Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Overheal wrote: »
    “Our Administration”

In remarks to reporters after the hearing, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) made a brief reference to the Trump administration as “our administration,” before quickly backtracking.

“Look, Ukraine’s . . . one of the three most corrupt countries on the planet,” Jordan said. “President Trump and our administration — his administration — was checking them out.”

Mike DeBonis

With all the feedback that Don had got about the Ukraine administration & corruption in Ukraine [before the present Ukraine president was elected from outside the usual political set there] from the State Dept locals and other US sources, plus the gen on the newcomer, it's a wonder that he would need to have his personal attorney Rudy and his old friend [the ambassador to the EU] go there to see if the newcomer was from a different cut and anti-corruption.

There'd be no need after Don got that info from people on the ground to tell the new Ukraine president that he wanted him to make a public statement that he would pursue corrupt former officials and Ukraine businesses. The newcomer was doing exactly what Don told the us electorate in 2016 he would do, drain a swamp, yet Don felt it necessary to threaten the continued existence of Ukraine under the newcomer by denying it the means to protect itself from an invader. That in itself say's a lot about Don. The only reason Don allowed the Senate funding flow to Ukraine was the whistleblower who had revealed what Don was doing to the funding courtesy of his present COS [former head of OMB who had ordered it to stop the funds progress] and avoid a major problem with the senate majority. Incidentally the senate had to rush through another bill to get the funding back on track to Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Yeah, that seemed a little dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

DC Appeals court moves the Tax Return fight to the SCOTUS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/congress-can-seek-eight-years-of-trumps-tax-records-appeals-court-rules/2019/11/13/b4fc8002-fc07-11e9-8906-ab6b60de9124_story.html

Standing situation from the court ladder so far is Trump has consistently lost his appeals to fight the measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

It's possible, but I don't think so as he's branched functional area of Foreign Area Officer. Functional Areas are something you can focus on when you hit Field Grade (Which in his case would have been over a decade ago, I think). Basically, as an FA 58, he will have been focusing on a specific region for the last decade. It's possible that he chose FA58 as he's a Ukrainian and wanted to go that way, but his position on the NSC is more likely the case of the Army working as intended and finding a trained and experienced FAO who knows something about the subject matter than some random officer who happens to have a Ukrainian family.

Which reminds me, I need to put in my FA selection request soon...

Actually, he's an American. Not a Ukranian..

He was born in Ukraine but has been a US Patriot laying his own life down (rather than arranging for others to/ for / on behalf of one's bone spurs) for long enough to have actually put that life at risk...

So, he's not a Ukranian! Can we agree on that?

• Advertisement

DC Appeals court moves the Tax Return fight to the SCOTUS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/congress-can-seek-eight-years-of-trumps-tax-records-appeals-court-rules/2019/11/13/b4fc8002-fc07-11e9-8906-ab6b60de9124_story.html

Standing situation from the court ladder so far is Trump has consistently lost his appeals to fight the measure.

This is only IMO. That could mean a long-fingering of deciding if congress can get them or not but the USSC could well make a fast decision that the matter was not of enough import for it to decide on and refer it directly back to the appeals court for decision and get it off any recriminations from either party and the average taxpayer. A USSC decision like that could mean Don could not bring it back before the USSC in the future as it had already decided it did not merit its attention. The Appeals Court would have almost inviolate power in the matter. Don would be the only unhappy person.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I see lots of posts like this. Comparing republicans to apes or unevolved creatures. Ridiculing and denigrating Trump supporters. Always from a perceived position of intellectual or moral superiority. Sickening.

I think you probably misread the post then old buddy old pal. Pick the vomit back up there's a good lad.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

The next session of hearings could be even better, with Don presently trying to throw the two lawyers under the bus as TV lawyers. It seems Castor had been caught on video at some university lecture room passing comment on Don and his tweets in the past [in a passing reference to the idea of having Don as a client] before he got the job as GOP counsel for the hearing. If I've got it right, one of the counsellors was with the NY Southern DA's office, something that probably won't endear him to Don.

aloyisious wrote: »
    The next session of hearings could be even better, with Don presently trying to throw the two lawyers under the bus as TV lawyers. It seems Castor had been caught on video at some university lecture room passing comment on Don and his tweets in the past [in a passing reference to the idea of having Don as a client] before he got the job as GOP counsel for the hearing. If I've got it right, one of the counsellors was with the NY Southern DA's office, something that probably won't endear him to Don.

Watch the Republicans will stoop to labeling the Senate trial a "mistrial"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Attorney General Barr was asked by Trump to issue a statement that nothing illegal occurred on the call 7/25.

Barr refused. Ouch.

Not according to Barr:
    “If you’re talking about press reports that he asked me to have a news conference, the fact is, I don’t remember any such request.In fact, my recollection is that I told the White House that we would do what we would normally do and that is issue a press statement, which we did, and that was not an issue.There was no pushback on that".

But, that's the Washington Post for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

Not according to Barr:

Ahh the classic "not to my recollection" cop out

The preferred get out of jail free card

• Registered Users Posts: 19,601 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Not according to Barr:

And we all know Barr is on the level.

Fond memories of the "No Collusion, No Obstruction" press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump didn't remember the July 26th call with Sondland either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

Not according to Barr:

They know more than the people involved can remember? I say that is pretty good going really.

This administration seems to be getting awful forgetful as of late. Some might say tactically so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭amandstu

Are there no penalties for outing the whistleblower?

Can he at least sue them?

Should be entitled to millions ....

I suppose they might plead that they have forgotten his /her name anyway(some nobody)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Allegedly Trump wanted undocumented migrants sent to Guantanamo according advance excerpts in a new book from a reported anonymous advisor inside the WH
    When his proposed solution of labelling all undocumented migrants “enemy combatants” began to circulate around the administration, it provoked astonishment and mortification, the author writes.
    “Are you ****ing kidding me? This is completely bat****,” an unnamed state department official is quoted as saying.
    Trump signed an executive order to keep Guantánamo Bay open as a prison camp in January 2018, reversing Barack Obama’s policy of closing it. Earlier this year it was reported that at the height of the detention crunch over unaccompanied minors crossing the southern border, Department of Homeland Security officials explored the possibility of sending some migrant children to Guantánamo.
    But A Warning suggests that Trump wanted to go much further, applying the “enemy combatant” label to all undocumented migrants as deterrence.
    The author says the wild idea was quickly and quietly opposed: “Before the president could make a public case for the concept, officials quashed it.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/13/trump-proposed-sending-undocumented-migrants-to-guantanamo-anonymous-book-claims

2nd day of CNN covering the impeachment hearings. Wolf Blitzer interviewing K-A Conway live in CNN studio. It's interesting. Her position to Wolf on Don and Ukraine is basic: why would Don have people asking the Ukrainians for an investigation into things going on there.... The response question is obvious; Rudy and the US EU Ambassador presence and activities in Ukraine.

Re the senate funding when Wolf asked her about the senate funding to Ukraine to buy US weapons and how GOP senate members asked Don what was going on with the with-held funds, K-A's reply: they got the funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Ihatewhahabies

Isn't a coup one of those things where someone takes power for themselves? Has there ever been a coup where one party removes a leader and replaces him not with one of their own but with someone from the opposing party? Even ignoring the fact that this constitutional process being called a coup is stupid on it's own, it makes no sense that attempting to install President Pence could even be remotely compared to a coup. How does that even make sense? Did you even give this the slightest bit of thought before you decided to adopt that word after your dear leader did so?

I believe that there is really only one major party in America that is the War party. War is always good for the US. The only consistent policy from the US for past 70 years...possibly more.

For example Bolivia today. There was a coup IMO but no obvious candidate to take over.

If war can not be achieved then chaos is next best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I see that Don Jrs book has hit the #1 spot in the (failing) NY Times list.

However, there is an asterisk beside it on the list which notes that numerous sellers reported bulk purchases.

Nothing fishy in that at all. It's the only book on the list that has that note attached. Wonder is some more taxpayer money getting funnelled in to protect the Trump family ego

Not according to Barr:

So Barr denies a negative report that was corroborated by multiple sources. Shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

When American democracy finally gets the death cert it has needed for a few years now, I hope the cause of death listed is 'lack of pizzazz' .

And trump supporters complain that people look down on them. Amazing.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1195023685012393986?s=19

This is going to put a lot of pressure on Sondland to get his facts straight. He's already had a "correction" allowed.

The statute of limitations is 5 years on perjury. There might be an AG, Democrat or Republican who might prosecute in place.

JFC.
    This doesn't include repeats!!!!

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1195034143064829958?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“Top border official admits the Trump administration has built ZERO new sections of border wall one year before the election as he defends his 'acting' title”

Promises made.....oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

“Top border official admits the Trump administration has built ZERO new sections of border wall one year before the election as he defends his 'acting' title”

Promises made.....oh!

Got another source than the Daily Mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Igotadose wrote: »
    Got another source than the Daily Mail?

Erm, The White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Staggering.

• Advertisement

Prepare for the Triggering

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/bill-clinton-calls-into-cnn-hits-trump-for-inaction-on-guns-after-latest-shooting-you-got-hired-to-do-a-job/

Bill Clinton called into CNN to blast Trump for not acting on gun control.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement