Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yes I agree - and I don't want to seem like I don't. I wasn't thinking about the racism accusations, which I haven't informed myself about. Just a general impression. I don't think Al Franken's photo needed to have been career-ending for example.

Well it seems that its enough to end the career of a Dem, not a Rep though.

Arguably, Trumps "Grab them by..." should be more disqualifying than Frankens, but if you brazen it out, and have a big "R" by your name then you can get away with a whole lot

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Interesting that there were no other Democrats at the The Squads press conference , there was no one wanted to come out and stand beside them .

Trumps first set of tweets were a masterpiece, and the press conference yesterday was a great follow up.

The lines have been drawn, the Democrats have to decide do they align with The Squad who hate all things American , or if they think they will win 2020 by finding another path.

As you yourself mocked AOC for working her way up from bar-work to Congressional member, I challenge you as hating "all things American", because you've shown yourself to hate the very guiding principle of the "American Way if Life"; in that someone rolls up their sleeve and works their way to earn a shot. Maybe pause the rhetoric for a moment and think about the nature of those who you would otherwise praise.

"Hate all things American" - please explain this cos otherwise you're using the language of a McCarthyist demagogue. It's empty, superficial rhetoric used by those who'd rather ignore problems than actual propose solutions.

People who love their countries TRY TO MAKE THEM BETTER. They don't rest on laurels, and sure as heck don't mock those who live by the very ideals you claim to admire.

I called you a hypocrite in my post about AOC's previous employment - and I call you that again. No one who admires the American Work Ethic should admire a Trump, and while you're entitled to hate AOC's politics, that you twist her history, ultimately contradicting your self-righteousness, is telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Interesting that there were no other Democrats at the The Squads press conference , there was no one wanted to come out and stand beside them .

Remind me again who was at the press conference with Trump yesterday? Are we seeing the breakup of the GOP unity over this?

The lines certainly have been drawn, and you have classed open racism and sexism as a masterpiece. That says more about you that it even does about Trump. At least with Trump I can understand he is doing it for power.

You are doing it just because it makes you feel better that other suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Trumps first set of tweets were a masterpiece, and the press conference yesterday was a great follow up.

The lines have been drawn, the Democrats have to decide do they align with The Squad who hate all things American , or if they think they will win 2020 by finding another path.

If anything the Democrat party should thank Trump for his tweets, he has just forced the Democrat party to make a decision it was always going to have to make anyways.

Its decision time for the Democrat Party.

Do they align with the anti-American newly elected Congresswoman who do not appeal to the majority of their middle road supporters or swing voters or do they find a way to control 4 newly elected Congresswomen who are dragging their party apart and leading to a 2020 victory for DJT.

I'm not actually a fan of AOC in a few ways, but she is quite literally the American Dream.

Grew up quite poor, in a bad area, worked her ass off in school and then put herself through college while working as a Waitress. She worked and studied around the clock, met with people and got an interest in politics.

She spoke to people, learned their thoughts and campaigned and is now one of the youngest Congresswomen ever.

If she was Republican and White, Trump would have proposed by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Jesus, Trump's twitter dumps are particularly bad at the moment. He's doubling and trebling down on his racist rhetoric.

It's almost as if he'd cause civil unrest just to keep out of the jail he so richly deserves. I'm astounded at anyone trying to justify/translate his behaviour. How is he still President?

Any time you question this you need to remember, "sticking it to the libs" is a very strong motivation in their lives. Sad? Sure, obviously. Accurate? Yep.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Did AOC actually compare them to Nazi concentration camps?

Answer: No, she didn't. The "weaponization" of Jewish suffering in WWII has been a Republican construction used to divert from the issue.
    Concentration camps were *not* a Nazi invention: their use in subduing the Japanese population of the US is well documented.

So please, less of the hand wringing for the suffering of 70 years ago and refocus your disgust on the suffering of children right now, TODAY, in the United States.

peddlelies wrote: »
    Apologies, I was trying to find their stance on the matter on Wiki but I got lost somehow in the middle of all their controversies.

I don't care what their stance is, when I read what she wrote the first time I thought it was idiotic and I still do now. A secondary school history education will tell you that.

Cortez and her group poll terribly nationwide across America, forgive me if I don't swoon over her.

So negative poll numbers are relevant when it comes to Democrats, ok.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭pegasuspub

In all honesty I think the words Trump and Masterpiece do not belong in the same sentence, the last few years have demonstrated that to any logical person,
    in fact he has probably demonstrated that over many years
    there is no master plan, this guy is an idiot.

What has happened to Lindsey Graham? He was always a bit loopy, but he did have a certain integrity about him up until he saw his poll numbers in his home state when he was criticizing Trump I guess. Very sad so see how these men who are supposed to be leaders and representatives who give a voice to the masses turn into such lap dogs and cowards.

pegasuspub wrote: »
    In all honesty I think the words Trump and Masterpiece do not belong in the same sentence, the last few years have demonstrated that to any logical person,
    in fact he has probably demonstrated that over many years
    there is no master plan, this guy is an idiot.
    I don't think even rigolo believes that anymore. That 'masterpiece' post has all the hallmarks of a basic troll attempt: it doesn't even try to be engaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/jabinbotsford/status/1150855138086707200?s=19

Some have said on here that he has trouble reading, suggesting that perhaps we should feel some pity for him.

As far as I'm concerned, he can go and ....

"Low I.Q. Maxine Waters"?

The hypocrisy never stops.

He is trying to rile up the loony priest wing of the Dems.

It's working and they are brand killers for the Democrats.

Trump wants the Squad fired up and on TV every night, he wants Maxine fired up.

Why not get the Dems working for his re-election.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Danzy wrote: »

And its working too. Hissy fits everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

If anything the Democrat party should thank Trump for his tweets, he has just forced the Democrat party to make a decision it was always going to have to make anyways.

Its decision time for the Democrat Party.

Do they align with the anti-American newly elected Congresswoman who do not appeal to the majority of their middle road supporters or swing voters or do they find a way to control 4 newly elected Congresswomen who are dragging their party apart and leading to a 2020 victory for DJT.

They hate America and are anti-American, do you hear yourself? This is the logic of a 10 year old repeating what they hear their dad saying, are you 10 or simply a very uneducated person?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

The Nal wrote: »

That won't work. The Donald is the king of hissy fits.

They are predictable, Pelosi will also have to roll back the distancing from the crazies due to Trump doing this which is his whole intent.

They are party killers and as the well heeled activists bring more in, they will make the Dems unelectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Danzy, Nal.

Have you any comments on Trump's tweet.

Would you deem them racist?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I don't think even rigolo believes that anymore. That 'masterpiece' post has all the hallmarks of a basic troll attempt: it doesn't even try to be engaging.

Ahh the left play one of their stock retorts, anyone who presents another viewpoint they can always revert to saying they are trolling ...

Considering NO Democrat party member came out in favour of a parade in the Capital celebrating the 4th of July and AMerican Independance.

This was a masterpiece move by TRump.

No American pin flags worn by ANY Democrat candidate in he televised debate.
    No Democrat celebration of the 4th OF July Military parade
    Mexican flags been flown outside ICE centres with no Democrat condemnation .
    Democrat endorsement of athletes who refuse to sing or even stand for the AMerican National Anthem ..

TRumps tweets are just adding to the LARGE dossier of ANTI-AMERICAN sentiment the Democrat, the left and liberals are displaying.

Come 2020 when all these are being revisited , the swing voter undecided voter will have a choice for a pro-America or anti-American party, my bet (Ive already taken PPs odds) is on TRump getting that voters tick.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

That won't work. The Donald is the king of hissy fits.

The Donald is President of the United States of America not bad for someone you claim is the king of hissy fits.

The Squad are 4 newly elected congresswomen who's hissy fits are destroying their own party from within .

Ahh the left play one of their stock retorts, anyone who presents another viewpoint they can always revert to saying they are trolling ...

Considering NO Democrat party member came out in favour of a parade in the Capital celebrating the 4th of July and AMerican Independance.

Democrat endorsement of athletes who refuse to sing or even stand for the AMerican National Anthem ..

TRumps tweets are just adding to the LARGE dossier of ANTI-AMERICAN sentiment the Democrat, the left and liberals are displaying.

Come 2020 when all these are being revisited , the swing voter undecided voter will have a choice for a pro-America or anti-American party, my bet (Ive already taken PPs odds) is on TRump getting that voters tick.

Thankfully the swing voter are not as stupid as Trumps based (people like you) and can see through this American and Anti American crap you through to peddle, the swing voter are more interest in more important things like the economy, healthcare etc etc so try and concentrate on that

Danzy, Nal.

No, I could see how some in this heightened political atmosphere would stretch to thinking so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

who's hissy fits are destroying their own party from within .

Indeed. Trump would never do that now would he?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I think The Squad need to step back from this. They seem to have got just a little carried away with all the attention. It's understandable in the context of the latest tweets but like many of the rest of the Dems they are not playing smart politics at all. Smart politics suggests that they clear the bloated field ASAP. It also suggests that they plan out how to beat Trump and select accordingly. Finally they need to get behind their candidate. For now things are still pointing towards his reelection because he doesn't care how dirty he has to get to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Danzy, Nal.

Yes, racist, no question. Its a disgusting tactic but it is a tactic.

But that was the idea. Stoke the democrat fire, get them angry to the point where they all want to win, let them eat each other up, beat whats left in 2020.

None of these young women have a hope against him if they get the nomination.

No, I could see how some in this heightened political atmosphere would stretch to thinking so.

So telling people born in the US to go back to where they come from, how do you interpretate that? Consider AOC is more American than Trump that is quite funny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'll ask again, what are "Anti American" sentiments? Can you actually point to a manifesto or something tangible - you make these bold claims but don't back them up with meaningful evidence. This is an Irish internet forum, we're not impressed by tokenistic, superficial expressions of national pride. You would know this if you paid attention to reactions towards Poppy zealotry in the UK.

It's worth worth remembering that up until the 1960s, wrapping yourself in the US flag was considered desecration.

It comes off like you put more stock in wearing a meaningless piece of decor for your suit jacket than - say - working a menial job to climb your way up the economic and political ladder. Isn't the latter the true American Way? Regardless of politics, I'd have said that was to be admired, even if the person is not.

Seriously, I'm asking a serious question here because it's hard to take your comments at face value when you contradict the very "American" ideals you're condemning others for not possessing.

Yes, racist, no question. Its a disgusting tactic but it is a tactic.

But that was the idea. Stoke the democrat fire, get them angry to the point where they all want to win, let them eat each other up, beat whats left in 2020.

None of these young women have a hope against him if they get the nomination.

None of them are looking for the nomination..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

kilns wrote: »
    None of them are looking for the nomination..
    But they are looking to influence that nomination.

Ha, you've only turned your volume up to '11', you're not saying anything new!
    You are going full 1930's German Nationalism now. You *never* go full Nationalism. ...

kilns wrote: »
    Thankfully the swing voter are not as stupid as Trumps based (people like you) and can see through this American and Anti American crap you through to peddle, the swing voter are more interest in more important things like the economy, healthcare etc etc so try and concentrate on that

The economy is Trump's ace card.

It is red hot.

That and the campaign will be framed for the swing voters as a choice between him, who they might not like and a Democratic Party with a growing cabal of lunatics, who are deeply unpopular in America.

He'll say look, we are making lots of jobs great jobs, the best jobs and I'm the first President in a long time who isn't starting wars, bad wars, the worst wars.

He is building working class support with the illegals crackdown, reduction in overseas conflict and the middle class with a booming economy and stock market.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think The Squad need to step back from this. They seem to have got just a little carried away with all the attention. It's understandable in the context of the latest tweets but like many of the rest of the Dems they are not playing smart politics at all. Smart politics suggests that they clear the bloated field ASAP. It also suggests that they plan out how to beat Trump and select accordingly. Finally they need to get behind their candidate. For now things are still pointing towards his reelection because he doesn't care how dirty he has to get to do so.

I think Pelosi knows this and that is where the internal conflict comes from, but its is just policy conflict for the Dems, despite what Fox news will want to spin it as

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement