Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Tru p loves digging lower than he has before in social media to deflect attention from bad things going on around him. His racist tweets have me wondering if there is more to the Epstein connection than he wants to let on, unless I'm forgetting any other major negative news stories trun pwas involved in last week?

I don't know. He's so thin skinned that it's quite possible that something like his climbdown over the census question could have more importance in his own mind than a paedophile getting off due to having influential friends in high places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Why do you always write Trump as TRump?

I suspect it's rooted in some 4chan/reddit childishness. It seems to be the source of most of his beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Sounds like trump has found a replacement for Clinton. I expect trumps rants agains AOC and co to be his 2020 platform

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

I don't know, I've given up ascribing reason to his outbursts.
    The main is probably senile at this point. He can't even hide the racism these days.
    Hard to say that it's to deflect from the Epstein story as that hasn't been too bad for him so far.
    Best just to think of Trump as a total idiot that is losing slowly losing his mind and will have greater and greater outbursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sounds like trump has found a replacement for Clinton. I expect trumps rants agains AOC and co to be his 2020 platform

That won't quite have the same heft, given that she's a junior Congresswoman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump is now quoting Lindsey Graham from a Fox and Friends appearance in which he called AOC and others "Communists".

It is absolutely disgusting stuff. Desperation that racism is all they can run on in 2020.

Btw - the same Graham who, in 2015, said..

"Here’s what you’re buying: He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Gbear wrote: »
    I think you might be wrong about that.

Ocasio-Cortez, Omar and Tlaib are strong, successful women of colour who are outspoken in standing up for what is right.

They are exactly the sort of people who drive Trump and his supporters up the wall.

In the minds of Trump and his supporters, they threaten them, merely because of what they are.

For Trump and his supporters, strong, successful women of colour with a keen moral compass should shut up and go away, and if they don't do that, they should be forcibly shut up.

It just goes to show how extreme and how racist and misogynist Trump's base really is.

Nancy Pelosi has acted as an enabler for Trump in his despicable attempt to turn Ocasio-Cortez, Omar and Tlaib into public enemies one, two and three in Trumpland.

With Pelosi at the helm, Trump must be rubbing his hands with glee, because she's effectively doing his bidding for him.

It's classic divide and conquer, and Pelosi has walked into into it hook, line and sinker with her idiotic "4D chess" "strategy", that doesn't exist in reality.

I expected a distract post from the usual poster, but what I want to see are the others who have popped in here previously to defend him, to parse his words, to try explain what he meant to say, to say that we took him out of context, who deny that he is racist and allege that we are all over-reacting?

I'll wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Only one Republican has so far commented on Trump racists tweets, an obscure congressman from Maryland. He said that everyone has it wrong Trump was only telling them to go back to their own district :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

kilns wrote: »
    Only one Republican has so far commented on Trump racists tweets, an obscure congressman from Maryland. He said that everyone has it wrong Trump was only telling them to go back to their own district :D

Except he specifically used the word countries......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Tru p loves digging lower than he has before in social media to deflect attention from bad things going on around him. His racist tweets have me wondering if there is more to the Epstein connection than he wants to let on, unless I'm forgetting any other major negative news stories trun pwas involved in last week?

Actually, I reckon your point that yesterday's tweetstorm against the 'squad' may simply be all deflection and distraction from other stuff is on the nose. In the last few days, the Epstein case has prompted more women to come forward, and Donnie may be feeling very threatened by that. Also, he won't want anyone to be talking about the Census citizenship debacle that shows him up as having failed miserably. In that case, expect Wilbur Ross to be 'resigned' shortly. The much- trumpeted ICE raids were used for further deflection and distraction for a few weeks there, but they seem to have been less momentous than threatened.

Never forget that the conman is a big time practitioner of the 3-card trick which only succeeds when you are looking at where he wants you to look. Forget the 'squad' tweets, even though they're disgusting on their face! They're a deflection! Ask yourself, "where's the Lady" really at!!

everlast75 wrote: »
    Laughable stuff as usual.

Racism is a strategy now?

Ffs, when will this utter nonsense end.

There is some truth to Rigolo's statement. That "squad" have very low approval ratings apparently. It's forcing the democrats to get behind them. It sounds like a revisionist strategy imo but it does make some sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

VinLieger wrote: »
    Except he specifically used the word countries......

Interestingly, The Donald's mother is from Scotland - born into dire poverty and English wasn't her first language. His father, though born in the US, was conceived in Germany.

Interestingly, AOC's mother was from Puerto Rica - born into dire poverty and English wasn't her first language. Her father was born and conceived in the US.

Which makes AOC more American than The Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gbear wrote: »

An analysis I read yesterday noted that with the election likely coming down to certain swing states, attacking AOC et al and taking Pelosi's side against them could be a good strategy for Trump's re-election because AOC, Omar and Tlaib are viewed and poll less favourably in the likes of Wisconsin.

Trump's base won't (and clearly already don't) care about the racist remarks. The question is will Trump focusing on AOC, Omar and Tlaib get him any of the swing voters to his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭Christy42

Penn wrote: »
    An analysis I read yesterday noted that with the election likely coming down to certain swing states, attacking AOC et al and taking Pelosi's side against them could be a good strategy for Trump's re-election because AOC, Omar and Tlaib are viewed and poll less favourably in the likes of Wisconsin.

Trump's base won't (and clearly already don't) care about the racist remarks. The question is will Trump focusing on AOC, Omar and Tlaib get him any of the swing voters to his side.

In fairness to Trump the government in their home countries is a disgrace. Sure look at the amount of scandals already that has hit that government and just the other someone had to resign for giving a sweetheart deal to a paedophile while the president has a mass of sexual assault allegations against him!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Christy42 wrote: »
    In fairness to Trump the government in their home countries is a disgrace. Sure look at the amount of scandals already that has hit that government and just the other someone had to resign for giving a sweetheart deal to a paedophile while the president has a mass of sexual assault allegations against him!

Was just about to go the USA was there home country and then re read the rest and LOL'd a severe whoosh for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    I think you might be wrong about that.

Ocasio-Cortez, Omar and Tlaib are strong, successful women of colour who are outspoken in standing up for what is right.

They are exactly the sort of people who drive Trump and his supporters up the wall.

In the minds of Trump and his supporters, they threaten them, merely because of what they are.

For Trump and his supporters, strong, successful women of colour with a keen moral compass should shut up and go away, and if they don't do that, they should be forcibly shut up.

It just goes to show how extreme and how racist and misogynist Trump's base really is.

Nancy Pelosi has acted as an enabler for Trump in his despicable attempt to turn Ocasio-Cortez, Omar and Tlaib into public enemies one, two and three in Trumpland.

With Pelosi at the helm, Trump must be rubbing his hands with glee, because she's effectively doing his bidding for him.

It's classic divide and conquer, and Pelosi has walked into into it hook, line and sinker with her idiotic "4D chess" "strategy", that doesn't exist in reality.

Right, but I can't see it tying the same rabid negativity to the actual candidate. The only way that'll work is, I think, if the candidate is another woman of colour (because more racism).

I think it's key to create a deep animalistic hatred - a negative Pavlovian response to the candidate. I don't think that works if you're attaching it to someone else, and factors like age, centrism, gender, colour will blur those lines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

volchitsa wrote: »

I don't know. He's so thin skinned that it's quite possible that something like his climbdown over the census question could have more importance in his own mind than a paedophile getting off due to having influential friends in high places.
    Good point, the census issue slipped my mind. Apparently there were a number of laws possibly broken, which was part of why the legal team hit 5he ejector button on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

Trump is now quoting Lindsey Graham from a Fox and Friends appearance in which he called AOC and others "Communists".

It is absolutely disgusting stuff. Desperation that racism is all they can run on in 2020.

Btw - the same Graham who, in 2015, said..

"Here’s what you’re buying: He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for."
    Graham's immediate u from Trumps biggest critic in the GOP (along with McCain), to one of his biggest supporters came immediately following a private meeting he was called into.

I really wonder what info was disclosed in that meeting.

Graham's immediate u from Trumps biggest critic in the GOP (along with McCain), to one of his biggest supporters came immediately following a private meeting he was called into.

People forget that the GOP computers were hacked too. The conspiracy theory is that there were things found which made the certain members tow the line...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

People forget that the GOP computers were hacked too. The conspiracy theory is that there were things found which made the certain members tow the line...

I'd be more inclined to look in David Pecker's trove of Catch and Release photos/stories, as well as Trump International''s own collection of compromising information that has been collected over years from their hotel rooms and golf courses.

The Russians arent the only ones to use kompromat. It's an approach that was also used by the New York Mafia for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,270 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah, certain country's investment in to a certain leader's state may have something to do with that. Not to mention NRA contributions. In the parlance of The Wire, follow the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yeah, certain country's investment in to a certain leader's state may have something to do with that. Not to mention NRA contributions. In the parlance of The Wire, follow the money

"All the President's men".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074119/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I wouldn't be surprised if they had something on lindsey graham.... his U turn on Trump has been extraordinary.

Do you think their is anything Trump could say/tweet that would get him kicked out of office ? He is pushing the envelope out the last few days... but nothing will happen....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/15/politics/trump-tweets-upend-international-standards-analysis-robertson-intl/index.html
    The silence from most of the world's capitals since US President Donald Trump posted racist tweets over the weekend has been almost deafening.

Really, what do they expect? Why should the rest of the world involve themselves in the US's mess? They really don't get it. Surely there must be Americans who can read the diplomatic contempt in these leaders' statements. Why would any other world leader lower him/her-self to argue with the White House buffoon.

He's your problem guys, you deal with him and when its all been sorted and some sort of grown up government has re-emerged then world leaders will possibly help patch up the mess you have made. Meanwhile what's in it for them to create diplomatic incidents with the country, when in fact it is just the leadership that is beyond hope?

And much the same goes for the whole Brexit thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I have a gnawing feeling that the census question defeat, coming after all the other Court blockages and Mueller not going away thanks to the Dem Congress AND the Europeans not rowing in behind him on Iran, Israel, China etc etc etc, that his Orangeness is subconsciously trying to burn it all down with everything he says and does, full paranoia, full narcissism meltdown, fully wants to be back in New York behind the gold desk with a sycophantic organisation eating his burgers and playing his golf.

Hes gone full rogue and the only solution to that is Section 4 of the 25th and woe betide the first administration who uses it, from the point of view of the electorate anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I have a gnawing feeling that the census question defeat, coming after all the other Court blockages and Mueller not going away thanks to the Dem Congress AND the Europeans not rowing in behind him on Iran, Israel, China etc etc etc, that his Orangeness is subconsciously trying to burn it all down with everything he says and does, full paranoia, full narcissism meltdown, fully wants to be back in New York behind the gold desk with a sycophantic organisation eating his burgers and playing his golf.

Hes gone full rogue and the only solution to that is Section 4 of the 25th and woe betide the first administration who uses it, from the point of view of the electorate anyway.

Too many Acting cabinet members; can't do the 25th without 'permanent' secretaries (permanent in the Trump WH being kind of a contradiction in terms.)

The US isn't doing the 25th amendment. None of the swampdwellers in his cabinet are unhappy with how things are. It's full of shameless grifters like DeVos, somnambulant droids like Ross, madmen like Carson, and the rest a bunch of grifters (Chao, Pompeo). They're very happy with the status quo, making tons of money for their buddies and it'll all be waiting for them when they leave the government.

Impeachment's the only choice, even though it'll fail in the Senate. They need to get it going based on obstruction, that seems the most likely solid case. They won't impeach him because he's a bigot and a racist, it's what he does to the country that matters.

I'm coming around to it because I see it as something that'll distract from the campaign to the Democrats favor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Interestingly, The Donald's mother is from Scotland - born into dire poverty and English wasn't her first language. His father, though born in the US, was conceived in Germany.

Interestingly, AOC's mother was from Puerto Rica - born into dire poverty and English wasn't her first language. Her father was born and conceived in the US.

Which makes AOC more American than The Donald.

Don't forget Trumps mail order bride from Slovenia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The ADL not happy with Trump using Jews as a shield during his bizarre attacks on people of a different colour and sex.
    https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/1150812657705979906?s=19

[url]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

"Go back to where you came from"...
    ...Spikes in numbers of death threats received whenever the president criticizes Omar....
    ..It doesn't matter if people think he's racist because lots of people agree with him (paraphrasing trump)...
    ...1 percenter bikers celebrating trump...
    ...Pence touring illegal immigrants in outrageous conditions, saying it's tough but necessary...

My perception of the situation has suddenly shifted. Been bemused, wondering at the idiocy and sh!tness of the president and his followers. Thinking it's a protest anger thing, a reaction to having a black president, things will swing back the other way much further in the next term.

Maybe that's true but in my mind something has changed. The threat of political violence - the openness of the racism and brutality - the fanatical supporters... All this is crystallizing into something more frightening than a shambling oaf that got lucky and a bunch of angry rednecks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement