Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Any idea if Stone will face jail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Any idea if Stone will face jail ?

20 years being quoted

Will he turn on trump ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

duploelabs wrote:
    Roger Stone been found guilty in all 7 counts

Will he see the inside of a cell?

duploelabs wrote: »
    20 years being quoted

White and non violent crime.... I can’t imagine more then a year.... deserves 20 years for a life time of bad deeds

• Advertisement

White and non violent crime.... I can’t imagine more then a year.... deserves 20 years for a life time of bad deeds
    Threatening a witness is a violent crime.
    Consecutively it would be 50 years, concurrently it'll be 20.

Bet he's fearing being in Epstein's cell

Everyone who touches Trump goes to jail ! How are people thinking being loyal and risking everything for this man is a good idea !

duploelabs wrote: »
    Threatening a witness is a violent crime.
    Consecutively it would be 50 years, concurrently it'll be 20.

Bet he's fearing being in Epstein's cell

He is old... he should just give trump up.....he has a wife and dogs.. he needs to think of them... and isn’t he broke ??? Might have to watch that stone documentary again

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

It's absolutely fantastic entertainment. Anything that HBO, Netflix and so on have produced isn't a patch to the complicated web that Trump weaves.

The best bit of advice that anyone could give Trump is to take away his Twitter access. But he's so incensed that he can't do whatever he wants as president, that he's such a snowflake to criticism, that he indulges constantly in self incriminating tweets.

All those folk he has fired and ridiculed have rather a large axe to grind and now is the perfect time.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He is old... he should just give trump up.....he has a wife and dogs.. he needs to think of them... and isn’t he broke ??? Might have to watch that stone documentary again

No, Stone has romanticized himself as some “hard man” that isn’t a “rat”

If these are federal charges Trump could pardon him or commute his sentence, but boy would it ever be political suicide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Will he turn on trump ?

And risk a pardon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I hadn't heard that he published a photo of the judge hearing the case, after he had been ordered by the judge NOT to publish anything connected with the trial.

"NEW: federal prosecutors in New York are investigating whether Rudy Giuliani stood to personally profit from a Ukrainian natural-gas business pushed Parnas and Fruman"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

If Schiff felt Trump's tweet was "witness intimidation" - then why did he read it to her? think-37.png

aloyisious wrote: »
    I hadn't heard that he published a photo of the judge hearing the case, after he had been ordered by the judge NOT to publish anything connected with the trial.

Oh yeah. He’s an edge lord. Well, more than that, he doesn’t mind starting off the edge sometimes. Just got swept under all the other absurd news.

Nunes is awful.... all these republicans are awful at questioning... they seem so disingenuous... at least Lindsay Ghrame had some drama too his performances in the Kavanagh trial

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If Schiff felt Trump's tweet was "witness intimidation" - then why did he read it to her? think-37.png

To make the point!

On TV and in congress.

Trump messed up badly and handed this to Schiff on a plate.

Nunes is awful.... all these republicans are awful at questioning... they seem so disingenuous... at least Lindsay Ghrame had some drama too his performances in Kavanagh trial

Yeah, I'm looking forward to him saying in his best southern accent 'Now I'm no big shot nuuuuu yakkkk lawyer.....' whilst flexing his braces

Now who’s being farcical?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He really doesn’t want these tax returns to get out does he? I bet they’re juicy I can’t wait to read them

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    He really doesn’t want these tax returns to get out does he? I bet they’re juicy I can’t wait to read them

That he’s a con, worth less than half a billion. That’s being generous.

Who is this Steve Castor guy and why are his questions useless? Literally nothing to do with Trump.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Who is this Steve Castor guy and why are his questions useless? Literally nothing to do with Trump.

This is kind of boring.

Is this Trump's impeachment inquiry or an inquiry into Ukranian corruption?

Castor’s job isn’t to inquire into any of this it’s to prosecute the Bidens.

Here’s the Whambulance now

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1195389483664990208?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Incredible stuff, never seen anything like this in US politics

This presidency is constantly surprising.

Never before has such a base criminal occupied the highest office, including Nixon. Trump's engaging in crimes in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Am I misunderstanding the GOP counsel's questions or is he suggesting that Manafort and the ousted Ukrainian President were plotting together against the Trump campaign? Is this another way of trying to get the Bidens back into the picture, thought he's only mentioned them once so far today. He's definitely trying to trip up the ambassador and get her to dirty the reputations of other ambassadors and her oft-stated mention of the State Dept policy regarding corruption by hopping to and fro in time sequences and matters.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Overheal wrote: »
    My understanding for the last set of years was the Abrams was being overproduced for the Jerbs! (jobs) and that the Pentagon has, like so many other purchases, indicated to Congress that it’s needs were somewhat less than what Congress mandated for purchase.

That is true. I suspect the Pentagon was playing a PR gamble, in order to get something else funded. The Pentagon also knew exactly what Congress correctly said: If the last remaining tank plant in the country was shuttered (Only Lima, Ohio manufactures tanks today in the US), that is a lost national capability which cannot be quickly restored. It is a national security risk.

The US is not alone in this. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, for example, has its tank plant kept artificially alive by the Japanese government for the same reason. They don't have huge requirements, and when a new tank is made, Mitsubishi could knock out the country's required couple of hundred tanks pretty quickly. Instead, production of the last tank (Type 90) was curtailed to an average of about twenty tanks a year for two decades. This resulted in the most expensive tanks in the world. Imagine the cost of keeping a production line open when you're making two tanks a month. This also resulted, however, in the line still being open so when it was time to build a new tank (Type 10), the Japanese could do it. Japan's requirements are very specific, there isn't really another tank out there which matches, they have to build locally. It may not be efficient at first glance for the taxpayer, but it does better fit national requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Overheal wrote: »
    Castor’s job isn’t to inquire into any of this it’s to prosecute the Bidens.

Here’s the Whambulance now

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1195389483664990208?s=21

What was it Trumps lawyer Dowd is alleged to have said about Trump in Woodward's new book?

"Trump is a f**king liar"

He is on record as having lied thousands of times.

But yeah. Hillary. Mueller. smh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Stefanik did awesome in the end anyway, pointing out that the state dept under the Obama administration were concerned about the possible conflict of interest, perceived or otherwise, of Hunter Biden being on the board of Burisma, and also that the Obama administration never gave defensive lethal aid to Ukraine, but the Trump administration have.

https://twitter.com/M2Madness/status/1195408464178274305

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement