Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Has Mr Sondland just asked the GOP committee members, through their counsellor, for Don & Co to release the documents the State Dept is with-holding from him? I guess he is, as he's just mentioned call-logs he has no access to right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just saw some clips of Ken Starr (uber Trump defender) on Fox News saying it may be time for Rep senators to start thinking about taking a trip to the White House. Wow....did not expect that. Isn't going to hapen ovbiously, but today not a good day fro Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

On cue: Trump just claims he doesn't know Sondland very well but he's a "nice guy"

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    On cue: Trump just claims he doesn't know Sondland very well but he's a "nice guy"

Lets see how long that lasts...

Just getting into this now, who has Sondland thrown under the bus so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

rosser44 wrote: »
    Lets see how long that lasts...

Just getting into this now, who has Sondland thrown under the bus so far?

Everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I think the look Nunes gave to fellow GOP to his left as Schiff called the end of the first session was very telling. Imho he looked quite concerned....

Castor is really labouring this...
    You didn't speak to trump about this,.... you never heard Biden's name until when,.... you had no evidence that the aid was related to the investigation.... are you involved in a drug deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've not listened to or watched any of the days precedings but I've got the ambassadors opening statement and have read the first five pages of 23. And from just a scan of twitter it seems this could be John dean watergate level testimony(or near enough). It seems if he's going down he's taking a few others with him.

There was a comment from John Dean two days ago on a CNN late night show that there would be a change in the law [after this was over with] to prevent any president from issuing orders to the effect that his staff and federal Govt employees were to ignore subpoenas issued in accordance with law for them to appear before congress committees for the purpose of testifying in person and/or providing documentary evidence to the committees. If Mr Dean got it right and had heard whispers of such a change, it'd be welcome as part of the checks and balances in the constitutional US Government system.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Dohnjoe wrote: »

On October 8th he tweeted that Sondland is "a really good guy and a great American". So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

EJ1IpSdX0AAGy_e?format=jpg&name=large

Currently on the south lawn with hand written notes. Look at that writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭volchitsa

That's not real, though, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I wonder how many Americans know Ukraine is a country?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

volchitsa wrote: »
    That's not real, though, is it?

It very much is.

EJ1Prl1WoAMPW9f?format=png&name=small

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1197199221654478848

So he's decided or has been told to write things down and stick to them(I've no idea if he did) and take this seriously.

I wonder how many Americans know Ukraine is a country?

Well considering the amount of times I've heard American celebrities say that they went to Europe without being clear as to where in Europe they went, it's fief to say not many may know about Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That is hilarious.

Something so mundane that he has to have it all written out, wow.

Btw I've now read ambassador sondlands opening statement and sweet baby Jesus and the donkey that wasn't a good opening statement for president trump and the GOP. You'd have to think that messers Bolton, Pompeo, mulvaney, and gulianni may be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

"I want nothing,
    I want nothing"

If either of my parents wrote something like this, I would be dragging them to a doctor.

Gintonious wrote: »

Yes, I see that now - I actually just heard him delivering them just now on the BBC 6 o'clock news. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tell me that this is photoshopped. Please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

EJ1IpSdX0AAGy_e?format=jpg&name=large

Currently on the south lawn with hand written notes. Look at that writing.
    There's a simple explanation for this.

Trump's eyesight is gammy but he's too vain to wear glasses so needs things written in huuuuuge writing.

Putin also has to have things written for him in huge writing because he also refuses to wear glasses because he wants to present an image of omnipotence.

And if Putin does it....

jooksavage wrote: »
    "I want nothing,
    I want nothing"

If either of my parents wrote something like this, I would be dragging them to a doctor.

Not sure if this has been posted already:
    Fox News: Obama's former doctor claims Trump could have 'neurological issues' following hospital visit

(Couldn't resist posting the Fox News article on this but it's also in other media.)

"This is the final word of the Pres of the US" - this could be a quite prophetic statement

Mr Sondland is doing a fair bit of glancing to HIS front-right, which, to my recall of the room layout, is where Mr Nunes and the GOP members are seated.

rosser44 wrote: »
    "This is the final word of the Pres of the US" - this could be a quite prophetic statement

Did he read that out or was that like the "Mr Thompson" scene in the Simpson and that was just telling him who he is and to shut up from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well considering the amount of times I've heard American celebrities say that they went to Europe without being clear as to where in Europe they went, it's fief to say not many may know about Ukraine.

So I'm guessing most Americans knowledge of this inquiry to be quite low.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's a simple explanation for this.

Trump's eyesight is gammy but he's too vain to wear glasses so needs things written in huuuuuge writing.

Putin also has to have things written for him in huge writing because he also refuses to wear glasses because he wants to present an image of omnipotence.

And if Putin does it....

Hey, he's a 73 year old man with dyed straw-blonde hair, an industrial combover to hide baldness, and a wife half his age; a refusal to wear glasses doesn't seem like that much of a stretch, all things considered.

Did he read that out or was that like the "Mr Thompson" scene in the Simpson and that was just telling him who he is and to shut up from here on out.

I didn't hear him speaking, just going on what he has written down, but it wouldn't surprise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

jooksavage wrote: »
    God, Nunes is just the worst.

"Ukraine is out to get Trump"

And this man has the nerve to talk about Democrat conspiracy theories.

Edit: Steele dossier gets a mention. SHOTS

Yeah,we shudda organised a shots bingo for today... we'd all be pissed by now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Btw I've now read ambassador sondlands opening statement and sweet baby Jesus and the donkey that wasn't a good opening statement for president trump and the GOP. You'd have to think that messers Bolton, Pompeo, mulvaney, and gulianni may be in trouble.

I'd say that, for once, Bolton comes out of this clean so far... Amazing as it is, it looks like Bolton was the only cabinet-level adult in the WH.. Surreal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement