Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Also - Happy to stand corrected , but as far as any information I have seen , it's still on this secure server.

If it was there by mistake, simple data management rules would surely dictate it should have been moved back to the regular servers by now??

When this fact initially came to light, I asked Pete 5 times with no answer as to why that transcript was moved to that secure server, funny that we're getting this wishy washy excuse now.

So Pete, to back this up, if it was moved by mistake, why is still being withheld now?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nunes ran out of questions when he whiffed on all of his conspiracy theory questions - he grimaced, and then flipped some paper around to enter into a prepared time-wasting partisan tirade to burn up his time. Not a good look for him.

Vindman had no knowledge of Biden conspiracy theory key allegations.

Nunes is now trying to drill Vindman (three separate attempts) to say something other than 'The NSC press office communicates with the press.' No, Nunes, he's not the leaker and is not taking the 5th.

edit: ITS GETTING FIERY. Tweetstorm to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Nunes pursuing Col Vindman if he had contact with media sources, or knew anyone who had contact with media sources. He didn't ask Ms Williams that first while interviewing her before he asked the Col, instead covered his ass by then asking her the same questions. Are you the leak or do you know who it is [using the present tense now] in respect to the wording of his question. Bull**** attempt to imply you must plead the 5th if you don't answer my question, otherwise you are committing a criminal offence. Basically Nunes is trying to break the legal rule that the whistleblowers identity is NOT to be publicly released, something which should mean he is trying to intimidate a person into committing a criminal offence [said tactic in itself should be a criminal action by Nunes]

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1196817478266998790?s=20

This was the aftermath quip of a blockbuster exchange where Nunes tried to force Vindman to take the 5th or out the whistleblower. Nunes was trying to trip the witness up into not enjoying the protection afforded to witnesses under H.Res.660.

Overheal wrote: »
    It's context aligns neatly with John Solomon's reporting (tying a do-not-prosecute list, Yovanovitch, and the Bidens) and the Telcon:

495639.PNG

edit: Nunes wised the **** up and didn't spend his first 10 seconds thanking the witnesses for passing the secret audition. They're already losing the chips off their shoulders.

Good to see Zelensky asked for reciprocal action [please pass it on to us] where it came to Don's administration having possession of anything incriminating indicating Joe and his son being involved in criminal activities in Ukraine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Overheal wrote: »
    This was the aftermath quip of a blockbuster exchange where Nunes tried to force Vindman to take the 5th.

Fair play to him. He's nervous, clearly not as comfortable with pubic speaking as either Taylor or Kent from last week but this was laser precision. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fake news. Tim Morrison testified that it was an error and had nothing to do with Trump.

That's a lie.

Morrison testified that he was told it was a mistake.

And where exactly does he say it has nothing to do with Trump?

Col Vindman seems to have a very accurate recall of events without referring to papers to refresh his memory. He's got a good lawyer by his side on the ball to rebut any attempt to B/S him into publicly providing information not allowed by law.

After this hearing so far I think there is a much stronger takeaway now that Trump and Zelensky were agreeing to investigate (and announce investigations) that implicated Yovanovitch, the Bidens, Burisma, and the 2016 election, during the July 25 call. I think attempts to tie Vindman to the Deep State blew up in their face, and right now Republicans are *pissed* how its going, based on the CSPAN gaggle I just saw. The lad was wound up like a clock trying to keep his argument straight that somehow Vindman conspired against the President like John Rambo or something. When he accidentally admitted 'yes, Vindman is a Ukraine expert' he shot back, fuming, 'well he didn't know about a lot of our questions on Ukraine!' - the majority of their questions centered around the Bidens.

2nd CSPAN gaggle... lad tried to argue that the witnesses said 'the telcon is accurate and complete' [erm] therefore 'we dont need to hear from 1st hand witnesses anymore' because 'look at the transcript!' case closed...

He's now, also, getting into a shouting match with a journalist.

:rolleyes:

edit: sounds like its become its own sidebar debate, "face the facts! etc'

• Advertisement

The Republicans have no clue how to handle anyone who has integrity.

Vindman was ready for Gym Jordan's accusation that he leaked information...

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1196832281115136000?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Himes' point was well made. It's obvious the purpose of Castor's line of questioning was to throw a few morsels to the likes of Fox News so they can drive the "divided loyalty" narrative all night.

They'll still do it, obviously because they have no scruples or shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Daily Mail so...

Trump's team scraping the bottom of the barrel for sympathy here, and it's of course likely to be untrue. Claiming that their predecessors left nasty notes and there were lots of "Obama books" everywhere. Mind you, interesting to bring this up right now (deflect! deflect!) having not raised it as an issue in the past.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7702217/Obama-aides-left-notes-White-House-offices-Trump-staff-reading-fail.html

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've only watched back the opening statements from schiff and nunes and even by normal GOP standards nunes was nuts. What did that achieve or was it meant to achieve anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What car crash TV for the democrats today.

Vindman outed as leaking information, no evidence remotely supporting accusation of bribery and in fact Vindman coming across as being clueless when it comes to Burisma and Hunter Biden and why their relationship should be investigated. His constant smirking and laughing while attempting to take the POTUS out of office won't go down well will the American public.

Meanwhile the democrats in congress focus on Vindman's service in the army, his twin brother and one even turns on the waterworks when speaking about Vindman's father!!

The all important feelz are back ladies and gents ... :p

Nunes is right, what a circus!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Schiff waffling about acid being thrown in people's faces now, give me a bloody break.

They have nothing .. they better hope Sondland gives them something tomorrow, as this is embarrassing for them.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Ducking our questions again Pete by throwing bouquets at yourself?

Watching TV. The hearings are on. Check Cspan.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Schiff waffling about acid being thrown in people's faces now, give me a bloody break.

They have nothing .. they better hope Sondland gives them something tomorrow, as this is embarrassing for them.

Watching TV. The hearings are on. Check Cspan.

They have 2 people who 1st hand heard the call and are giving their testimony.

From your posts in this thread and the other, it seems like you are watching something different to the rest of us Pete....

They have nothing .. they better hope Sondland gives them something tomorrow, as this is embarrassing for them

They have facts and credible witnesses.

Republicans have bluster, lies, conspiracy theories and Fox News.

By the way Pete, why did you lie about Morrison's testimony?

Why, if the call was perfect, is it still saved away in the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That would have been an hour shorter if they could just take the 'thank you for your service' as a given.

kowloon wrote: »
    That would have been an hour shorter if they could just take the 'thank you for your service' as a given.

It would normally be taken as a given. However the Republicans spent the morning smearing his name, so it kind of had to be said.

• Advertisement

What car crash TV for the democrats today.

Vindman outed as leaking information, no evidence remotely supporting accusation of bribery and in fact Vindman coming across as being clueless when it comes to Burisma and Hunter Biden and why their relationship should be investigated.

Meanwhile the democrats in congress focus on Vindman's service in the army, his twin brother and one even turns on the waterworks when speaking about Vindman's father!!

Re your post above, two questions for you. If you think Col Vindman is a leaker, why, [in your opinion] is President Trump still keeping him on at the White House as a serving member of the NSC team there? Is the President going along as an accomplice with the leaking you think Col Vindman is doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

The anti-Semitism the Republicans and the right-wing media have employed against Vindman has been sadly predictable.

Reminiscent of the Dreyfus affair.

Don Trump news interview clip shown on CNN, not by CNN but a presentation from him to a media group at the White House while seated in the Oval Office. He never met Col Vindman or Ambassador Taylor, the phonecalls they were talking about were phonecalls about other phonecalls about other phonecalls. Col Vindman agreed with the White House phonecall transcript. He said he had been watching the hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Jordan and arguing over him is a red herring (again) and I'm not going to chase, just pointing out he didn't ask any question of the two witnesses who both, were very concerned about the phone call and were directly listening to it.

So you have Rep members simply trying to make talking points for Fox and right wingers not challenging the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You really rebutted his arguments there.

You know, some might say referring to Rep. Jim Jordan as Gym is pretty odious.

But what with democrats weaponizing of sexual assault allegations in the political sphere, I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised to see such a thing used to besmirch him.

When arguments run low, ad hominem attacks usually follow.

“Referee says he told Rep. Jim Jordan that Ohio State doctor performed sex act in shower
    The referee said the response of Jordan and another former coach was, "Yeah, yeah, we know."”

I repeat, Gym is an odious individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

But what with democrats weaponizing of sexual assault allegations in the political sphere, I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised to see such a thing used to besmirch him.

You are talking about a man, a party, and a Presidency that is literally built upon ad hominems. Maybe sit this one out... though not in a locker room overseen by Mr Jordan...

Tim Morrison making it clear in his opening statement that he wont stand for time-wasting by anyone asking him about the identity of the whistleblower. A red line in the sand. Ambassador Volker dumping on the back channel represented by Rudy and what he says is Rudy's negative feedback to Don.

Vindman outed as leaking information

Not at all? The testimony made clear that Vindman functioned within the confines of his duties. He testified under sworn oath that he had not spoken with any press or anyone about the matter outside of the job scope.
    no evidence remotely supporting accusation of bribery and in fact Vindman coming across as being clueless when it comes to Burisma and Hunter Biden and why their relationship should be investigated. His constant smirking and laughing while attempting to take the POTUS out of office won't go down well will the American public.

I'm sure some yokel on some youtube channel will probably make a smirk :rolleyes: to be the revalating truth that there is an antichrist and it is LTC Alexander Vindman.

Now, you seem surprised that a US official in their official capacity might be bewildered to wonder why they are supposed to know about a conspiracy theory that is bunk? But sure, if you wish to interpret it that way as *sigh* the antichrist covering up the lizardperson conspiracy, then to people on the right I'm sure a string of "no" questions from Vindman looked like what, perjury? Nothing about his testimony today indicated to me that he would attempt to perjure himself, and in fact he went to great lengths to be clear about the record including clarifying the level of contact he had with the president (100% indirect, through work packets only such as cables and talking points to Trump). The thing is, none of that line of questioning that elicited no's was germane to the relevancy of this fact witness.

Considering that Republicans spent a great deal of time attacking the loyalty, honor, and integrity of the witness, it seems absolutely appropriate for Democrats to take that line of questioning.

Considering I have, to date, seen you criticize - check my math - zero, instances of 'odious' references to liberal politicians (in fact I may or may not have seen you make such odious references, especially, say, of Adam Schiff), I question why you would start now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve been watching the hearings that are on now which is the Volker and Morrison who are meant to be GOP witnesses but after watching for ten minutes I’m not sure how happy the GOP will be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement