Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It's rural vs urban. The difference is that the big cities are normally by coastlines and outnumber the rural folk, the more landlocked states have smaller cities which are outnumbered by rural denizens. When people say that the Democrats and Republicans tend to live in two different worlds, they really do.

Taking the maps as a guide, + the rural V urban vote divide, when it comes to the landlocked states would the vote in their cities also be affected by the urban/rural divide or would it really matter numerically at all?

I see, according to online data, that seaside cities have a specific advantage over landlocked cities when it comes to voter numeracy but imagine that the rural folk who've migrated to them may have pre-existing voter preferences which could counterbalance any presumed urban V rural advantage. The E/C vote allowance is a whole other issue for US voters themselves so I'll step around that, if you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

I'm reading that Col. Vindnam, Purple Heart winner, has been 'fired' by the draft-dodging, but self-declared troops-loving Mr Trump.

On the eve of Veterans Day.

Would any of the usual apologists care to try and spin this as anything other than the actions of a despicable coward and bully?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Ben Done wrote: »
    I'm reading that Col. Vindnam, Purple Heart winner, has been 'fired' by the draft-dodging, but self-declared troops-loving Mr Trump.

Would any of the usual apologists care to try and spin this as anything other than the actions of a despicable coward and bully?
    Anyone who opposes the agenda of president Donald J Trump, including purple heart recipients, is human scum icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭amandstu

Looks like someone has bought humanscum.com

I tried to buy it for a low price but seems you have to start at $10,000...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

amandstu wrote: »
    Looks like someone has bought humanscum.com

I tried to buy it for a low price but seems you have to start at $10,000...

So Hilary calls Trump Supporters "A basket of deplorables" and it's the worst thing anyone has ever said about anyone.

Trump calls anyone that doesn't support him "Human Scum" and there's barely a flicker.

If that isn't a measure of the road the US has traveled in the last few years I'm not sure anything is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,820 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

At a TPUSA event where Don Jr extolled the virtues of free speech the first amendment and going around the country to “talk and listen to everyone,” they announced there would be no Q and A, because reasons. Hilarity ensues

[url]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So Hilary calls Trump Supporters "A basket of deplorables" and it's the worst thing anyone has ever said about anyone.

Trump calls anyone that doesn't support him "Human Scum" and there's barely a flicker.

If that isn't a measure of the road the US has traveled in the last few years I'm not sure anything is.

I shudder to think what Hilary says in private about people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Reports that Lev Parnas has indeed flipped on Giuliani and Trump. NYT says he delivered the message to the Ukrainians that they had to investigate the Bidens in return for the aid, and was directed to do so by Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer and not a government official.

How some people still think there might be no issue with that is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

You might want to get that looked at.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Why , do you think what she might say would be more or less offensive than what Trump has said publicly (let alone what he might say behind closed doors)?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Ben Done wrote: »

Perhaps you should read more closely.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/vindman-fired-nsc/

Further, a typical tour of duty at any posting for an active officer is two or three years. He could be expected to rotate out next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Why , do you think what she might say would be more or less offensive than what Trump has said publicly (let alone what he might say behind closed doors)?
    The "grab em by the mickey" tape is gonna drop any day now...

About Trump supports in America. One can only imagine what she says about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

And what she says about whatever is left of them, I'd guess she's mostly right

everlast75 wrote: »
    And what she says about whatever is left of them, I'd guess she's mostly right

You mean people you've never met?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,413 ✭✭✭✭Water John

This was Guilfoyle's contribution;
    Guilfoyle, forced to shout to make herself heard, told students in the crowd: “You’re not making your parents proud by being rude and disruptive.”

Oh yeah, that will make them go quiet.

Water John wrote: »
    This was Guilfoyle's contribution;
    Guilfoyle, forced to shout to make herself heard, told students in the crowd: “You’re not making your parents proud by being rude and disruptive.”

Oh yeah, that will make them go quiet.

She then went on about catfishing and dating sites...

What kind of bad tinder dates did Kimberly Guilfoyle go on before she had an affair with Trump Jr?

You mean people you've never met?

*sigh*

Am I not allowed discern from those people who

a) publicly comment online or in front of the camera defending him
    b) that cheer him on at the rallies or
    c) although I cannot see them, support him after his after 3 years of despicable behaviour

some significant judgement flaw or in the worst cases some malicious intent towards others?

Right so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Strictly humor. John Oliver skewers Trump ally and "coal industry goblin" Bob Murray in this recent "Last week tonight:" https://youtu.be/UN8bJb8biZU

Trump gets a mention too (not surprising)

Igotadose wrote: »
    Strictly humor. John Oliver skewers Trump ally and "coal industry goblin" Bob Murray in this recent "Last week tonight:" https://youtu.be/UN8bJb8biZU

Trump gets a mention too (not surprising)

Must go back and watch his videos about the Coal Baron - who just announced his run for 3rd party.

Oh apparently he was in this episode too, watching later

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    *sigh*

Am I not allowed discern from those people who

a) publicly comment online or in front of the camera defending him
    b) that cheer him on at the rallies or
    c) although I cannot see them, support him after his after 3 years of despicable behaviour

some significant judgement flaw or in the worst cases some malicious intent towards others?

Right so.

Of course you can disagree with them.. but you seem to want to slag them off - people you haven't met.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Overheal wrote: »
    At a TPUSA event where Don Jr extolled the virtues of free speech the first amendment and going around the country to “talk and listen to everyone,” they announced there would be no Q and A, because reasons. Hilarity ensues

[url]

That should be a shot across the bows for the Trump campaign. They're hoping the TPUSA people will somehow revive the energy of the 2016 campaign. But the TPUSA leadership were Never Trumpers back in 2016. Meanwhile TPUSA events over the past several weeks are being targeted by activists who are continuously questioning TPUSA speakers why they are not America first. The Q&A was cancelled to try prevent another episode, but clearly it failed.

As it stands, Trumps 'grassroots' cant hold an event without being physically attacked and/or heckled. He's finished.

Of course you can disagree with them.. but you seem to want to slag them off - people you haven't met.

Do you get upset at the Trump supporters who call people libtards or dimocrats? What about when Trump himself called anyone who disagreed with him human scum?

Do you get upset at the Trump supporters who call people libtards or dimocrats? What about when Trump himself called anyone who disagreed with him human scum?

Just as appalling as the stuff said about Trump supporters.

Hang on.

If I see people with my own eyes on tv, either being interviewed or else cheering that ******* up on stage, I'm perfectly entitled to evaluate them.

In relation to the others, the way I see it, there were 3 main reasons why people voted for trump

1) they hated Clinton
    2) they believed Trump would deliver real change to their lives
    3) they knew he was a racist clown and didn't care.

I can excuse the first two, who, at this stage should know that they made a mistake and should no longer support him. Those who don't have a significant character flaw, as I said above.

The only category left falls under 3 and I have zero time for them.

So Nikki Haley in her book says Rex Tillerson and John Kelly tried to 'recruit her' to protect America from the President

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/11/11/nikki-haleys-real-disclosure-concerns-about-trumps-dangerousness-went-right-top/

(did she ever decide to tell the president?)

Pretty damning **** though when your own appointees have to firewall you from the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

She then went on about catfishing and dating sites...

What kind of bad tinder dates did Kimberly Guilfoyle go on before she had an affair with Trump Jr?

O.K. So, Kimberly has a fair amount of history. Law degree.

Married (to Gavin Newsom, yes, the governor of CA now), divorced, then to someone else, with whom she had a child, and is now divorced again.

Started life as a prosecutor in SF, then in LA, then back to SF. Then got the Fox gig ("The 5"). Apparently she was friends with Trump Jr when he was married (to the mother of his 5 children.) Once Trump Jr broke up with his wife, they hooked up and now she's working for some Trump PAC.

So, my feeling is, she might give off a somewhat 'dull' vibe, but this is one very calculating woman. Kind of like Melania Trump.

https://youtu.be/UN8bJb8biZU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

[url]

MSN ran a story on his "triggered" book launch event that the hecklers were from a conservative group [America First] unhappy with what they claimed were Deep State Fakers on Dons staff and the No Q&A instruction riled them. Apparently no anti-Trump protestors were in the building, they and the anti anti-Trump protestors were held outside behind barriers. The MSN story seemed slanted towards mocking Don Jnr over the event failure.

Edit: the group in the event weren't Pro-Trump as such, but America First people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

aloyisious wrote: »
    MSN ran a story on his "triggered" book launch event that the hecklers were from a conservative Pro-Trump group unhappy with the No Q&A idea and the Deep State Fakers on Dons staff.
    Not sure if it was posted at the time, funny to see Steve Bannon who started all this "deep state" lark saying it was a theory for "nut cases".

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/5/steve-bannon-declares-deep-state-conspiracy-theory/

• Advertisement

So , to be clear here. Your concern is about what awful things Hilary Clinton might say about Trump supporters in private?

But you have yet to comment on what Trump has said in public about people that do not support him?

If he calls them "Human Scum" in print, on Twitter - What on earth did he call them in private before Dan Scavino dialled him back to "Scum"????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement