Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Obama wasn't calling immigrants sub-human during his rallies and using them as enemies for his base to unify behind, that's the difference. Obama deported more more illegals than Trump at a faster rate and had an extremely tough border policy.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Igotadose wrote: »
    Try reading again. Paulsen came to the POTUS at the end of 2008 talking about the need for an $800bn infusion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008
    (remember, Obama wasn't president in 2008.)

You're the one banging on about the deficit during the Obama years. I ask you again, what would you have done when the Secretary of the Treasury asked you (in this case, GWB) for $800bn to unfreeze the economy. This was the start of TARP. Personally, I think the risk of a serious depression in 2009 was pretty high, and jobs were being shed like crazy. Paulsen was GWB's SecTreas.

But, this is what GWB told us all then: https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2008/09/print/20080924-10.html

2013 is in fact 5 years after the bailout started. One would expect the Treasury balance to go up after that. What is your source for Treasury balances though? Considering the US runs a perennial deficit (except for briefly under Clinton) I doubt it had a huge positive balance in 2013.

So, the bank bailout contributed to the deficit, and the Fed dropped interest rates to make money cheap.

Frankly, I think they did the right thing, as painful as it is to say. Deficits don't really matter if everyone's out of work and starving. They should've brought more pain to the banks, though. Not nearly enough of them went under. And, undoing the fiscal restraints (Dodd-Frank for example, the Consumer safety board), won't help.

But again, what would you have done? Let the banks fail? That really was the choice in 2008. Raised taxes instead of printing cheap money?

And, lest we forget, Congress controlled these acts starting in 2010. It was the GOP content to do the greatest wealth transfer in history, in case that wasn't clear.

Hard to have an economic discussion if your choosing to ignore the other 3 TRILLION extra on the Fed balance sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

RIGOLO wrote: »
    1 hour ago ... news story doesnt get much newer than that ..

Like I said

Typical anti Trump brigade tactics .. Obama puts children in detention cages .. well its not a news story nothing to see here lets just ignore it all.
    The DHS under the Trump Administration does the same thing and suddenly all the Obama , left liberal anti-Trumpers supporters are humanitarians screaming blue murder.

The history has already been written on that hypocrisy, theres no getting away from it.

House Democrats delete tweets showing migrants in cages when Obama was in office
    by Julio Rosas
    | July 10, 2019 11:19 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house-democrats-delete-tweets-showing-migrants-in-cages-when-obama-was-in-office

The manner in which Obama detained migrants and the way Trump has is absolutely different. You know this. Everyone knows this. Can you be genuine for just one time please?

By the way, you or any Trump supporter have absolutely no moral high ground to stand on when it comes to misleading facts or photos. Every single tweet these days from Trump is 100% grade A bullsh*t. It's like he just isn't trying to cover up the lies.

Any misleading story should be withdrawn, corrected and an apology issued. That includes Fox News, Sarah Sanders, Kellyanne Conway or Trump. Would you agree with that?

Clintons connections with Epstein were reported back in the early 2000's .

The liberal left main stream media virtually ignored this story for 14-15 years .
    The Democratic Party ignored this involvement for 14-15 years.
    The Democratic voters ignored this involvement for 14-15 years.
    99% of anti-Trumpers ignored this involvement for 14-15 years.
    Hilary Clinton ignored this involvement for 14-15 years.
    Bob Mueller was head of the FBI during this period.
    Jefferey Epstein was a mega-donor to the Democratic Party
    Jefferey Epstein was a mega-donor to the Clinton Foundation

my conscience is clear, I dont need to confirm anything.

So, you won't confirm it then.

Gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Hard to have an economic discussion if your choosing to ignore the other 3 TRILLION extra on the Fed balance sheet.
    And you keep saying things that contradict this piece of reality.

comparison_trump_obama.png?resize=556

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Obama wasn't calling immigrants sub-human during his rallies and using them as enemies for his base to unify behind, that's the difference. Obama deported more more illegals than Trump at a faster rate and had an extremely tough border policy.

So your saying
    Cages for kids are okay , if you give nice speeches and your a Democrat.

Cages for kids are bad, if you speak some harsh truths and are a Republican.

Theres a couple of questions the anti-Trumpers should ask themselves regarding immigration centres ..
    Did I give crap when Obama was doing it ?
    Why am I giving such a crap now ?

AOC is asking Jerome Powell some questions . Anyone else watching this ..
    She is now talking about the Philips curve.. maybe she did pay attention in college after all..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hard to have a discussion when you're deflecting from direct questions. What would you have done in 2008? The actions then, precipitated the subsequent bailouts. Do you agree, GWB rang up $800bn in debt (heck, I've even linked to his speech about it) near the end of 2008?

And this is all around your deflecting my initial question - what would you have done differently? Economy shrinking, jobs being lost. Is your answer simply "not run up the debt?"

If it is, that's fine, discussion over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Attack, deflect, ignore, move on to the next talking point..

That's all there is - no real discussion, no nuance. There is no point in engaging with that poster.

Nope I keep saying facts..
    Obama added 8 TRILLION to the national debt,
    Obama had a Fed friendly policy of 0% interest rates ,
    Obama added 5 million to foodstamps,
    under the Obama admin the Fed added 4 Trillion (with roll over interest rates) to its balance sheet ,
    Obama admin was injecting 30billion a month into Wall St for 6 years.
    Obama drove savers to lose a fortune with such interest rates forcing a flight to equities
    Obama admin jailed virtually no Wall Street banker
    The greatest transfer of wealth in history as some call it
    every dollar to wall st came from a middle class saver

the list goes on

you think that was a good price to pay for the chart you posted
    I dont.
    I think Trump administration has achieved far more with far less cost.

Its just a wash rinse repeat was cycle of anti-Trumpers hypocrisy.

The sky is falling in Trump added a trillion to the debt ...
    Obama added 8 trillion .. I wonder whats on the sports page..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

peddlelies wrote: »
    You should probably stop stating things as fact when you have no real evidence to back them up, like I said before it's easy to say such things when accountability isn't a factor.

In other news AOC has called for the abolishment of the DHS.

Evidence is all over the internet. It will soon be all over your television news, unless you are tuned to Fox.

Once the FBI takes the reins, once the victims are publicly backed by the FBI confirming that they will be protected (unlike in 2008) if they come forward, there will be a deluge. Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris where convicted on individual accounts of abuse, with scant physical evidence bar proof of location. The FBI have cds with thousands of photos of the very women about to come forward.

As I said, this is the tip of the iceberg. There will be hundreds of victims coming forward with detailed accounts of where they were, who was with them and what happened.

No wonder Trump is making a mountain out of a Darroch molehill. At least next week he can relax, oh wait no, Mueller is publicly testifying.

• Advertisement

Alex Acosta will be holding a press conference later. It'll be at around 19:00 our time.

Trump said yesterday that he "felt badly" for the US Attorney who gave Epstein that sweet-heart deal. I don't think the press conference is to be resignation speech but more of a statement and possible Q and A.

Evidence is all over the internet. It will soon be all over your television news, unless you are tuned to Fox.

Once the FBI takes the reins, once the victims are publicly backed by the FBI confirming that they will be protected (unlike in 2008) if they come forward, there will be a deluge. Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris where convicted on individual accounts of abuse, with scant physical evidence bar proof of location. The FBI have cds with thousands of photos of the very women about to come forward.

As I said, this is the tip of the iceberg. There will be hundreds of victims coming forward with detailed accounts of where they were, who was with them and what happened.

No wonder Trump is making a mountain out of a Darroch molehill. At least next week he can relax, oh wait no, Mueller is publicly testifying.

In other news......blah blah blah AOC blah blah blah. Spare me.

If you put Alexandria Ocassio Cortez into GOOGLE, you will get 37.5 million results.

It seems ironic an anti-Trumper is blaming others for making AOC part of the news cycle.

The main stream media , with their liberal left bias have made AOC the news !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

1 hour ago ... news story doesnt get much newer than that ..

Not sure if you read the link you originally posted but it was from May 2018, not one hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

US debt has increased by $2.5 trillion since Trump took over and debt will sit at $24 trillion at end of 2020 based on current predictions.
    So your saying
    Cages for kids are okay , if you give nice speeches and your a Democrat.

Cages for kids are bad, if you speak some harsh truths and are a Republican.

Theres a couple of questions the anti-Trumpers should ask themselves regarding immigration centres ..
    Did I give crap when Obama was doing it ?
    Why am I giving such a crap now ?

AOC is asking Jerome Powell some questions . Anyone else watching this ..
    She is now talking about the Philips curve.. maybe she did pay attention in college after all..

There is a right way and wrong way to deal with things and Trump and his administration have been dealing with it all wrong since day one. They come across as heartless monsters hence why there is focus on them when the situation gets out of hand and people die.

Some victims already came forward...

They came forward in the early 2000s and the Democrat Party, Democrat supporters, liberals , the main stream media and pretty much 99% of anti-Trumpers ignored the story .

Theres blood on the lefts hands .
    Thats already a fact of history .

Nope I keep saying facts..
    Obama added 8 TRILLION to the national debt,
    Obama had a Fed friendly policy of 0% interest rates ,
    Obama added 5 million to foodstamps,
    under the Obama admin the Fed added 4 Trillion (with roll over interest rates) to its balance sheet ,
    Obama admin was injecting 30billion a month into Wall St for 6 years.
    Obama drove savers to lose a fortune with such interest rates forcing a flight to equities
    Obama admin jailed virtually no Wall Street banker
    The greatest transfer of wealth in history as some call it
    every dollar to wall st came from a middle class saver

the list goes on

you think that was a good price to pay for the chart you posted
    I dont.
    I think Trump administration has achieved far more with far less cost.

Its just a wash rinse repeat was cycle of anti-Trumpers hypocrisy.

The sky is falling in Trump added a trillion to the debt ...
    Obama added 8 trillion .. I wonder whats on the sports page..

I'm not going to play your silly game of arbitrary and isolated statistics just so that you can avoid facing up to the fact that the markets and jobs numbers improved more during Obama's first two years than they did Trump's.

What you're doing is the opposite of subtle.

If you put Alexandria Ocassio Cortez into GOOGLE, you will get 37.5 million results.

It seems ironic an anti-Trumper is blaming others for making AOC part of the news cycle.

What has Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez got to do with Trump's close friendship with a sex-trafficking paedophile and the FBI's investigation of those public figures close to said paedophile?

Is this a Fox News chat stream? Why are you still (allowed) here with this irrelevant guff?

I've reported your post.

Have a look through this thread and see which posters keep bringing her up.

It might surprise you.

It might surprise you.

When she keeps swatting them away with ease, its no wonder they are obsessed with taking her down....

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1148679483161010176?s=19

It might surprise you.

I've reported this poster. If it's not a dump of praise, it's trolling or distractions. It's bloody boring, if nothing else.

• Advertisement

US debt has increased by $2.5 trillion since Trump took over and debt will sit at $24 trillion at end of 2020 based on current predictions.

There is a right way and wrong way to deal with things and Trump and his administration have been dealing with it all wrong since day one. They come across as heartless monsters hence why there is focus on them when the situation gets out of hand and people die.

Yep ..
    over 8 trillion of that is Obamas .
    Add in the extra cost on roll over increasing interest rates add in the reduction in Fed repayments direct to US treasury and your probaly closer to 10TRILLION of that being OBAMA

This economic viewpoint from the anti-Trumpers is akin to someone from Ireland saying FF were great and its a good thing we have spent 60 billion paying back interest (60 BILLION - JUST INTEREST) on our national debt since the crash.

I'm not going to play your silly game of arbitrary and isolated statistics just so that you can avoid facing up to the fact that the markets and jobs numbers improved more during Obama's first two years than they did Trump's.

What you're doing is the opposite of subtle.

really ..

really ..

Yes really. You've posted god knows how many press releases harping on about the stock market and when challenged you go off to wherever compiles these statistics and splurge them at this forum to avoid answering questions.

Your game is obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

But Obama! But Hilary!!
    Constantly.
    It’s so disruptive and redundant.
    The thread is about the Trump presidency.

The endless ‘but Obama was worse!’ Is a childish partisan empty position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Some victims already came forward...

They came forward in the early 2000s and the Democrat Party, Democrat supporters, liberals , the main stream media and pretty much 99% of anti-Trumpers ignored the story .

Theres blood on the lefts hands .
    Thats already a fact of history .

But as this is the Trump thread, perhaps the most important victim is Katie Johnson. Here is the court filing.

The Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, alleges she Was enticed by promises of money and a modeling career to attend a series of underage sex parties held at the New York City residence of Defendant Jeffrey E. Epstein and attended by Defendant Donald J. Trump.

On the first occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, Was forced to manually stimulate Defendant Trump With the use of her hand upon Defendant Trump’s erect penis until he reached sexual orgasm.

On the second occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, Was forced to orally copulate Defendant Trump by placing her mouth upon Defendant Trump’s erect penis until he reached sexual orgasm.

On the third occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson Was forced to engage in an unnatural lesbian sex act with her fellow minor and sex slave, Maria Doe age 12, for the sexual enjoyment of Defendant Trump. After this sex act, both minors Were forced to orally copulate Defendant Trump by placing their mouths simultaneously on his erect penis until he achieved sexual orgasm. After Zipping up his pants, Defendant Trump physically pushed both minors away While angrily berating them for the “poor“ quality of their sexual performance

On the fourth and final sexual encounter with the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, Was tied to a bed by Defendant Trump who then proceeded to forcibly rape Plaintiff Johnson. During the course of this savage sexual attack, Plaintiff Johnson loudly pleaded with Defendant Trump to “please wear a condom”. Defendant Trump responded by violently striking Plaintiff Johnson in the face With his open hand and screaming that “he would do whatever he wanted” as ”he refused to Wear protection.” After achieving sexual orgasm, the Defendant, Donald J. Trump put his suit back on and when the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, in tears asked Defendant Trump what Would happen if he had impregnated her, Defendant Trump grabbed his wallet and threw some money at her and screamed that she should use the money “to get a ****ing abortion”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

No doubt will be waved away with a bored/dismissive hand gesture by certain posters, because it doesn't fit with their ideology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

We were also instructed to stop copy pasting propaganda press releases

That hasn’t stopped either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

We were also instructed to stop copy pasting propaganda press releases

That hasn’t stopped either

Seems to apply to some more than others

RIGOLO, why would Donald Trump fly 28 girls to an evening in Mar a Lago with just himself and Epstein?
    The year was 1992 and the event was a “calendar girl” competition, something that George Houraney, a Florida-based businessman who ran American Dream Enterprise, had organized at Mr. Trump’s request.

“I arranged to have some contestants fly in,” Mr. Houraney recalled in an interview on Monday. “At the very first party, I said, ‘Who’s coming tonight? I have 28 girls coming.’ It was him and Epstein.”

Mr. Houraney, who had just partnered with Mr. Trump to host events at his casinos, said he was surprised. “I said, ‘Donald, this is supposed to be a party with V.I.P.s. You’re telling me it’s you and Epstein?’”

We can discuss Bill Clinton in the Bill Clinton thread if you like afterwards.

• Advertisement

But Obama! But Hilary!!
    Constantly.
    It’s so disruptive and redundant.
    The thread is about the Trump presidency.

The endless ‘but Obama was worse!’ Is a childish partisan empty position

The anti-Trumpers always roll that out when they come face to face with their own hypocrisy.

15 years we have known about Epstein , the bulk of it under a Democratic Party led regime and a main stream media liberal left bias ..... BUT we are only allowed talk about the period that began in Nov 2016

Another poster below raises the question of $24 trillion in US debt.. but the anti-Trumpers will only allow a discusiion of the 2.4 Trillion (a good portion of which was interest on Obamas debt) thats been added under he Trump administration.

as someone astute once said ..

HYPOCRISY IS THE HOMAGE VICE PAYS TO VIRTUE .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement