Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

stone-for-prison.jpg

Stone actually gets to spend his Christmas 2019 at home... he is afforded this privalge because it’s a white collar crime

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/new-evidence-proves-trump-admin-lied-about-deceased-gop-operatives-role-on-census-question-court-docs/?fbclid=IwAR2tkrANSc4OR6ed6Hz4ubWflc1Qd9IIgTNZSfPCRJBXWSAVx5dKgYAEjKI

Trump Admin found to have lied in court about GOP operatives (now deceased) role in Census question fight
    Stone actually gets to spend his Christmas 2019 at home... he is afforded this privalge because it’s a white collar crime

Now I just flashbacked to Goodfellas thanks for that. :pac: That's basically it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭amandstu

David Holmes opening statement is very damning.

Says there were others at the table too.

Sondland had the phone away from his ear as it was so loud.

Could hear Trump but took no notes although he is clear on what he heard.

Did someone just put a stick on the snake in the grass? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Sondland must be looking at what happened Roger Stone today.
    Wednesday, time the to tell the full truth.

BTW, the Trump threads are remarkably quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Water John wrote: »
    Sondland must be looking at what happened Roger Stone today.
    Wednesday, time the to tell the full truth.

BTW, the Trump threads are remarkably quiet.

If anyone is going to throw some-one under the bus over the next few days, I reckon it'll be Ambassador Sondland doing it to Rudy. I reckon the ambassador will be talking to his personal criminal-law lawyer over the weekend to see how he can get himself out of this mess. If so, I reckon the advice would be to make himself incommunicado to Don & Co.

If the report of the NY Southern District is looking at Rudy's personal activities in Ukraine is true, it might incentivise Sondland to do so. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/eu-ambassador-gordon-sondland-faces-pressure-from-his-wife-to-turn-on-trump/

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/466250-diplomat-sondland-to-say-trump-directed-officials-to-work-with

• Advertisement

One thing about Mr Holmes testimony on the Sondland/Don phone conversation from Ukraine I'm curious about is whether the phone was a secure link, given the call was reportedly made out in the open with people present not in the conversation able to follow it due to Don's loud voice. If it wasn't a secure link, then anyone interested in what Don's representatives were doing there [incl the Ukraine and other Govt's] would surely be able to do the same with suitable electronic gear. WTF would Sondland be holding a conversation with Don out in the open about such a sensitive issue and then confirming to the bystanders that they had heard what they thought they had heard? The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

aloyisious wrote: »
    If anyone is going to throw some-one under the bus over the next few days, I reckon it'll be Ambassador Sondland doing it to Rudy. I reckon the ambassador will be talking to his personal criminal-law lawyer over the weekend to see how he can get himself out of this mess. If so, I reckon the advice would be to make himself incommunicado to Don & Co.

If the report of the NY Southern District is looking at Rudy's personal activities in Ukraine is true, it might incentivise Sondland to do so. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/eu-ambassador-gordon-sondland-faces-pressure-from-his-wife-to-turn-on-trump/

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/466250-diplomat-sondland-to-say-trump-directed-officials-to-work-with

I can’t believe more people didn’t kick up a fuss about trumps private legal counsel getting directly involved in government business in Ukraine and elsewhere. If Obama did that he would’ve been impeached by the gop for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

One thing about Mr Holmes testimony on the Sondland/Don phone conversation from Ukraine I'm curious about is whether the phone was a secure link, given the call was reportedly made out in the open with people present not in the conversation able to follow it due to Don's loud voice. If it wasn't a secure link, then anyone interested in what Don's representatives were doing there [incl the Ukraine and other Govt's] would surely be able to do the same with suitable electronic gear. WTF would Sondland be holding a conversation with Don out in the open about such a sensitive issue and then confirming to the bystanders that they had heard what they thought they had heard? The mind boggles.

I'm confident that *lots* of people heard that call. Spy services everywhere have it I'm sure. Ukranians. Russians. European. Heck I expect the CIA's got it somewhere.

Trump's inclination to hire 'the best people' sure is paying off for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Igotadose wrote: »
    I'm confident that *lots* of people heard that call. Spy services everywhere have it I'm sure. Ukranians. Russians. European. Heck I expect the CIA's got it somewhere.

Hiring Sondlond *did* pay off for him, specifically the $1,000,000 contribution he paid to Trump's campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Thank goodness for that Trump tweet yesterday - it was going to be a very boring week otherwise.

• Advertisement

Umm, Sky is reporting that Russia and Ukraine will be engaged in peace-talks this weekend with Germany and France being mediators. Hope it all goes well on that actual front.

Me too, but any rational person can see that Trump has severely compromised Ukraine's bargaining position as he continues to embolden, defend and encourage Putin.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it here, but JFC - Trump live tweeting slating a witness while she is giving evidence is beyond ****ing disgraceful. Putting aside the "she's going to be going through some things" comment, which she reasonably found to be a threat when she found out about it, here is a clear example of witness intimidation - live, as she gave evidence.

Trump is a despicable bully and i truly hope the Republicans are completely exhausted and demoralised trying to change their tactics and move goalposts trying to defend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I have to laugh at George Conway just burning the GOP on things they are complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

everlast75 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has mentioned it here, but JFC - Trump live tweeting slating a witness

She didn't witness anything, just another democratic supporter trying to pave the way for Hillary's second run.
    Any rational person can see what a clown show this is they have nothing impeachable and if they had a look at history they'd know no president had been impeached ever so this lamest of attempts won't bring down a president either.
    Look at the adverts Trump is rolling out. Those rational people you speak of are enemies of the state.

She didn't witness anything, just another democratic supporter trying to pave the way for Hillary's second run.
    Any rational person can see what a clown show this is they have nothing impeachable and if they had a look at history they'd know no president had been impeached ever so this lamest of attempts won't bring down a president either.
    Look at the adverts Trump is rolling out. Those rational people you speak of are enemies of the state.

She is a witness as to fact. Have you a clue how these things work?

Try putting up something other than embarrassing posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

In what alternate universe does the above post even resemble anything that remotely makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

abff wrote: »
    In what alternate universe does the above post even resemble anything that remotely makes sense?

4chan I'd imagine

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So what are you going to say when the first hand witness testifies?
    The “Democrat” who donated 1 million to the trump Campaign?

Any rational person can see what a clown show Trump is rolling out.

The above part of your post I agree with. Any rational person in the GOP would be thinking "we'll have to de better next time", Ronald for President, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So what are you going to say when the first hand witness testifies?
    The “Democrat” who donated 1 million to the trump Campaign?

Deep state Obama holdovers etc etc you know the drill by now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

More absolute and utter nonsense. I really can't even comprehend where people get this rubbish from. Time to turn off Breitbart News, honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Thank goodness for that Trump tweet yesterday - it was going to be a very boring week otherwise.

The strange thing is, that none of Trump, the WH, the GOP or Trump supporters seem to be able to work out for themselves, is that all of this could have been nailed on the head if Trump had simply allowed people to testify.

Barr, CoS, and released the transcripts instead of burying in the equivalent of being at
    bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.

You are also showing appreciation for witness tampering. This is the same POTUS, that when faced with Putin, sided 100% with Putin against his own country!

Igotadose wrote: »

There’s a reason most of our diplomacy back and forth is communicated over Wire.

Anyone in Ukraine can operate a Stingray, and if the country is as corrupt as im hearing they certainly do.

Oh regarding the tweet, and regarding Schiff reading it:

Number one, Schiff is the ranking chair of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. It’s not weird that he is a follower of the President’s tweets.

Number two, it’s not unusual for him to have his phone handy - everyone there did. We can hear Republican counsels phone vibrating off the hook for part of his time and we see him reading whatever notifications, calls, etc. as he’s deposing the witness.

Number three, and this is the hole in the narrative for Republicans: she was going to find the tweet as soon as the first recess was gaveled, without the interference of any committee member. As soon as she looked at a phone, or saw a television screen somewhere with a news chyron, or as soon as a friend, colleague or family member that almost certainly traveled with her to the Hill yesterday notified her of the outrage.

To repeat federal prosecutors that have already weighed in: its textbook witness tampering.

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh regarding the tweet, and regarding Schiff reading it:

Number one, Schiff is the ranking chair of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. It’s not weird that he is a follower of the President’s tweets.

Number two, it’s not unusual for him to have his phone handy - everyone there did. We can hear Republican counsels phone vibrating off the hook for part of his time and we see him reading whatever notifications, calls, etc. as he’s deposing the witness.

Number three, and this is the hole in the narrative for Republicans: she was going to find the tweet as soon as the first recess was gaveled, without the interference of any committee member. As soon as she looked at a phone, or saw a television screen somewhere with a news chyron, or as soon as a friend, colleague or family member that almost certainly traveled with her to the Hill yesterday notified her of the outrage.

To repeat federal prosecutors that have already weighed in: its textbook witness tampering.

There are even fox "news" contributiors calling it another impeachable act. Ken Starr didn't go that far but said it was a huge and damaging mistake

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-trump-border-chief-busted-trying-to-claim-new-wall-being-built-forced-to-admit-zero-new-miles/

Trump Border Chief held a press conference where he tried to assert almost 80 new-miles of barriers had been built to Trumps spec.

A reporter forced him to admit that claim was bogus and in fact 0 new-miles have yet been built.

3 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Did I hear Trump correctly this morning when talking about Adam Schiff, did he call him Shifty Schiff?
    You wouldn’t hear it in a playground never mind from the most powerful man in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Roanmore wrote: »
    Did I hear Trump correctly this morning when talking about Adam Schiff, did he call him Shifty Schiff?
    You wouldn’t hear it in a playground never mind from the most powerful man in the world.

He's like a child and has to resort to creating silly little names for anyone he believes is against him, how anyone can defend him is really beyond me. Definitely will go down in history as the worse ever president.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

He's like a child and has to resort to creating silly little names for anyone he believes is against him, how anyone can defend him is really beyond me. Definitely will go down in history as the worse ever president.

I'm inclined to agree. Not just the worst American president in history, but the worst president of anywhere, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

abff wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree. Not just the worst American president in history, but the worst president of anywhere, ever.

Don't be silly.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    This is the hole in the narrative for Republicans: she was going to find the tweet as soon as the first recess was gaveled, without the interference of any committee member. As soon as she looked at a phone, or saw a television screen somewhere with a news chyron, or as soon as a friend, colleague or family member that almost certainly traveled with her to the Hill yesterday notified her of the outrage.

Watching her testifying, I took the man and woman behind her to be family, [hubby/brother and sister] for moral support,with her lawyer seen beside her when there was a break.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement