Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Overheal wrote: »
    Castor’s job isn’t to inquire into any of this it’s to prosecute the Bidens.

Here’s the Whambulance now

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1195389483664990208?s=21

The man will go down as the greatest troll in human history. All his tweets are just pure poison

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

More of the "put on record" newspaper reports about the whistleblower and Schiff agreeing with his/her testifying, obviously leading towards a GOP question to the chairman; How can you agree to an unidentified person appearing and testifying here if you don't know who the person is? You have stated to this forum that you do not know who the person is. I assume they will try to move an "impeach Schiff" motion for the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Stefanik did awesome in the end anyway,

Good god no.

And what is Rep. Turner up to? If he doesnt want Y to say that it is absolutely stupid to expect the EU ambassador to deal with Ukraine, then dont ask the bloody question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Stefanik did awesome in the end anyway, pointing out that the state dept under the Obama administration were concerned about the possible conflict of interest, perceived or otherwise, of Hunter Biden being on the board of Burisma, and also that the Obama administration never gave defensive lethal aid to Ukraine, but the Trump administration have.

https://twitter.com/M2Madness/status/1195408464178274305

What has that got to do with Trump bribing Ukraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Republicans entire strategy seems to be just whataboutism... Clinton, Obama, Biden, Kerry...... it’s basically Fox News conspiracy talk..... not very effective

• Advertisement

Republicans entire strategy seems to be just whataboutism... Clinton, Obama, Biden, Kerry...... it’s basically Fox News conspiracy talk..... not very effective

To a neutral, unbiased eye it might not seem very effective but to the brainwashed Trump base they're knocking it out of the park

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to him saying in his best southern accent 'Now I'm no big shot nuuuuu yakkkk lawyer.....' whilst flexing his braces

Now I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger licked. You got any cawn? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Starting the hearing on a 4-5 hour lag

Kinda love how whisper-quiet the room is when the gavel hits and the techs switch over to the committee NC microphones. /Audiophilia

It looks like Ambassador Sondland will be firmly in the sights of the Dem Counsel next week, the way they are identifying Ambassador Taylor with Ambassador Yonanovitch and not going after Ambassador Volker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What has that got to do with Trump bribing Ukraine?

lol, when did you stop beating your wife, Sir?

I'll rephrase your question as I'm heading out for the night and don't have time for loaded nonsense:
    What has that got to do with the accusation that Trump bribed Ukraine?

Well, glad you asked ...

The fact that the Obama administration never gave Ukraine any defensive lethal aid (apart from bullet proof pillows) and the left never clutched so much as one pearl over it, shows that the faux concern being shown for Ukraine currently is sanctimonious in the extreme, and just being employed as a tool in this charade, to try and convince the public that Trump would endanger lives just so he could get "dirt" on Joe Biden .. well, Stefanik pointing this out shows that democrat narrative for what it is, disingenuous in the extreme.

Today so far is going very well for the Democrats

What does it matter. The ship of fools continues to go down as captain Trump has already long taken the first lifeboat out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Nunes is awful.... all these republicans are awful at questioning... they seem so disingenuous... at least Lindsay Ghrame had some drama too his performances in the Kavanagh trial

Nunes, Turner, Ratcliffe and that insufferable prick, 'Gym' Gordon. :mad:

After GOP Counsel Steve Castor's dismal performance on Wednesday, it looked like Nunes did not want him to do the questioning today, suggesting Stefanik do it instead. Schiff was having none of it. :D Castor was ok, still bumbled a bit but did not go all pitbull (think Jordan :rolleyes:). He was actually quite pleasant towards Marie Yovanovitch, who is a class act.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is this Trump's impeachment inquiry or an inquiry into Ukranian corruption?

As far as some of the Republicans are concerned, you'd think Obama was on trial!!

Stefanik did awesome in the end anyway, pointing out that the state dept under the Obama administration were concerned about the possible conflict of interest, perceived or otherwise, of Hunter Biden being on the board of Burisma, and also that the Obama administration never gave defensive lethal aid to Ukraine, but the Trump administration have.

https://twitter.com/M2Madness/status/1195408464178274305

She has an Obama obsession. Spent her time yesterday also talking about him.
    Performing for her audience of one. :rolleyes:

They are so obvious! They have absolutely nothing to throw at Marie Y, who is incredible, so it has to be Obama, Obama, Obama to keep the Boss happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Schiffs chair is ridiculously large. The yanks have become a parody.

I'll rephrase your question as I'm heading out for the night and don't have time for loaded nonsense:

Well, glad you asked ...

The fact that the Obama administration never gave Ukraine any defensive lethal aid (apart from bullet proof pillows) and the left never clutched so much as one pearl over it, shows that the faux concern being shown for Ukraine currently is sanctimonious in the extreme, and just being employed as a tool in this charade, to try and convince the public that Trump would endanger lives just so he could get "dirt" on Joe Biden .. well, Stefanik pointing this out shows that democrat narrative for what it is, disingenuous in the extreme.

Do you attach any relevance to the GOP senate members asking Don what was going on with his instruction to the OMB to with-hold the arms-purchase funds sent by the senate to him, or of the fact that the whistleblower blew the secret with-holding of the funds wide open forcing Don to send on the funds to Ukraine's new administration, or of the fact that the GOP-controlled senate even had to enact new legislation to get the frozen funds moving saving Don from his own actions?

Text from Politico on the matter of the funding with-holding, taking note that the funding was started by the Senate while President Obama was heading the US Admin: The explanation isn't sitting well with lawmakers on Capitol Hill, where members of both parties have pushed to increase military assistance to Ukraine and U.S. military efforts to deter Russia in Eastern Europe.
    The funds for Ukraine can't be spent while they're under review and the money expires at the September 30 end of the fiscal year. The account was originally created by defense policy legislation enacted in late 2015 to help Ukraine battle pro-Russian separatists in Crimea after Moscow annexed the region in 2014.

https://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-slow-walks-ukraine-military-aid-meant-to-contain-russia/

• Advertisement

Well, glad you asked ...

The fact that the Obama administration never gave Ukraine any defensive lethal aid (apart from bullet proof pillows) and the left never clutched so much as one pearl over it [ehhhhhh..], shows that the faux concern being shown for Ukraine currently is sanctimonious in the extreme, and just being employed as a tool in this charade, to try and convince the public that Trump would endanger lives just so he could get "dirt" on Joe Biden .. well, Stefanik pointing this out shows that democrat narrative for what it is, disingenuous in the extreme.

I'd like to point out that Republicans on Day 1 of Open Impeachment hearings, Republicans made far too big a deal about blanketgate, as a 'defense' against the casualties incurred in the 50+ days Trump withheld the aid. If you're trying to argue moral relativism, it's in the same field, but in literal terms not equal. To quote my Congressman just this afternoon:
    Well, the bottom line is that the President – not diplomats – sets foreign policy. Period.

I'll admit, I have a blindspot for "Blanketgate," if anyone has a recap of that. I only know Biden claims he 'worked' Obama to get Ukraine military aid. I don't know that he ever vetoed military aid for example?

Trump withheld aid already appropriated by Congress though, for 50+ days, without a clear explanation (classified or otherwise), executive order no., or veto, yet Trump's 'private-citizen attorney orbit' knew. That is not normal as far as I know, and I don't feel it should be.

On a final note there I don't think there's much of a limb anyone here would go out on in the contrary to say that Trump ever gave two iotas of thought to the idea that his holdup effort might probably have directly resulted in fatalities. Even, pretending he gave three or more iotas, he certainly didn't even ever pretend to give a rat's ass about them: they aren't Americans. It's a slightly nuanced character assassination introduced into the proceedings but frankly, there's truth behind the sentiment.

It’s actually is a massive chair !!! Kinda jealous....

You best remember it was probably Republicans that requisitioned those, back when they were in control (as they have been for most of the modern era) :pac:

it's for sure a big-dick thing; an utter monument to American anthropology.

That did not go well for the republicans... I say trump is fuming watching that... also kinda funny republicans calling the Russian investigation a sham the same day Stone is found guilty

That did not go well for the republicans...

Spoiler alert
    I say trump is fuming watching that...
    He already has! All day!
    also kinda funny republicans calling the Russian investigation a sham the same day Stone is found guilty

That's going to be an riot on Late Night's.

I guess, despite the last-ditch efforts of one republican to fight back against the chair's closing remarks, that last vocal showing of hands from the public speaks on how the session went. It certainly shut him down. He can put all of the blame on Don's tweets which turned sympathy on its head. The weekend is f***** for anyone working in the White House this weekend, I pity the golfballs and clubs.

The republicans post testimony conference was like a Will Ferrell movie....they sounded ridiculous....they are actually doing more harm then good... you wouldn’t see Mitch McConnell look so stupid

Umm, Sky is reporting that Russia and Ukraine will be engaged in peace-talks this weekend with Germany and France being mediators. Hope it all goes well on that actual front.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

stone-for-prison.jpg

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    Umm, Sky is reporting that Russia and Ukraine will be engaged in peace-talks this weekend with Germany and France being mediators. Hope it all goes well on that actual front.

On the US side that's an ah ****.

That's Putin swooping in while Trump has allowed himself to become utterly embroiled in his own impeachment. That's actually a national security issue, something for which there will hopefully be a rapid bipartisan reply to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement