Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What do you say to the Ukranians who've lost a loved one as Obama was in the Russians pocket.
    It's all starting to come out.....crazy little thing called the Truth.

#BlanketGate :rolleyes:

It's an absurd 'Butterfly Effect' fallacy argument

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Overheal wrote: »
    #BlanketGate :rolleyes:

It's an absurd 'Butterfly Effect' fallacy argument

Obama corrupt, that's the way I understood it a bad president for Ukraine.

Rep Stewart (R-UT) consumed his entire time giving his opinion on things while attacking the witnesses for being asked about their opinion on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What do you say to the Ukranians who've lost a loved one as Obama was in the Russians pocket.
    It's all starting to come out.....crazy little thing called the Truth.

> Look over here......Obama.

Are you NOT concerned about Trumps lies?

I'd like to remind others in the interest of civility: no US President has ever been on trial for any death that resulted from foreign policy. It's a worthless herring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Don't bite people. What we should be discussing is how a lifetime state dept diplomat said that president Donald Trump extorted Ukraine in order to further his personal political intentions, and in doing so damaged the national security of both Ukraine and the U.S.

Props to Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) she's been the most coherent minority member today.

rosser44 wrote: »
    Don't bite people. What we should be discussing is how a lifetime state dept diplomat said that president Donald Trump extorted Ukraine in order to further his personal political intentions, and in doing so damaged the national security of both Ukraine and the U.S.

'Ah, that's clever, we really need to be talking about the people testifying about the President operating a private foreign counterpolicy to US interests, because they're really the ones damaging US diplomacy. '

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Schiff committed purgery, this is a blatant lie. Nothing he says can be taken as the truth.

link:https://video.foxnews.com/v/6103419382001/

Sooo after watching the video how am i any clearer as to how he committed purgery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Publicly go after my lead opponents son or I won't give you the stuff you need to stop the Russians from steamrolling over your country.

This is what has been described - not impeachable?

This is acceptable for a president?

To risk U.S. strategic interests like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

As an aside, does Kent not look like a young version of the dad from Frasier?

Kent v. John Ratcliffe (R-TX) Take 2 isn't going much better for the gentlemen from Texas.

As an aside, does Kent not look like a young version of the dad from Frasier?

He seems like a very classic US career official tbh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_P._Kent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Radcliffe isn't stupid, he just has no point of attack so he has to make it about Schiff instead of questioning the witness. It's petty and transparent but there's nothing else he can do in that position.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Schiff committed purgery, this is a blatant lie. Nothing he says can be taken as the truth.

link:https://video.foxnews.com/v/6103419382001/

You have to be under oath to commit perjury.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

peddlelies wrote: »
    Radcliffe isn't stupid, he just has no point of attack so he has to make it about Schiff instead of questioning the witness. It's petty and transparent but there's nothing else he can do in that position.

I'm definitely not a fan of the failed businessman but it seems to me that Radcliffe would be more use to the GOP if he gave over his time to Jordan.

Brian? wrote: »
    You have to be under oath to commit perjury.

But not, pergury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Val Demings getting straight to the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

aloyisious wrote: »
    I'm definitely not a fan of the failed businessman but it seems to me that Radcliffe would be more use to the GOP if he gave over his time to Jordan.

Jordan is the worst, I have to mute or turn it off when he comes on. He does the GOP no favours at all, Mike Turner did a good job rest have all been poor so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Jordan does his job. It isn't pretty, it isn't constructive generally speaking but it is a specific job for a specific audience and he does it as well as anyone.

Have to say I really enjoy Taylor's directness, I know some have said they prefer Kent as a witness but I gotta say, Taylor has been very good in my eyes.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Now Nunes, he's the absolute pits alright. Dunno how he walks upright in fact

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You know what I mean, he's a liar and just proved it.

Being a liar allows you to be President of the United States these days, apparently, so it looks like Schiff has a fine career ahead of him if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,601 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It'll be hard for any moment to top this in thess hearings.....

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1194711130956058626?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I see lots of posts like this. Comparing republicans to apes or unevolved creatures. Ridiculing and denigrating Trump supporters. Always from a perceived position of intellectual or moral superiority. Sickening.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I was in Devin Nunes' hometown a few months ago. Talk about grim. You do reap what you sow in voting terms.

I see lots of posts like this. Comparing republicans to apes or unevolved creatures. Ridiculing and denigrating Trump supporters. Always from a perceived position of intellectual or moral superiority. Sickening.

I agree.

I've heard some say they come from sh1thole countries, or have low I.Q., or are creepy or shifty, saying they are unstable, or are a nut job.

Awful, awful language.

“Our Administration”

In remarks to reporters after the hearing, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) made a brief reference to the Trump administration as “our administration,” before quickly backtracking.

“Look, Ukraine’s . . . one of the three most corrupt countries on the planet,” Jordan said. “President Trump and our administration — his administration — was checking them out.”

Mike DeBonis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

aloyisious wrote: »
    The GOP counsel is definitely trying to unsettle the ambassador: the three other ambassadors have been given appointment in the senate whereas [unspoken] you have not been appointed making you only the Charge D'affairs in Ukraine. Counsel implying Rudy was in Ukraine only to find out if Biden Jnr was a secret mole using Ukraine assets to interfere with the 2016 campaign.

The GOP counsel, Steve Castor, comes across as a nasty piece of work. Resembles Corey Lewandowski, in other words he looks like a thug!! :mad:
    Such a contrast between him and classy looking Daniel Goldman, the Dem counsel.

Why did Castor have to personally attack Taylor, whom he must have known had served his country honourably? I'm glad that Sean Patrick Maloney (D) subsequently drew attention to the fact that Taylor graduated fifth in a class of 600? from Westpoint, in 1969. He then chose to enlist in the Infantry to serve in Vietnam, where he fought bravely. Maloney managed to cleverly tie this wartime experience of Taylor with his recent visit to the battlefields in Ukraine, where the soldiers thanked him for the military aid, which he knew was being held up. :(

Maloney's final question to him, as to what would happen to a commander who would deprive his men on the field of aid unless they provided him with some private request, was very effective.

Last one: 'Would he be court martialled?' 'Yes!' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

everlast75 wrote: »
    It'll be hard for any moment to top this in thess hearings.....

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1194711130956058626?s=19

That was brilliant!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement