Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

RIGOLO wrote: »
    The anti-Trumpers always roll that out when they come face to face with their own hypocrisy.

15 years we have known about Epstein , the bulk of it under a Democratic Party led regime and a main stream media liberal left bias ..... BUT we are only allowed talk about the period that began in Nov 2016

Another poster below raises the question of $24 trillion in US debt.. but the anti-Trumpers will only allow a discusiion of the 2.4 Trillion (a good portion of which was interest on Obamas debt) thats been added under he Trump administration.

as someone astute once said ..

HYPOCRISY IS THE HOMAGE VICE PAYS TO VIRTUE .

Yes, his crimes go back a long time. Epstein was previously given a sweet heart plea deal by Trump's current labour secretary.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Yes really. You've posted god knows how many press releases harping on about the stock market and when challenged you go off to wherever compiles these statistics and splurge them at this forum to avoid answering questions.

Your game is obvious.

incorrect..

the statistics are the answer to your question .

only an anti-Trumper would run and hide from a economic number thats laying out clearly the positive economic effects of the Trump administration

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

The anti-Trumpers always roll that out when they come face to face with their own hypocrisy.

15 years we have known about Epstein , the bulk of it under a Democratic Party led regime and a main stream media liberal left bias ..... BUT we are only allowed talk about the period that began in Nov 2016

Another poster below raises the question of $24 trillion in US debt.. but the anti-Trumpers will only allow a discusiion of the 2.4 Trillion (a good portion of which was interest on Obamas debt) thats been added under he Trump administration.

as someone astute once said ..

HYPOCRISY IS THE HOMAGE VICE PAYS TO VIRTUE .

your constant relentless attempts to deflect from trump are so boring.
    Genuinely boring. And transparent af. You’re not convincing anyone of anything by doing it and it’s really rather pathetic. That you can’t respond and answer posts but instead calling everyone a liberal lefty anti trump. So childish

Nobody here is anti trump. That’s a construct of your own imagination.
    It’s not anti trump to discuss the constantly appalling performance of the man.
    He provides the ammunition himself. The whole world is watching and talking about it.
    You’re on a lose lose here I’m afraid

MrFresh wrote: »
    Yes, his crimes go back a long time. Epstein was previously given a sweet heart plea deal by Trump's current labour secretary.

with Bob Muller as head of the FBI ...
    Bob the friend of the Democrats ...

If anti-Trumpers are comfortable that the Democratic party, the Democratic supporters, the main stream left biased media, the Clinton foundation and many many other Democratic connected powerbrokers sat on this story of Epstein for 15 years.. the anti-Trumpers have reached a new low .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If anti-Trumpers are comfortable that the Democratic party, the Democratic supporters, the main stream left biased media, the Clinton foundation and many many other Democratic connected powerbrokers sat on this story of Epstein for 15 years.. the anti-Trumpers have reached a new low .

Bob Mueller is a Republican ffs.

Trump sees paranoia everywhere he goes. Apparently its a trait shared by his supporters.

The FBI prosecutes. Acosta gave him the sweetheart deal. Mueller had no say whatsoever in relation to the deal.

Deflection again.

• Advertisement

Going to be serious egg on faces when trump is revealed to be involved with this.

Oh wait. There’s already a rape allegation directly related to it.

Any comment Rigolo?

your constant relentless attempts to deflect from trump are so boring.
    Genuinely boring. And transparent af. You’re not convincing anyone of anything by doing it and it’s really rather pathetic. That you can’t respond and answer posts but instead calling everyone a liberal lefty anti trump. So childish

Nobody here is anti trump. That’s a construct of your own imagination.
    It’s not anti trump to discuss the constantly appalling performance of the man.
    He provides the ammunition himself. The whole world is watching and talking about it.
    You’re on a lose lose here I’m afraid

you say appalling performance ..

I say
    stock market record highs
    Record low unemployment for blacks and hispanics
    Progress on Korean peninsula
    Above 3% GDP
    Record employment
    Pulling out of Syria
    Record domestic oil production
    Passed crime reform largely helping black youths
    3 SOTUS picks (soon to be 3)
    Buisnees Optimism index hitting record highs
    Food Stamps recipients falling
    Small business startups booming
    Small business regulations reduced
    US Manufacturing optimism and openings on the up

its a free country , your entitled to think all that is appalling .

I think its far from appalling.

American voters get to decide in 202 if they agree with you or me .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

MrFresh wrote: »

Is that the same labour secretary that Trump nominated and only yesterday felt bad for?

You're literally defending a person accused of multiple child rapes and you have the audacity to accuse others of reaching a new low? I'm happy for them to throw any child rapist in jail, no matter their political affiliation. You bring up Bob Mueller. Does the FBI generally get involved in arranging plea deals or do the prosecutors?

incorrect..

the statistics are the answer to your question .

only an anti-Trumper would run and hide from a economic number thats laying out clearly the positive economic effects of the Trump administration

But why can't Trump improve the stock market and jobs numbers as much as Obama managed it?

You keep telling us how awesome a job He is doing but the market seems to think that He's not doing as good a job as Obama who you claim was terrible.

• Advertisement

I say

The stock market will always have record highs over the long term. That's why pensions get invested there. Every president sees record highs.

Growth is more important which is flat compared to the tremendous growth that Obama created over the same period. In fact Obama was able to grow it at over twice the rate of Trump. Obama's growth makes Trump's look flat and uninspiring.

I even have a picture:

comparison_trump_obama.png?resize=556

Take a look at those curves. Notice how much bigger the number is for Obama after 2 and a half years. He grew people's pensions by over 60%.

Now look at Trump's. His number is much smaller at 20-odd percent. It's positively flaccid and that while that kind of performance would ok for a pension, it's just disappointing after Obama's growth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

I say
    Record low unemployment for blacks and hispanics
    Progress on Korean peninsula
    Above 3% GDP
    Record employment
    Pulling out of Syria
    Record domestic oil production
    Passed crime reform largely helping black youths
    3 SOTUS picks (soon to be 3)
    Buisnees Optimism index hitting record highs
    Food Stamps recipients falling
    Small business startups booming
    Small business regulations reduced
    US Manufacturing optimism and openings on the up

its a free country , your entitled to think all that is appalling .

I think its far from appalling.

American voters get to decide in 202 if they agree with you or me .

Just nonsense. Soundbites, most of which are provably lies, ie. imprisoned black youths, food stamps, manufacturing "optimism", all total lies.

As for Korean "progress", if that means a cessation of weapons testing, it's a lie. If that means the cessation of abhorrent treatment of North Koreans, that's a lie. If that means the ending of concentration camps, that's a lie. If that means the continuing direction of all wealth to Kim Jung Un and the continuing poverty of North Koreans, that's a lie. If that means the reduction of the leader of the USA to the unelected dictator of North Korea, that's a win.

Trump's praise of the North Korean border was something else. Trump, of course, missing the fact that the North Korean border is to stop those poor bastards leaving North Korea, not entering.

PS - I thought quoting a load of lies in this forum was against the charter:
    Please do not present an opinion as "fact" - it only leads to flaming and a poster/moderator may demand further evidence. When offering fact, please offer relevant linkage, or at least source. If you do not do this upon posting, then please be willing to do so on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

B0jangles wrote: »
    Attack, deflect, ignore, move on to the next talking point..

That's all there is - no real discussion, no nuance. There is no point in engaging with that poster.

A fact that surely at this point, I mean we are not talking about a small sample size of posts/time here, does not need any further proof?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I clearly said the appalling performance of the man. He’s an utterly appalling human being. An embarrassment to our entire species and a stain on America and the presidency.

Rigolo in reply posts a press release of some stock market nonsense.

I clearly said the appalling performance of the man. He’s an utterly appalling human being. An embarrassment to our entire species and a stain on America and the presidency.

Rigolo in reply posts a press release of some stock market nonsense.

I posted evidence Trump raped children and a member of his current cabinet helped sweep it under the rug and I got "Bob Mueller"

The trump effect is worrying.
    His supporters show all the signs of cult like behaviour.

It should be called the Michael Jackson effect.
    Fans completely unwilling to accept the obvious despite all the evidence on display.

Worse in this case, trump supporters can’t and won’t even address points raised.
    Deflect ignore and derail seems to be the MO

I bore my wife with Trump endlessly, particularly telling her that things are reaching a head.

But each week is worse than the last.

This coming week in order of severity:

1. Mueller testifying **publicly** on Wednesday
    2. Epstein's case is tip of the iceberg. So many involved. Ongoing.
    3. SDNY releasing Trump tax records immediately.

Also, reported sexual abuse of underage immigrant girls at border witnessed by dozens. Theresa May installing a new US Ambassador ahead of the new PM. Plus a tidal wave of disapproval of Johnson becoming PM following Trump's abuse of Darroch and May.

Just another horrid, embarrassing week in the life of the USA. The UK are in a truly terrible position now with their dismissal of the EU coinciding with the instability in the US. Their economy will nosedive at the 31st of October deadline, with agricultural exports killed in week one, Northern Ireland being worst hit. They have no choice to avoid economic disaster than to beg for another postponement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That is exactly what they are, brainwashed into cultish worship of the leader. It's why you feel sorry for them more than are angered by them.

The worse attempts they have to make to defend, deflect, attack all enemies of the leader etc only deepens the sadness when you really think about it.

Imagine being that devoid of critical thinking ability, imagine having to argue how up is down one day and then on the leaders whim have to argue the opposite.

It's just sad, it's why they have my pity.y anger would be reserved for the con man, pity the conned.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

The trump effect is worrying.
    His supporters show all the signs of cult like behaviour.

It should be called the Michael Jackson effect.
    Fans completely unwilling to accept the obvious despite all the evidence on display.

Worse in this case, trump supporters can’t and won’t even address points raised.
    Deflect ignore and derail seems to be the MO

It's not that difficult to explain. Social Media has portrayed politicians as sports teams. Those who would never voted now vote for their team. Facebook had a "I've voted" badge for the 2016 elections.

These are uneducated people who have not read a single policy. They vote as of they are confirming their identity. They are stupid.

They are about 35%. Just get everyone else who can vote, to vote. It happened last year. it will happen next year. Kamala Harris will do it.

You could argue that 35% of Americans need a decent education system, but Mitch McConnell won't be arranging that anytime soon.

That is exactly what they are, brainwashed into cultish worship of the leader. It's why you feel sorry for them more than are angered by them.

The worse attempts they have to make to defend, deflect, attack all enemies of the leader etc only deepens the sadness when you really think about it.

Imagine being that devoid of critical thinking ability, imagine having to argue how up is down one day and then on the leaders whim have to argue the opposite.

It's just sad, it's why they have my pity.y anger would be reserved for the con man, pity the conned.

The relentless robotic repetitive nature of a lot of them in the posting says to me it’s probably some guy in the IRA in Russia. See the same style of posting and same cut and paste Trump ‘achievements’ on several forums I’m on

It’s too similar and far too frequent to be coincidental. Your average genuine trump supporter usually resorts to insults and ‘libtard’ type language pretty quickly. Within a post or two.

• Advertisement

If Hitler had a 24 hour tv most-watched channel broadcasting all over Europe, we'd all be speaking german now.

Fox News was always the bit that was missing.

You watch Hannity or Carlson for 5 minutes, you will think "who the hell would believe this?"

But if you are stupid and watch it every night, you will believe nothing else.

By the way, this is not unique to the US. There are swathes of UK citizens who will support Johnson because he said Muslim women look like pillarboxes.

This is where we are now. Populism, lowest common denominator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Fascinating that people will defend him no matter what. If it walks like a rapist and talks like a rapist...Rigolo, you have a sister, wife, mother (delete as appropriate), how can you fight his corner day after day? Aren't there more worthy fights you could devote yourself to?

Not expecting an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Fascinating that people will defend him no matter what. If it walks like a rapist and talks like a rapist...Rigolo, you have a sister, wife, mother (delete as appropriate), how can you fight his corner day after day? Aren't there more worthy fights you could devote yourself to?

Not expecting an answer.

This is from back in January. Well worth a listen. Reveals some shocking stuff that you’re probnsly going to see come out officially

Jeffrey Epstein made a name for himself as a mysterious money manager with friends in very high places, from Bill Clinton to Donald Trump, British royalty and more. His firm refused to do business with anyone worth less than one billion dollars, and Epstein traveled the globe, often throwing exclusive parties on his own private island. Yet this jet-setting money whiz was also dogged by rumors -- rumors of ongoing sexual abuse with multiple victims. At least some of these rumors turned out to be true. Any other person would have spent years in jail ...so why is Jeffrey Epstein walking free today? Tune in to learn more.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/stuff-they-dont-want-you-to-know/id732915228?i=1000427009614

Not expecting an answer.

Rigolo doesn't care because it makes him feel big. That's all there is to it. You may have a better job, income, family, lifestyle than him, but Trump annoys you and that makes him feel big.

That's it. That's the mystery unravelled. A bunch of weak, white men with fat white girlfriends in ****ty jobs support Trump. That's it. It is no mystery. It gives them an identity. The red hat, it makes them feel like they are something, rather than nothing. They are nothing, but at a Trump Rally, they are everything.

If you gave them a KFC bucket with every Democrat vote, they'd vote Democrat every time. Democrats would never do that. Trump promises them a wall paid for by Mexico, more unlikely than a KFC bucket, and they que up to vote for him. They are the worst of the worst, dumb deplorables. Rednecks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I'm not going to play your silly game of arbitrary and isolated statistics just so that you can avoid facing up to the fact that the markets and jobs numbers improved more during Obama's first two years than they did Trump's.

What you're doing is the opposite of subtle.

The thing is, Rigolo has praised Trump for deregulation in the past. Deregulation during Reagan was a huge contributor to the fiscal crisis. But he regularly praises Trump's deregulation. Logic goes out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Rigolo doesn't care because it makes him feel big. That's all there is to it. You may have a better job, income, family, lifestyle than him, but Trump annoys you and that makes him feel big.

That's it. That's the mystery unravelled. A bunch of weak, white men with fat white girlfriends in ****ty jobs support Trump. That's it. It is no mystery. It gives them an identity. The red hat, it makes them feel like they are something, rather than nothing. They are nothing, but at a Trump Rally, they are everything.

If you gave them a KFC bucket with every Democrat vote, they'd vote Democrat every time. Democrats would never do that. Trump promises them a wall paid for by Mexico, more unlikely than a KFC bucket, and they que up to vote for him. They are the worst of the worst, dumb deplorables. Rednecks.

Trump is the preffered candidate for army vets, police officers, bikers, farmers and the super wealthy. Hardly groups known for being weak and in some cases having inferior lifestyles/income. The reason many dislike him is that they see him as the candidate only looking out for those who have everything and do well and preserve the status quo , your profile just doesn't make sense.

don't know why you threw in the girlfriend bit but hey sure everyone with a cuckold fetish is a democrat so sure take what you want from that.

This is my feeling on the 2020 election.

If the US people vote in a Democrat, great. Things will change for the better, healthcare, distribution of wealth, foreign relations and finally tackling climate change.

If they vote Trump in again, they're ruined for at least another four years. The EU and NATO will totally separate and form it's own military, with allies of Canada and Australia. US remaining trade partners will be those trustworthy nations of China and Russia, on their autocratic terms and the economy of the US will nosedive.

Either way, it is a good result for the rest of the world. No longer can we, nor should we, depend on the US. Mexico may built that wall to prevent the US migrants as they spill over the border. Maybe they can lock the US kids up as payback, of course they would not.

Trump is the preffered candidate for army vets, police officers, bikers, farmers and the super wealthy. Hardly groups known for being weak and in some cases having inferior lifestyles/income. The reason many dislike him is that they see him as the candidate only looking out for those who have everything and do well and preserve the status quo , your profile just doesn't make sense.

don't know why you threw in the girlfriend bit but hey sure everyone with a cuckold fetish is a democrat so sure take what you want from that.

Yeah he really looks after military vets (he really doesn’t)

And Im sorry, but bikers?
    Are they some huge job creating industry I havent yet heard about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yeah he really looks after military vets (he really doesn’t)

And Im sorry, but bikers?
    Are they some huge job creating industry I havent yet heard about?

"preffered candidate of" is not espousing his provision to said group, just where their support lies. Lets be honest every modern US president has been pretty lax on helping vet's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement