Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I’m stuck at work!

How’s it going?

It's riveting! You're really missing a blockbuster hearing.. What a day to be stuck at work... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Was it the notes he made or the documentation his staff made that he was looking for from the SD?

Good point. I don't know, however he has mentioned Emails he sent to the State Dept and to communications he had with a specific person there.

Gordon is trying to play footsie with Schiff.. Not to be recommended at this point.. He is painfully denying ever mentioning the Bidens specifically in any conversations or phone calls. He did not see that all the mentions of Burisma at the time related in my way to the Bidens. He seems very shifty and unconvincing in that specific area.

Going by what Mr Sondland is saying, Rudy is definitely going under the bus sometime soon unless, as he [Rudy] intimated, he has something set aside to protect himself if he thought he was going to be MADE a casualty.

Wow, he's made a very pertinent point there with Mr Goldman on his communications with Don there, that is until Don declares/declared them to be presidential-classified after the fact, they are/were not so classified.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Pretty sure this will have been posted before (not following every page of this thread)

but just in case, this early Oct tweet from Trump:

"I would love to send Ambassador Sondland, a really good man and great American, to testify, but unfortunately he would be testifying before a totally compromised kangaroo court, where Republican’s rights have been taken away, and true facts are not allowed out for the public...."

Boom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

He looks very nervous whenever he says he didn't mention Biden. His whole demeanour changes.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    He looks very nervous whenever he says he didn't mention Biden. His whole demeanour changes.

Umm, possibly he's thinking that if what he's testifying to now means an end to Don, the elected successor may well be Joe Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

He has good cause to be nervous. There's a chance Biden will be appointing the next AG.

Absolutely... Every time Biden is mentioned he goes for the sippy cup... A bit of a poker tell there Gordo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Absolutely... Every time Biden is mentioned he goes for the sippy cup... A bit of a poker tell there Gordo!

Yep, he definitely heard the word Biden. Wish he'd just come out and say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Sondland continuously clarifies that what Trump wanted through Giuliani was an announcement of investigations as distinct and separate from actual investigations.
    The difference being that only one of those things can be used in a campaign video attacking Joe Biden.
    Sondland recalls Zelenskiy asking in Warsaw “why don’t I have my check” or something like that.
    Sondland figured that the military aid was also part of quid pro quo, he says.
    Goldman: was this kind of a 2+2=4? You figured that the military aid was also part of quid pro quo?
    Sondland: Yup.

This is even more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Pence being dragged into it now. This is great.

TomOnBoard wrote: »

If he gets any more nervous, he's gonna need a loo break shortly!!

That would be an interesting tactic to disrupt the flow of questioning..

Goldman is forensic.. Just what the doctor ordered..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Here we go... be interesting to see how Nunes is going to go after this...

Will they be able to raise Hunter Biden with him considering he's said he doesnt remember hearing about him already?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Even Fox News are playing a relatively straight bat with Sondlands testimony.

I haven't read the articles , but a sample of the headlines so far are

"Sondland testifies ‘everyone was in the loop,’ implicates top echelon on Ukraine talks"

"Sondland denies ‘rogue diplomacy’ in Ukraine talks, acknowledges ‘potential quid pro quo’ with aid holdup"

"'The answer is yes': Sondland confirms 'quid pro quo'".

Today is not a good day for the administration.

This is even more interesting.

Yeah, he's specifically testified that the Ukrainians have a history of not following through with their promises and that's why Don wanted it publicized at an international media release event, no way out for Zelensky giving an unwritten way out to Don to walk away publicly from giving Ukraine any aid in the future because Zelensky welshed on the deal.

Now the GOP turn at him and... Mr Nunes seems to have asked for a 5 minute break. I guess he's wants a rapid confab with his counsellor and his colleagues on the committee to agree a new angle on treating Mr Sondland - maybe as a hostile/unreliable witness? Edit: I was not looking at the TV screen when the break request was made, just heard the announcement from the chair so my last sentence above is conjecture on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Dytalus

Here we go... be interesting to see how Nunes is going to go after this...

Will they be able to raise Hunter Biden with him considering he's said he doesnt remember hearing about him already?

I'd wager they'll make a point about how much his testimony has changed, then circle back to conspiracy, whistleblower, and Hunter Biden talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

Rats turning on each other, about sums up this whole administration. Let's see does Trump use the word in a tweet

Dytalus wrote: »
    I'd wager they'll make a point about how much his testimony has changed, then circle back to conspiracy, whistleblower, and Hunter Biden talk.

The GOP have made it an essential part of their legal and house committee argument that the Bidens were never any part of Don's request for a corruption investigation so they can't bring it up and ally it with the investigation "request" from Don to Zelensky without giving credence to the link themselves. That's their conundrum now.

• Advertisement

Lets see what the Rs do now:

1) Try to put it all on Giuliani, make the whole thing look like solo mission. Hard to do that now that Sondland has told us that everyone was in on it.

2) Attack Sondland. This is quite possible. In fairness, he has changed his statement quite a bit and they could reasonably ask why the hell this is the case.

3) Rant and rave about the Bidens.

If I was a betting man, I'd say they'll plump for No. 3

jooksavage wrote: »
    Lets see what the Rs do now:

1) Try to put it all on Giuliani, make the whole thing look like solo mission. Hard to do that now that Sondland has told us that everyone was in on it.

2) Attack Sondland. This is quite possible. In fairness, he has changed his statement quite a bit and they could reasonably ask why the hell this is the case.

3) Rant and rave about the Bidens.

If I was a betting man, I'd say they'll plump for No. 3

Giuiani has categorically stated that he expects The Donald to remain loyal to him and that he has "insurance" in the vent of disloyalty.

Hasn't this been completely debunked already?

he's just going to ask him a bunch of questions about something he doesnt know about to get it on the record?

Pathetic.

It's Crowdstrike and the Dems/Ukraine secret operation against Don angle. Hillary is back on the GOP agenda.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Giuiani has categorically stated that he expects The Donald to remain loyal to him and that he has "insurance" in the vent of disloyalty.

I took his comments to mean that if they threw him under the bus on this issue he'd share all the "other" stuff he knows about..

Mutually Assured Destruction and all that.

God, Nunes is just the worst.

"Ukraine is out to get Trump"

And this man has the nerve to talk about Democrat conspiracy theories.

Edit: Steele dossier gets a mention. SHOTS

He's happy to talk about the GOP subpoenas being ignored and fails to mention the subpoenas from the committee he's sitting on which his party colleague ordered his staff and federal govt employees to ignore.

It would not surprise me if he brought out the chewbacca defense at this stage.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I took his comments to mean that if they threw him under the bus on this issue he'd share all the "other" stuff he knows about..

Mutually Assured Destruction and all that.

Exactly. Rudi isn't the most dependable or stable repository for your secrets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It would not surprise me if he brought out the chewbacca defense at this stage.

It would be a bold move.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement