that could be argued by them to make it impossible for them to get a fair trial if any evidence was introduced that Parnas had spoken about to Congress.

Any immunity this guy gets should be from Prosecutors and only in exchange for giving up the bigger fish.

The petulant child that is Donald Trump, and the pissed-off child's statement that Parnas made, would point to the opposite.

There are no adults in the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That statement is loaded with political and legal weight.

Yeah if anything I read it as Parnas realising Trump isn't going to defend him and is trying to distance himself from Parnas as much as possible, so why should Parnas bother defending Trump? May as well comply as much as possible (without throwing himself under the bus too much) and let Trump/Giuliani fight their own battles.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah if anything I read it as Parnas realising Trump isn't going to defend him and is trying to distance himself from Parnas as much as possible, so why should Parnas bother defending Trump? May as well comply as much as possible (without throwing himself under the bus too much) and let Trump/Giuliani fight their own battles.

Exactly - Seems very similar to the journey that Cohen went on during his trial.

Penn wrote: »
    Parnas realising Trump isn't going to defend him
    Yeah - the moment you realise Donald Trump has thrown you under the bus.

My point is though, why couch it in such elementary-school language?

Maybe that's the way "the best people" speak ...

The phrase, "audience of one" comes to mind.

Trump’s:
    Campaign chair: felon
    Deputy campaign chair: felon
    Personal lawyer 1: felon
    Former Nat’l Sec. Adviser: felon
    Foreign policy adviser: felon
    Personal lawyer 2: under investigation

And today - his former campaign/political adviser, Roger Stone - on Trial.

Trump supporters would say its all part of the deep state. I think the phrase that springs to mind is "A man is known by the company he keeps"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

To be fair, that's a third party description. He could have been anything from pissed off to incandescent and a lawyer will say 'upset'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Trump’s:
    Campaign chair: felon
    Deputy campaign chair: felon
    Personal lawyer 1: felon
    Former Nat’l Sec. Adviser: felon
    Foreign policy adviser: felon
    Personal lawyer 2: under investigation

And today - his former campaign/political adviser, Roger Stone - on Trial.

Trump supporters would say its all part of the deep state. I think the phrase that springs to mind is "A man is known by the company he keeps"

Or, if you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas. When it comes to Trump and his cronies case, it's hard to distinguish the dogs from the fleas.

At the Roger Stone trial, this happened.

https://twitter.com/MMineiro_CNS/status/1191746669861330945?s=19

I'm not even surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

I feel that this is going to be all the proof conspiracy theorists will need to confirm the existence of a Witch Hunt:

https://twitter.com/MMineiro_CNS/status/1191754251544023042

Megan also mentioned that Milo Yiannopoulos is present. This is only the first day. We're in for a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Surely Stone's council will get a mulligan on that juror? I get what the judge is saying, but you cant give air to 'deep state' mouth breathers either.

• Advertisement

I feel that this is going to be all the proof conspiracy theorists will need to confirm the existence of a Witch Hunt:

https://twitter.com/MMineiro_CNS/status/1191754251544023042

Megan also mentioned that Milo Yiannopoulos is present. This is only the first day. We're in for a show.

They'll invent one regardless.

Jackson has cut Stone huge slack before now. He should count his lucky stars.

This just in.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1191772279862112262?s=19

Mulvaney will probably not attend. Just add that to the obstruction of Congress charges for DJT...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I'd say it's more to do with the fact that he sees the writing on the wall. He knows he's on his own no matter what he was doing at the behest of Trump's personal attorney.

He also knows Trump is in "deny everything to cover my ass" mode, and that his damage limitation only covers himself.

Trump is ultimately a selfish individual. There is no honour among thieves when it comes to him and his business dealings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

A lot of interest is being paid to Iowa over the past and next few days, with the Dem's planning to hold their candidate election primaries there next year and Don saying he'll hold what ever trade deal signing with China there as well. The farmers in the state are having cost problems like most others and it's intensified [according to some farmers there] by the trade deal practices of Don. Iowa is holding local and state elections on the 08th. I cant really understand what's in this link; https://uselections.com/ia/ia.htm ; as its intended for people with local [US] knowledge. The picked-over results may point towards success or failure for the incumbent party and its local reps.

Is Sondland, the guy who gave Trump a million dollars a Never Trumper now too? Even he confirmed the QPQ.

Then again, I can't remember where we're at with this. Are we at the point where a QPQ is all cool now and no big deal except for Biden's imagined one, that one was bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Is Sondland, the guy who gave Trump a million dollars a Never Trumper now too? Even he confirmed the QPQ.

Then again, I can't remember where we're at with this. Are we at the point where a QPQ is all cool now and no big deal except for Biden's imagined one, that one was bad?

GOP's moved on, it's all about what Don may have intended to do with any info Rudy got for him [its all fake news that I wanted it for personal gain - I needed it to get re-elected to fulfil my MAGA promise] and a lot of GOP'ers will swallow that hook, line and sinker. The verdict results in open court actions against his staffers will be a guideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,806 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I now have more serious doubts about the editorial board (they have one?) at the Federalist, after their senior editor tried to shout “AKSHUALLY” at Rep. Amash to have a twitter beef with him over whistleblower protections and constitutional law. (She lost)

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/mollie-hemingway-attempts-to-own-justin-amash-with-constitutional-provision-that-doesnt-exist/

I hear Bolton is to attend Thursday without the requirement of a subpoena...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,806 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I hear Bolton is to attend Thursday without the requirement of a subpoena...

Contradicts what he’s put out before that he won’t without subpoena. If he does suddenly attend Thursday that would be a flip

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    GOP's moved on, it's all about what Don may have intended to do with any info Rudy got for him [its all fake news that I wanted it for personal gain - I needed it to get re-elected to fulfil my MAGA promise] and a lot of GOP'ers will swallow that hook, line and sinker. The verdict results in open court actions against his staffers will be a guideline.

https://twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/status/1191798771505598464?s=19

Be lis imo *slow clap*

This is some Grade A nonsense

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement