Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

rigolo
    [ʀiɡɔlo ] (informal)
    Word forms: rigolo, rigolote
    adjective
    funny
    masculine noun/feminine noun
    1. (= personne) comic
    2. (pejorative) fraud ⧫ phoney
    Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

So far tonight I've watched Trump with a massive lump on the left side of his nose read cuecards about kidney donation. A massive lump from snorting what?

Now I am watching Acosta, with a massive red lump on the left side of his forehead, dodge his way around questions as to why he let Epstein away with paedophilia in 2008. Acosta is struggling to piece together a sentence. He looks spaced out.

This is the man who agreed that Epstein, who had sexually abused or raped dozens of underage girls, should serve this sentence, and I quote, from Wikipedia:

"18 months in prison. Instead of being sent to state prison as are the majority of sex offenders convicted in Florida, Epstein was housed in a private wing of the Palm Beach County Jail. He was able to hire his own security detail and was allowed "work release" to his downtown office for up to 12 hours a day six days a week.[25] He served 13 months before being released for a year of probation. While on probation he was allowed numerous trips on his corporate jet to his homes in Manhattan and the U.S. Virgin Islands"

Trump appointed Alexander Acosta to serve as his Secretary of Labor since 28 April, 2017. Since these allegations have come forward, with a deluge of allegations to follow, Trump has expressed sympathy with Acosta, not with the dozens of children raped by Epstein, Trump and Dershowitz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

So far tonight I've watched Trump with a massive lump on the left side of his nose read cuecards about kidney donation. A massive lump from snorting what?

Now I am watching Acosta, with a massive red lump on the left side of his forehead, dodge his way around questions as to why he let Epstein away with paedophilia in 2008. Acosta is struggling to piece together a sentence. He looks spaced out.

Maybe they’ve all been infested by aliens trying to take over the world. Burrowed up their nostrils tendrils into their tiny little brains.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

So Trump weaseled out of the Iran deal. That was good. So where are we now? Lost. Iran are building up their weapons ahead of a US attack. Well that's worked out peachy. In other news, the entire EU does not trust the US nor does Australia and they are going to form their own military.

Here's a notion for Trump - stick you bull**** military and trade deals up you ****ing orange arse.

We are all waiting for Nov 2020 to fix everything you have messed up. An orange clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Yeah he really looks after military vets (he really doesn’t)

And Im sorry, but bikers?
    Are they some huge job creating industry I havent yet heard about?

No, but bikers are patriots so they can do what they like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

This is the man who agreed that Epstein, who had sexually abused or raped dozens of underage girls, should serve this sentence, and I quote, from Wikipedia:

"18 months in prison. Instead of being sent to state prison as are the majority of sex offenders convicted in Florida, Epstein was housed in a private wing of the Palm Beach County Jail. He was able to hire his own security detail and was allowed "work release" to his downtown office for up to 12 hours a day six days a week.[25] He served 13 months before being released for a year of probation. While on probation he was allowed numerous trips on his corporate jet to his homes in Manhattan and the U.S. Virgin Islands"

Trump appointed Alexander Acosta to serve as his Secretary of Labor since 28 April, 2017. Since these allegations have come forward, with a deluge of allegations to follow, Trump has expressed sympathy with Acosta, not with the dozens of children raped by Epstein, Trump and Dershowitz.
    I wouldn't even mind that deal if it came with convictions for dozens of others. It seems to have come with nothing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,335 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The details of the Acosta deal are quite shocking. Also at state level where the police evidence of 36 girls telling the same story was not going to be used.

Acosta looks toast. Trump has forced him to go public and own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

don't know why you threw in the girlfriend bit but hey sure everyone with a cuckold fetish is a democrat so sure take what you want from that.

Roger Stone is a democrat?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

If the US people vote in a Democrat, great. Things will change for the better, healthcare, distribution of wealth, foreign relations and finally tackling climate change.

You're talking about the Democrats?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

MrFresh wrote: »
    I wouldn't even mind that deal if it came with convictions for dozens of others. It seems to have come with nothing though.

The deal whereby he got to be housed in his own private jail, and let out every day, is appalling. It reminds me of how Pablo Escobar and his henchmen got to live in their own jail in Co!ombia and live in relative luxury, and that was considered obscene by the US Government.

I hope that the latest efforts by SDNY will produce a more just outcome, as Epstein's victims need to see justice done. Also, any/all others involved as aiders/abetters, participants, procurers or whatever need to get some serious jail time, regardless of their power, wealth and status.

If Maxwell can be flipped, a whole house of cards could fall. A!so, the trove of photos and other evidence secured by the search at the weekend ought to have lots of the possible participants very worried.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

In my opinions, media is not backing Trump because the deep state of America doesn't like him. I know he is a little strange but I like him because he is not a hypocrate. Previous presidents also made blenders in their ruling period but media wasn't as against as they are for Trump.
    Not a hypocrite?

Here you go, literally hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of examples: https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/

After the last few years, it's not even remotely hyperbolic to say he might be the single most hypocritical person I have ever seen in my life.

Ps. Golf.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Water John wrote: »
    The details of the Acosta deal are quite shocking. Also at state level where the police evidence of 36 girls telling the same story was not going to be used.

Acosta looks toast. Trump has forced him to go public and own it.

The details didnt seem to bother Bob Mueller head of the FBI at the time.
    The details didnt seem to bother the Democratic Party at the time.
    The details didnt seem to bother the main stream media at the time.

I wonder was it because Epstein was a mega donor to the Democratic Party and The Clinton Foundation and also a friend of Bill.

An all Bob Muller wanted todo was do a stitch up job on Trump and then retire a hero of the left.
    Now hes back in the limelight , testifying before congress in a few weeks, heres hoping someone does a segway to ask him questions on why he signed off on this deal for Epstein the Democratic megadonor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,273 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

RIGOLO wrote:
    An all Bob Muller wanted todo was do a stitch up job on Trump and then retire a hero of the left. Now hes back in the limelight , testifying before congress in a few weeks, heres hoping someone does a segway to ask him questions on why he signed off on this deal for Epstein the Democratic megadonor.

The Democratic party, The Clinton's and the left, I might see your problem here!

This is my feeling on the 2020 election.

If the US people vote in a Democrat, great. Things will change for the better, healthcare, distribution of wealth, foreign relations and finally tackling climate change.

If they vote Trump in again, they're ruined for at least another four years. The EU and NATO will totally separate and form it's own military, with allies of Canada and Australia. US remaining trade partners will be those trustworthy nations of China and Russia, on their autocratic terms and the economy of the US will nosedive.

Either way, it is a good result for the rest of the world. No longer can we, nor should we, depend on the US. Mexico may built that wall to prevent the US migrants as they spill over the border. Maybe they can lock the US kids up as payback, of course they would not.
    So you think Mexico will be building a wall to stop immigrants fleeing America, and US kids will be locked up in Mexico if TRump is re-elected.
    Thats an interesting viewpoint , a position I havent heard put forward before ...but I dont really know what to say on it.

So Obama Administration injected 30billion a month for 8 years into Wall Street, adding close to 4 trillion to the FEd balance sheet.
    Meanwhile the Obama Administration with Fed cooperation held interest rates at 0% punishing middle class savers.

It certainly was a distribution of wealth.
    As some call it the greatest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich.

Now some anti-TRumpers people will call 4 TRILLION .. nonsense.. personally I think its important as its $4TRILLION DOLLARS.

Rigolo in reply posts a press release of some stock market nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Now hes back in the limelight , testifying before congress in a few weeks, heres hoping someone does a segway to ask him questions on why he signed off on this deal for Epstein the Democratic megadonor.

The hearing is about the 100 plus contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia, how Russia interfered in the election, aided and abetted by Trump who defended them publicly and consistently, about the 10 incidents of obstruction of Justice by Trump.

By all means, have a hearing on Epstein, but you or no one else is using the tried and tested distraction exercise to avoid scrutiny of Trump's conduct in 2016 and since on July 17th.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The Democratic party, The Clinton's and the left, I might see your problem here!

When it comes to child sex trafficing its quite clear the left, The Clintons and The Democratic Paty and the main stream media had little issue with Epstein a DNC mega donor for well over a decade.

There is blood is on their hands.

I have no problem.

everlast75 wrote: »
    The hearing is about the 100 plus contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia, how Russia interfered in the election, aided and abetted by Trump who defended them publicly and consistently, about the 10 incidents of obstruction of Justice by Trump.

By all means, have a hearing on Epstein, but you or no one else is using the tried and tested distraction exercise to avoid scrutiny of Trump's conduct in 2016 and since on July 17th.

Did you not hear.
    They had an inquiry, 2 years and 30 million spent.
    No charges brought.
    a nothing burger
    end of
    .....unless your a russia4eva devotee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I wonder was it because Epstein was a mega donor to the Democratic Party and The Clinton Foundation and also a friend of Bill.

An all Bob Muller wanted todo was do a stitch up job on Trump and then retire a hero of the left.

I see the references to the children/girls as underage women, sex with minors and non-consensual sex as dodges to get past the proper use of rape to describe the actions of the male adult persons involved in sex with the victims. As for those who knew, those with knowledge of the acts are essentially guilty of coverup of rape and criminal acts.

Accusing others formerly in lower office of inaction to protect the favoured one is a clear attempt to change the issue from Don's responsibility for his inactions. He's the gent the buck stops with for the past few years. If Don had knowledge of Epstein's sexual acts with "underage" women and did nothing to stop it, what say you to a charge of co-conspiracy against Don?

aloyisious wrote: »
    I see the references to the children/girls as underage women, sex with minors and non-consensual sex as dodges to get past the proper use of rape to describe the actions of the male adult persons involved in sex with the victims. As for those who knew, those with knowledge of the acts are essentially guilty of coverup of rape and criminal acts.

Accusing others formerly in lower office of inaction to protect the favoured one is a clear attempt to change the issue from Don's responsibility for his inactions. He's the gent the buck stops with for the past few years.

Bill Clinton was an ex President of the USA...
    Hilary Clinton is an ex Secretary of State..
    Bob Mueller was ex head of the FBI ...
    The Democratic PArty is .. well The Democratic Party
    The main stream media is one of the most powerful forces known to the modern world

are you sure you want to be saying Im accussing "others formerly in lower office "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Did you not hear.
    No charges brought.
    a nothing burger
    end of

Irregardless of what charges could not be brought against Trump due to the fact that a sitting president cannot be indicted, or the amount of convictions for Trump's inner circle, how do you square it when much much more was spent on Trump's golf trips than the Mueller report?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,380 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Did you not hear.
    No charges brought.
    a nothing burger
    end of

Hang on.

So if charges are brought, its a witch hunt.

If charges aren't brought, its a nothing burger?

I would dearly love for a Trump supporter to come on here and enter into a factual debate so that others might understand their point of view. I don't like that most here believe (and correctly) that Trump is an incompetent, bigoted fool. I would like to be challenged on points I am making.

But unfortunately it such people are few and far between, and you are not one of them.

I know that you just pick up your talking points from the crazy end of the internet and just post them here without really thinking them through because even by your standards, that post was very stupid.

Why would the FBI even have a role in the deal between Epstein and the US attorney? The FBI investigates. They don't handle the prosecutions or the plea deals. That's for federal prosecutors. It's similar to here where an garda investigates and the DPP prosecutes. It works like that in a lot of jurisdictions.

And by all accounts, the FBI did its job because there was so much evidence gathered. But it was all for nothing when Trump's current labour secretary let him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Again I ask, what power does the FBI have in the plea bargain process?

Hang on.

I would dearly love for a Trump supporter to come on here and enter into a factual debate so that others might understand their point of view. I don't like that most here believe (and correctly) that Trump is an incompetent, bigoted fool. I would like to be challenged on points I am making.

But unfortunately it such people are few and far between, and you are not one of them.

I did challenge you ..
    in your previous post, you said ALOT about Trump, Russia, obstruction, aiding and abetting etc ..

I said they had an investigation over 2 years, hundreds of staff, millions of documents , brought no charges and pretty much exonerated Trump of direct involvement in the things you raised.

If you dont like that reality, well unfortunately its too late to change it. Te history has already been writte on that. You cant go back and change it, no matter how much you dont like it.
    The Mulller Inquiry is over, the Mueller REport is on the shelf , TRump has entered is 900 day in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Bill Clinton was an ex President of the USA...
    Hilary Clinton is an ex Secretary of State..
    Bob Mueller was ex head of the FBI ...
    The Democratic PArty is .. well The Democratic Party
    The main stream media is one of the most powerful forces known to the modern world

are you sure you want to be saying Im accussing "others formerly in lower office "

Yes. You mentioned Clinton, brought in Mueller, and now Clinton's wife.

Ref responsibility, the same can be said of the present administration and former members in office in it, incl the honourable person who was legally responsible for the actions of the head of the FBI. If one wants to throw mud, there are a lot of non-democrats around to splatter.

As for the media, if Don and the Republicans are not media-savvy, then its they who are at fault, not the media. I don't think Don and his cohorts are not media-savvy, just intent on an altogether different game, that of playing the media off against the public to destroy trust in it for Dons party line. I don't think you would argue much against my estimate of how Don is playing that game.

I know that you just pick up your talking points from the crazy end of the internet and just post them here without really thinking them through because even by your standards, that post was very stupid.

Why would the FBI even have a role in the deal between Epstein and the US attorney? The FBI investigates. They don't handle the prosecutions or the plea deals. That's for federal prosecutors. It's similar to here where an garda investigates and the DPP prosecutes. It works like that in a lot of jurisdictions.

And by all accounts, the FBI did its job because there was so much evidence gathered. But it was all for nothing when Trump's current labour secretary let him off.

Are you sure ...

History tells us that the FBI virtually walked away from this case in 2008 .. when Mueller was the head of the FBI.
    It wasnt until 11 years later under the TRump administration.. 11 YEARS it took before the FBI finally decided to raid Epsteins property.
    Hows that for Democratic Party mega-donor treatment.

Mueller has always been an in effectual entity, even in his time at the FBI .
    You would think the left realise this after 2 years waiting for his nothing burger report .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Hang on.

Why does anyone respond to this guy, let alone expect an answer from him?! He's a bot!!
    He is a foghorn that drones a message and that's it, no further intelligence or logic will ever come from that bot.
    Christ, don't reply to it!

Are you sure ...

History tells us that the FBI virtually walked away from this case in 2008 .. when Mueller was the head of the FBI.
    It wasnt until 11 years later under the TRump administration.. 11 YEARS it took before the FBI finally decided to raid Epsteins property.
    Hows that for Democratic Party mega-donor treatment.

Mueller has always been an in effectual entity, even in his time at the FBI .
    You would think the left realise this after 2 years waiting for his nothing burger report .

You haven't a clue how any of this works. It has been explained to you that the FBI doesn't make the plea deals but you are clearly incapable of understanding.

aloyisious wrote: »
    Yes. You mentioned Clinton, brought in Mueller, and now Clinton's wife.

Ref responsibility, the same can be said of the present administration and former members in office in it, incl the honourable person who was legally responsible for the actions of the head of the FBI. If one wants to throw mud, there are a lot of non-democrats around to splatter.

As for the media, if Don and the Republicans are not media-savvy, then its they who are at fault, not the media. I don't think Don and his cohorts are not media-savvy, just intent on an altogether different game, that of playing the media off against the public to destroy trust in it for Dons party line. I don't think you would argue much against my estimate of how Don is playing that game.

sometimes the media dont even need the help of TRump to show how untrustworthy and biased it is..
    Just take this weeks example of MEDIA .. HYPOCRISY and shooting itself in hte foot..

The Foreign Office has banned Russia’s RT and Sputnik news organisations from attending a global conference on media freedom in London. Sixty ministers and 1,000 journalists and members of civil society are expected to attend the meeting,

I think the Kremlins response said t perfectly ....
    The Kremlin said it regretted the decision, which it described as absurd. “There can be no conference about the freedom of the press when journalists are barred from taking part in it,” said the Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov. He mocked what he called “the absurdity of what is happening”. “We can only regret this,” he added.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jul/09/russia-rt-sputnik-barred-conference-media-freedom

• Advertisement

Why does anyone respond to this guy, let alone expect an answer from him?! He's a bot!!
    He is a foghorn that drones a message and that's it, no further intelligence or logic will ever come from that bot.
    Christ, don't reply to it!

Not a bot. Just someone who repeats every pro-trump talking point that they find on the internet without thinking in an effort to muddy the waters.

You're right about not responding. It's easier for RIGOLO to post her nonsense than it is for someone taking her at face value to refute it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement