Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/RepMarkMeadows/status/1191798771505598464?s=19

Be lis imo *slow clap*

This is some Grade A nonsense

It's rather impressive to be fair.

---

Where are you reading about Bolton?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭abff

It's rather impressive to be fair

The problem is that this type of absurd spin is endemic among hard core Republicans.

I looked up Mark Meadows on Wikipedia and it mentions that he has made no secret of his desire to become White House Chief of Staff. I guess this type of fawning bullsh*t is bound to please the baby-in-chief and might help him to achieve his ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,814 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well yeah he's probably on the shortlist now that Mulvaney is on the other short list for getting thrown under the train

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Overheal wrote: »
    Well yeah he's probably on the shortlist now that Mulvaney is on the other short list for getting thrown under the train

What's really puzzling at this point is why anyone would want to have anything to do with the absolute **** show of this White House.

Unless they're already implicated in various crimes and are looking to suckle at the teat of Trump for a pardon, I'm not sure what they think they can achieve.

Any benefits to their own wealth or that of their associates can be garnered purely from Trump and his Republican cohorts, for whom little else matters, being in power. Inserting themselves would be appear to do nothing more than exposing themselves to Trump's radioactive ability to get anyone around him into legal trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Gbear wrote: »
    What's really puzzling at this point is why anyone would want to have anything to do with the absolute **** show of this White House.
    There are quite a few reasons. Being a former WH Chief of Staff is a great door opener if you want to cash in on your public career. Doesn't matter who it was for, it still brings in the moolah. But he's been a Trump lickspittle since forever and a 'lock her up' chanter of note apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's rather impressive to be fair.

---

Where are you reading about Bolton?

Couple of twitter accounts... will have to wait and see

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1191534260915757061?s=19

Throwback to Umbrellagate: no president has ever done any worse

https://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow/videos/505581356692080/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Meadows twist on this isnt what Sondland said at all:

1. He just denied knowing the when/why/wherefore of the withholding. Plausable deniability, no more.

2 he never said it was about anti-corruption- he said it was about the STATEMENT on 'corruption' which we now know was definitively about Biden.

3. He acknowledges in updated testimony he told Ukraine it would likely not receive aid unless it announced investigations into Trump’s rivals

Please, try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Meadows twist on this isnt what Sondland said at all:

1. He just denied knowing the when/why/wherefore of the withholding. Plausable deniability, no more.

2 he never said it was about anti-corruption- he said it was about the STATEMENT on 'corruption' which we now know was definitively about Biden.

3. He acknowledges in updated testimony he told Ukraine it would likely not receive aid unless it announced investigations into Trump’s rivals

Please, try harder.

You're wasting your time. The hardliners in the GOP and amongst Trump supporters believe that throwing enough mud and repeating their lies continually is the best tactic against honesty.

Lawsuit from CREW against the State Department alleging it violated the laws governing the State Departments operation when top officials engaged in an ulterior shadow policy with the Ukraine in a manner kept secret from normal lawful diplomatic instruments and record keeping mandates.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/lawsuit-claims-the-state-department-engaged-in-illegal-shadow-diplomacy-in-ukraine/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Trump’s:
    Campaign chair: felon
    Deputy campaign chair: felon
    Personal lawyer 1: felon
    Former Nat’l Sec. Adviser: felon
    Foreign policy adviser: felon
    Personal lawyer 2: under investigation

And today - his former campaign/political adviser, Roger Stone - on Trial.

Trump supporters would say its all part of the deep state. I think the phrase that springs to mind is "A man is known by the company he keeps"

Now, there's a pithy and highly informative post. Thank you.

Gbear wrote: »

Unless they're already implicated in various crimes and are looking to suckle at the teat of Trump for a pardon, I'm not sure what they think they can achieve.

Any benefits to their own wealth or that of their associates can be garnered purely from Trump and his Republican cohorts, for whom little else matters, being in power. Inserting themselves would be appear to do nothing more than exposing themselves to Trump's radioactive ability to get anyone around him into legal trouble.

1. Book deal.. Conservative estimate $500k + $100kfor every month as Chief of Staff

2. Speaking engagements., Min $50k per, and 250-500k for Big 'uns

3. Right Wing "Foundation" CEO... $1m p.a. plus 5 million deferred pension compensation

4. Directorships.... $500k p.a.

Plus:

Back-handers
    Graft
    "Business Opportunities"
    etc....

So, Sondland made a deposition to the House Committees (under Oath) that he never thought there was any QPQ!

Then he is allowed to go Back in and do a 180...

NYT reports that:

"The disclosure from Gordon D. Sondland, an ally of Mr. Trump who is the United States ambassador to the European Union, confirmed his role in laying out a quid pro quo to Ukraine that conditioned the release of security assistance from the United States on the country’s willingness to say it was investigating former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and other Democrats."

So, Sondland lied! Why is he not charged with Perjury, rather than allowing him to re-write his evidence just because he heard a later witness had undermined his testimony...

Fucjing crazy system that allows principals to lie through their teeth then "on mature reflection/ recollection" change their story.... Such a process will NEVER arrive at the real truth!!

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Fucjing crazy system that allows principals to lie through their teeth then "on mature reflection/ recollection" change their story.... Such a process will NEVER arrive at the real truth!!

It's not perjury as this is not a trial.
    They are only gathering evidence - the same level as a police interview. However, it is still a crime to lie to these guys under 18 USC 1001 but you are allowed to come clean during the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1191886972861632512?s=19

Well this is quite interesting.

Trump threw his not inconsiderable weight behind this race, which in and of itself told a story.

Trump told the crowd that they had to stop the dems winning... "you can't let this happen to me"

The results were closely watched... including by McConnell I'd imagine

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1191890235514400770?s=19

Let's not be too hasty on this. Perhaps we should wait for Outlaw Pete to explain how we are reading this wrong and it is, in fact, Great for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Let's not be too hasty on this. Perhaps we should wait for Outlaw Pete to explain how we are reading this wrong and it is, in fact, Great for Trump.
    It certainly provides real data on how people are responding to Trump and his proxies. Virginia and Kentucky results together are a big plus for a Dem presidential candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

"The greatest defeat, believe me. Nobody has better defeats. People are always saying, “hey, he has the greatest defeats”. Nobody has ever done it better. Tremendous effort. Great job. MAGA"

A tiny margin and I'm sure it'll be contested but there's no denying that a red state like Kentucky electing a Democrat governer in this climate is definitely an indicator of how people are feeling towards Trump now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

circadian wrote: »
    "The greatest defeat, believe me. Nobody has better defeats. People are always saying, “hey, he has the greatest defeats”. Nobody has ever done it better. Tremendous effort. Great job. MAGA"

A tiny margin and I'm sure it'll be contested but there's no denying that a red state like Kentucky electing a Democrat governer in this climate is definitely an indicator of how people are feeling towards Trump now.

A state where Trumpy won by 30 points in 2016. Greatest defeat for a politician actively endorsed and campaigned for in the history of the US (well, o.k.. I just made that up but what the heck.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1191886972861632512?s=19

Well this is quite interesting.

Trump threw his not inconsiderable weight behind this race, which in and of itself told a story.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1191698487697649670

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's quite clear actually; as Trump promised people would get tired of all the winning they would do with him so they had to rest up for the presidential election. Hence Trump not only delivered his campaign promise but at the same time he predicted that this would happen and was accurate about his clairvoyance abilities proving him the bestest president ever! Besides it was all those Mexican rapists that came through his new border wall using regular store bought tools that voted that made it possible anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Cody montana

is_that_so wrote: »
    It certainly provides real data on how people are responding to Trump and his proxies. Virginia and Kentucky results together are a big plus for a Dem presidential candidate.

Are they blaming voter fraud yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the GOP guy hasn't conceded yet, citing "irregularities". What those irregularities are isn't clear yet, but I'm sure they'll make something up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Penn wrote: »
    I think the GOP guy hasn't conceded yet, citing "irregularities". What those irregularities are isn't clear yet, but I'm sure they'll make something up.
    He did not win; that's the irregularity because between the gerrymandering and bribes, awarded contracts, campaign contributions, he should have won as he was told he would.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So of the many sickening offshoots of Christianity, the "prosperity gospel" is way up there, this idea that God rewards belief with health and wealth (thus the poor & sick must be bad people because God punished them, a sentiment expressed by some GOP lawmakers). Why bring it up? Because I hadn't realised that Trump's "personal pastor and spiritual advisor" is Paula White, and ... ... well, the below video should give a good taste.

I mean, she's obviously a grifter and con-woman, latching onto someone brazenly godless as Trump for personal profiteering, but as always with this hyper-evangelicals, it's easy to find their brand of "Christianity" sickening:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1191495086581792768

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

pixelburp wrote: »
    Paula White, and ... ... well, the below video should give a good taste.

She has a gop at divorced people in that video. Trump has been divorced twice. As has she! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yes mutterings about irregularities. Probably court cases pending

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Apparently Don Jr asked in his 'book' how his father could possibly be racist when he "let me hang out with Michael Jackson when I was a kid"?

They really are the dumbest family on the planet.

Apparently Don Jr asked in his 'book' how his father could possibly be racist when he "let me hang out with Michael Jackson when I was a kid"?

They really are the dumbest family on the planet.
    His father was plugging the book on his twitter which is also illegal for the president to do. A small crime but a crime nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Given all that has come out in respect of the Ukraine call, how can anyone, of any political leaning, not see that at the very least this needs to be fully investigated?

I simply cannot understand how voters can simply brush it off as nonsense, as yet another nothing burger. I don't know what happened, but in order to ensure that those in power are stopped from operating outside the very laws they pledge to protect, it is necessary for them to be held to account.

Either Trump is right and nothing happened, in which case these people (whistleblower etc) need to be shown to be wrong, or he did do something, in which case the country should know about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement