Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It's an unusual move [I think] to publicize one's opening statement in advance in a public media source. If Mr Sondland's "to-committee" opening statement is word-for-word the same or similar, then [IMO] he's left Don & Co in the lurch. Confirmation will be done by a reactive tweet from Don.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Still don't understand how Nunes is on this committee considering his past behaviour.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Locked for review

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Reopening. I've deleted a bunch of posts. Three people have been banned and two have been carded.

This isn't the place for childish bickering. If that's what you're here for, don't post.

****in hell.

Sondland is going for it.

Rudy is fucccccccccked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Holy. Crap. It's happening. They're all in it now. Trump. Pompeo. Giuliani. They're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

jooksavage wrote: »
    Holy. Crap. It's happening. They're all in it now. Trump. Pompeo. Giuliani. They're done.

Amazing. Sondland might actually have some character.

No one's done though. Way too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Sondland has implicated everyone. The entire State department plus Giuliani and Trump. Holy crap this is good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He brought receipts! Cover your ass mode squared.

Rudy, Pompeo, Bolton, Pence, Mulvaney should all be subpoenaed - second subpoenas where appropriate.

I know they won't attend, but to refuse to attend to refute these allegations will look awfully bad.

I did think it was funny Nunes stating that Sondland was going to be smeared directly to his face, mostly cos the Repubs are going to be the ones doing the smearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Sondland has implicated everyone. The entire State department plus Giuliani and Trump. Holy crap this is good stuff!

Just brought in Rick Perry, too, as one of the people in the Rudy division.

Perry earlier did say he spoke with Rudy, but portrayed it as inconsequential: https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics/rick-perry-rudy-giuliani-trump-ukraine/index.html

I think there's more there there. Maybe Rick Perry will be subpoenaed.

Don't see much need to bother with Mulvaney at this point, Sondland's singing like a bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Perry planned to resign when this all became public.

Pompeo is now telling Republicans that he wants to step down and run for Senate in his home state.

Overheal wrote: »
    Perry planned to resign when this all became public.

Pompeo is now telling Republicans that he wants to step down and run for Senate in his home state.

Rats off a sinking ship. Could be too late for Pompeo after this Sondland testimony.

Oh god, Pompeo must be turning white watching this...

How can anyone defend Trump after this? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im still catching up on yesterday. Nunes seems awfully miffed that he wasn't prepared when Schiff invoked a second round of 15 minutes for each ranking member and their counsel.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Whilst Sondlands testimony is massively damaging , it only matters if it moves the needle with GOP voters.

It will be extremely interesting to see the next few opinion polls to gauge the impact this is having..

Big up A$AP Rocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Sondland confirms qpq.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Whilst Sondlands testimony is massively damaging , it only matters if it moves the needle with GOP voters.

It will be extremely interesting to see the next few opinion polls to gauge the impact this is having..

Sondland literally saying "there was a Quid Pro Quo" might not move the cultists, but the undecideds is where we may see the real movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sondland comes across as oddly smug about the whole thing. It's a strange tone for someone who's been caught fibbing to a congressional committee.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    Sondland comes across as oddly smug about the whole thing. It's a strange tone for someone who's been caught fibbing to a congressional committee.

Yeah I noted that. In particular, whenever he mentions Pompeo, he seems to give side-eye to the committee. Weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Christy42

Yeah I noted that. In particular, whenever he mentions Pompeo, he seems to give side-eye to the committee. Weird...

I would assume he is taking people down with him who would prefer if he rolled under a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I can only assume, with all these people being conniving grifters, they all hate and fear each other, so getting to throw them all under the bus must be gratifying for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gbear wrote: »

It's the look of someone saying;

"if I am going down, I'm taking them all with me"

If the R's were going to try to push Rudy under the bus and pretend his unofficial diplomatic channel was a solo run, Sondland has well and truly blown that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I can be said to be picking at small items but Mr Sondland said at the start that he did not, as a habit at work, make notes during work and followed it up with the revelation that the State Dept refused to give him the paperwork he had made during his time working with it for use in respect of his upcoming testimony before the committee. Given how Mr Sondland basically turned on Don & others in the admin, I expect Mr Nunes may change his friendly attitude to him when it come to the GOP getting its 45 minutes and the GOP counsel to ask how he can recall all of his workings with all the others he's named when he does not have contemporaneous notes to recall all the events and day to day matters correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I’m stuck at work!

How’s it going?

aloyisious wrote: »
    I can be said to be picking at small items but Mr Sondland said at the start that he did not, as a habit at work, make notes during work and followed it up with the revelation that the State Dept refused to give him the paperwork he had made during his time working with it for use in respect of his upcoming testimony before the committee. Given how Mr Sondland basically turned on Don & others in the admin, I expect Mr Nunes may change his friendly attitude to him when it come to the GOP getting its 45 minutes.

Was it the notes he made or the documentation his staff made that he was looking for from the SD?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Sondland emphasised that Bolton's office asked him for Giuliani's contact details on August 26th. Why did he place such emphasis on the date??

Well, that's the date the ICIG forwarded the whisteblower complaint to the Acting DNI...

• Advertisement

I’m stuck at work!

How’s it going?

Pence has apparently just gotten on a plane and got the hell out of Washington. That should tell you how it's going for the Trump admin!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement