Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Brian? wrote: »
    I’m not one for conspiracy theories; but I just read on Facebook that Trump hasn’t been seen since he was rushed to hospital on Saturday. Is this true?

Has there been any word on if any scheduled events were cancelled or postponed? Most days he doesn't seem to be seen a lot anyway, bar his rallies or inviting dictators over for a photo-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Penn wrote: »
    anyway, bar his rallies or inviting dictators over for a photo-op.

Envying them while he bitterly complains about all the trappings of democracy, like the free press, accountability, the rule of law

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Is he still tweeting? Would that give a clue as to how/where he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

volchitsa wrote: »
    Is he still tweeting? Would that give a clue as to how/where he is?

Oh he's definitely still tweeting alright. I think he can legally be declared dead if he doesn't tweet within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Oh he's definitely still tweeting alright. I think he can legally be declared dead if he doesn't tweet within 24 hours.

Tweets from 8 hours ago now look stupid and badly written so either Trump himself or someone who has got the knack of imitating him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

In Soviet times, a leader's death was usually marked by a full showing of Swan Lake on TV before an official announcement... So keep an eye out for some unusual ballet on Fox in the coming days..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Tweets from 8 hours ago now look stupid and badly written so either Trump himself or someone who has got the knack of imitating him.

It's Scavino that sends the tweets as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump judges up to games with impeachment witnesses

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/11/18/trump-friendly-judges-run-out-clock-impeachment/

Both the House and DOJ agree that Leon, one of the potential witnesses, has no basis for a lawsuit regarding being compelled to testify. Despite the agreement of the two parties the Trump judge isn’t dismissing the suit and it remains in limbo. This means that under circuit rules the same judge will be assigned other related cases by default and they can run out the clock. The judge initially had set hearings in the case deliberately past the hearing period for the impeachment inquiry.

In a similar situation a Trump judge has not scheduled proceedings regarding the TRUST act suit, the one which once settled (it’s hard to dispute, it’s fairly cut and dry) would allow Congress to request tax returns on file in New York. and that issue has been going on since June and the judge refuses to allow expedition.

Who goes to do “phase 1 of your 2nd annual physical” and doesn’t have your blood pressure at least checked? No EKG even, those being fairly heckin standard? Did he just go to have his manhood fondled I mean what were they examining him for then?

I don’t believe that Trump needed to travel outside the White House to have his cholesterol checked; his physicians can take blood samples there and have them tested without further disruption to the President. Obviously, something is not adding up.

https://twitter.com/presssec/status/1196622001982623744?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

243 pounds, notoriously bad diet, already on statins (which affect cognitive ability, btw.) And they raised his statin dose - so they don't like what they're seeing for his cholesterol numbers. Zero exercise (golfing with a golf cart doesn't count.) Incredibly stressful life, bad sleeping habits.

Basically a heart attack/stroke waiting to happen. And he's no youngster. A lot of air travel is very stressful, too.

It's why all the other Presidents are gaunt by the time their terms end, really need to stay thin to keep going. Not this guy - but he doesn't work as hard as his predecessors. Can't. Too old and fat.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Who goes to do “phase 1 of your 2nd annual physical” and doesn’t have your blood pressure at least checked? No EKG even, those being fairly heckin standard? Did he just go to have his manhood fondled I mean what were they examining him for then?

I don’t believe that Trump needed to travel outside the White House to have his cholesterol checked; his physicians can take blood samples there and have them tested without further disruption to the President. Obviously, something is not adding up.

https://twitter.com/presssec/status/1196622001982623744?s=21

Someone just as credible as Grisham has another theory. Here's the tweet from that guy who's popular with the perpetually misinformed.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1196468224424136704

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

##Mod Snip##

Please don't just dump a load of tweets .

Yep Hannity can yell all the denial he wants,

Under oath.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Someone just as credible as Grisham has another theory. Here's the tweet from that guy who's popular with the perpetually misinformed.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1196468224424136704

Food taster? Is that something that still exists?? I mean it's a cliché of medieval stories, the king getting a flunky to taste his soup, but wouldn't have thought in 2019 there'd be White House staff who tastes food. I get there's security issues but I'd have imagined it was a thing of the past. Please tell me this is just a Trump era addition, cos if any president behaved like a loutish king ...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Food taster? Is that something that still exists?? I mean it's a cliché of medieval stories, the king getting a flunky to taste his soup, but wouldn't have thought in 2019 there'd be White House staff who tastes food. I get there's security issues but I'd have imagined it was a thing of the past. Please tell me this is just a Trump era addition, cos if any president behaved like a loutish king ...

It would be interesting to see how that works. Would the food taster take a bite out of Trump's burger, wait 25 minutes and then hand it back when no symptoms show up? It's a crazy idea but infowars knows that their audience are - what's a PC term for dumb as rocks? - differently educated.

Witnesses seated, gavel banged

Witnesses seated, start of hearing imminent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POBP1uwgYDY

Volker and Morrison are on later as well in case anyone thought that Williams and Vindeman were all that there was today.

I hope Trump keeps his schedule free today so that he can watch and tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    ##Mod Snip##

Please don't just dump a load of tweets .

It is interesting that Fox News opinion programmes appear to be more and more animated.

In the first removed clip, Jannine is shouting at her own guest. In the second, Hannity is shouting at the camera and is extremely irate.

Ironic that Donny Jnr has a book out, complaining about Liberals being unduly "triggered"

Volker and Morrison are on later as well in case anyone thought that Williamson and Vindeman were all that there was today.

I hope Trump keeps his schedule free today so that he can watch and tweet.

Laura Ingraham begging Trump not to livetweet/Witness-intimidate under guise of 'lol so boring zzz'

“Now if I were Trump, I wouldn’t even talk about impeachment. I wouldn’t tweet about it, I would dignify it. It’s not an impeachment drama, it’s a comedy of Constitutional errors. You know what I would say? I would say see you in court. Or see you at the ballot box. That’s real drama. The type that could bring down the House.”

To reinforce her point, Ingraham made it again a few minutes later during her first panel segment with two Republican Congressman.

“I think you will see continuing declining ratings because this is boring television,” Rep. Andy Biggs claimed, even though ratings for days one and two of the impeachment hearings were almost the same, at roughly 13 million viewers. “Even if I were at home I would probably have it on mute.”

“I think if the president just ignored this: Does a tree fall in the forest, if nobody hears it?” Ingraham reiterated. “I just don’t think anyone cares about this. I wouldn’t do a tweet-o-rama about it, I would ignore most of the noise.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/laura-ingraham-repeatedly-urges-trump-to-ignore-impeachment-hearings-i-wouldnt-tweet-about-it-i-wouldnt-dignify-it/

Fox and Friends urged similar this morning:

“I just think overall, the president should just ignore this whole thing. Don’t tweet during it, don’t get outraged over it. It ticks you off…There’s so much for him to do, I just think let these guys like Doug Collins and company fight it out and keep it on the straight and narrow for the Republican perspective.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-to-trump-dont-tweet-during-impeachment-hearings-ignore-this-whole-thing/

So he has a pro-Trump alibi for listening to all of his lawyers and half the country screaming 'for the love of God, don't intimidate the witnesses!'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Well, not just his testimony was revised, as Sondland revises was he says to people in real time too as (apparently) he told one of Zelensky's aides that if their prosecutor could announce an investigation into Burisma-Biden, that would satisfy Trump, but then said he made a mistake and it would have to be Zelensky. Himself and Rudy seem to a touch unhinged.

Are you throwing Sondland and Rudy under the bus by indicating anything they state in their testimonies is shaky and unreliable due to their being unhinged [whatever that means]?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

“I just think overall, the president should just ignore this whole thing. Don’t tweet during it, don’t get outraged over it. It ticks you off…There’s so much for him to do,

But as we all know, what Trump actually does is watch TV about himself, tweet about it, and play golf. So having hearings about him on TV is irresistible - he is glued to the coverage. Not the boring live stuff with all the faceless nobodies that he doesn't remember, but the Fox commentary which is all about him.

Only tweet today so far

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1196791181163847682?s=20

In other news the Army is prepared to move the Vindmans to base in order to protect them should it become apparent his life is in jeopardy:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/army-reportedly-ready-to-move-vindman-family-onto-base-if-theyre-in-physical-danger-after-impeachment-testimony/

I doubt he is in trouble from any government physical threat, but rather the type of 'mountain men' that others have previously threatened would 'do what is needed'
    "If they take him [Trump] out, there's gonna be violence in America," the religious leader said. "That's all there is to it," he asserted.

"However he leaves, there's gonna be violence in America," Wiles went on. "I believe there are people in this country, veterans, there are cowboys, mountain men, I mean guys that know how to fight," he said, "and they're going to make a decision that people who did this to Donald Trump are not gonna get away with it."

"And they're gonna hunt them down," the pastor said.

https://www.newsweek.com/pastor-warns-trump-removed-cowboys-mountain-men-guys-fight-hunt-down-democrats-1467329

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

weisses wrote: »
    Since when do you want to hide the truth on a heavily encrypted server ?

Fake news. Tim Morrison testified that it was an error and had nothing to do with Trump.

image.png
    image.png
    image.png
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Fox and Friends urged similar this morning:

“I just think overall, the president should just ignore this whole thing. Don’t tweet during it, don’t get outraged over it. It ticks you off…There’s so much for him to do, I just think let these guys like Doug Collins and company fight it out and keep it on the straight and narrow for the Republican perspective.”

'

It really is extraordinary. They are literally communicating with the President, advising him through live broadcast and tweets, because they know he is watching and takes their cues/advice seriously. This never stops being surreal.

Fake news. Tim Morrison testified that it was an error and had nothing to do with Trump.

Eisenberg (WH Lawyer) "says" whatever he wants, as an excuse. "Oh, thats just some silly mistake someone else did because the Executive Secretary and 3 other people [who have sworn under oath now] had the 'mistaken impression' that I ordered it on the server? wh-haha-what? Me!? No no, noooo."

Morrison is the stormtrooper and Eisenberg is Kenobi, yes? You're trying to say the droids were never there because the stormtrooper was told the droids were never there... by Kenobi... the man understood to have directed the droids to be where they were.

Nunes, himself undertaking an editorial review of sorts of the facts surrounding the ICIG whistleblower report, takes umbrage that John Solomon's contributions are under editorial board review at The Hill...

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/devin-nunes-accuses-media-of-furiously-smearing-and-libeling-john-solomon-in-barnstorming-hearing-opener/

Counsellor Goldman following from the chair's lead on the difference between US Official Policy and the US [Trump] Administration Official Policy where it comes to involving another state [Ukraine] in investigating people [Joe Biden] who are directly involved in US politics, coincidental to the omission of the name of the Ukraine firm [Burisma] from the Trump-authorised transcripts of the Trump/Zelensky phone conversations. Good thing that Col Vindman had made written notes, noticed the omission of the firms name from the transcripts and rectified the error on his own authority and informed the NSA of it and his rectifying it.

Most secure computer data storage devices have a security access code to prevent improper/accidental usage, along with being kept in a secure location with access codes. There must have been a lot of errors to access that particular data recording device, wouldn't you think?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Eisenberg (WH Lawyer) "says" whatever he wants, as an excuse. "Oh, thats just some silly mistake someone else did because the Executive Secretary and 3 other people [who have sworn under oath now] had the 'mistaken impression' that I ordered it on the server? wh-haha-what? Me!? No no, noooo."

Morrison is the stormtrooper and Eisenberg is Kenobi, yes? You're trying to say the droids were never there because the stormtrooper was told the droids were never there... by Kenobi... the man understood to have directed the droids to be where they were.

Also - Happy to stand corrected , but as far as any information I have seen , it's still on this secure server.

If it was there by mistake, simple data management rules would surely dictate it should have been moved back to the regular servers by now??

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    Counsellor Goldman following from the chair's lead on the difference between US Official Policy and the US [Trump] Administration Official Policy where it comes to involving another state [Ukraine] in investigating people [Joe Biden] who are directly involved in US politics, coincidental to the omission of the name of the Ukraine firm [Burisma] from the Trump-authorised transcripts of the Trump/Zelensky phone conversations. Good thing that Col Vindman had made written notes, noticed the omission of the firms name from the transcripts and rectified the error on his own authority and informed the NSA of it and his rectifying it.

It's context aligns neatly with John Solomon's reporting (tying a do-not-prosecute list, Yovanovitch, and the Bidens) and the Telcon:

495639.PNG

edit: Nunes wised the **** up and didn't spend his first 10 seconds thanking the witnesses for passing the secret audition. They're already losing the chips off their shoulders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement