Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Oh there's plenty more examples alright, the man is a joke.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

MadYaker wrote: »
    That strat didn't really work for Clinton and Trump sneaked a load of the rust belt states as a result. There's about 30 - 35% of voters who will vote trump regardless but outside of that there are more moderate republicans and slightly right of centre voters who are probably horrified by Trumps antics and could be convinced to vote for a moderate democrat like Biden or some other centre left candidate. These are people the eventual democrat candidate needs to target.

Clinton ignored the rust belt and that cost her the election.
    Whoever runs for the Dems needs to extensively tour those states. I never said otherwise. :)
    What I mean, the MAGA heads, the gun nuts, the secret KKKers, Nazis, the real fanatical Trumpers, those people can be ignored since, as you say, they are not the majority, they will never turn, therefore it is a waste of time and effort trying to reach them.
    Trump's weakness is, he exclusively panders to those. And since he lives in his right-wing hate bubble, he won't even realise how the majority slips from his grasp. He will simply double down, since the crowds at his rallies will just adore him and he won't want to know anything else.
    If the democratic candidate targets everyone outside that cesspit, they have a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Cody montana

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Who would have though a Senator from Chicago would add $9 trillion to the US Debt and force his successor to pay off that debt when interest rates are much higher and with reduced Fed contributions to treasury.

Diversion tactics AGAIN!
    Why won’t/can’t you ever address the point being discussed.

The economy is apparently roaring, why are they increasing the debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Obama publicly backing Michigan governor Rick Snyder after Snyder and his cronies were responsible for poisoning the people of that state was a huge mistake and badly hurt Clinton's chances in that state at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

Diversion tactics AGAIN!
    Why won’t/can’t you ever address the point being discussed.

The economy is apparently roaring, why are they increasing the debt?

It's simple. Economy does well under Republican, it's obviously because he's a genius.
    Economy collapses, that's market forces for you, nothing anyone could have done.
    Under a democrat, if the market does well, market forces, etc...
    If it crashes, it's because he's an idiot and ruined the economy by his incompetence.
    Jesus, do ye people not realize a certain poster just posts by a certain playbook?
    Why bother?
    He's not going to engage or post anything coherent other than propaganda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭Christy42

Really?

Ok, how many would you like? We can start with these two

1. Faking medical condition to dodge the draft is pretty high on a list of cowardice?

2. Refusing to confront Putin and absolutely humiliating himself, his office and his country by not having the courage to confront the leader of the country responsible for interfering in the U.S. general election?

Trump is your stereotypical bully, a complete and total coward on the inside.

That he is also a narcissist just adds to it and means we get such classics as that time the guy who is scared of, wind, eagles, the rain, condoms and also seemingly contradictorily germs, claimed he would have run into the school in Parklands to confront the shooter - even if he didn't have a weapon.

We can add insulting world leaders while miles away but is all smiles up close as if they couldn't hear him. A memorable moment being the g8 when he started tweeting about them when he left the plan.

He slagged May off in the sun but his conviction wilted when stood beside her.

As you say he is a bully and slips down pretty badly when people confront him in person.

Also a racist. That bit keeps getting left off by those defending him and I am really not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Christy42 wrote: »
    We can add insulting world leaders while miles away but is all smiles up close as if they couldn't hear him. A memorable moment being the g8 when he started tweeting about them when he left the plan.

He slagged May off in the sun but his conviction wilted when stood beside her.

As you say he is a bully and slips down pretty badly when people confront him in person.

Also a racist. That bit keeps getting left off by those defending him and I am really not sure why.

I suppose that if you are genuinely of the belief that 'brown people' - as a Texan of my acquaintance calls them - do not count, are not really people, or at least not people that matter, then the term 'racist' could be a bit confusing, 'why are people so hung up on it? Why does it matter?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Theres lots of debate on the causes of said recession, many theories and still many books and paerps been written on same, its interesting that you feel sure enough to know it all was caused by Bush between 2000 and 2008

The anti-Trumpers favourite 'Lolita Express' frequent flyer Bill Clinton can NO DOUBT take his share.

There is a significant case to be made that alot of the financial deregulation that led to the crash of 2008 was enacted in the GrammLeachBailey act of 1999 which allowed banks to diversify into securities and insurance.
    The GLA act of 1999 also repealed many of the Glass Seagall Act of 1933 measures preventing the SEC from regulating this new multi-faceted banking organisations with cross contamination to the larger investment holding companies.
    The GLA was signed into law by Billie boy .

Then we also have to consider the appointment of Andrew Cuomo as head of the HUD by Bill Clinton in 97, Cuomo held sway for a number of years and made many Fannie Mae Freddie Mac friendly decisions that led to 2008 recession. The HUD went on to push a massive housing initiative to give housing to lower income families, part of the CRA act , anyone wanna buy some sub-prime mortgages.

Once again the anti-Trumpers have issues with history and can only go so far back .

Classic oh look over there diversion tactics. That may work with your fellow trump lovers but not around here. That stuff has NOTHING to do with the deficit. Point is that under that lunatic Trump in office the deficit is at record highs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It rather looks as though the Republicans have decided, not so much 'if you can't beat em, join em' in reference to Trump, but if he is going to use race as his preferred method of dividing the country in pursuit of his re-election then they will find ways of going along with him. This will be the theme of his campaign.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/trump-squad-political-strategy/index.html

Meanwhile the double-think is off to a great start with a comment from Rep. Mike Kelly who claims he is not offended by Trumps remarks because he is a person of colour - white.
    "Attempts by Democrats and the media to divide and define us by race are harmful. We need to elevate our level of discussion," Kelly said in the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1151601571869974529?s=19

Despicable. Utterly, utterly despicable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

everlast75 wrote: »

More projection. How many questionable comments about Ivanka have we heard through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Despicable. Utterly, utterly despicable.

You'd better save that post in some kind of macro to save you from un-necessary typing.... You'll be using it an awful lot between now and November 2020...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Another Don Trump "fact" tweeted publicly so he cant double down on the fact that he stated that its a fact while claiming he knows nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

So Donald Trump thinks anyone who criticises the US are been somehow unpatriotic and should move back to their country of origin.
    What exactly did he do throughout the 2016 campaign but constantly criticize the US.
    His rallying cry of "drain the swamp" was a terrible indictment of the US and its policy makers.
    But now any criticism of govt policy is unpatriotic and a sign that you are ungrateful in some way.
    The irony is strong.

Barr and Ross both voted by the House to be in criminal contempt over the census 2020 dispute.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Barr and Ross both voted by the House to be in criminal contempt over the census 2020 dispute
    A meaningless gesture in the current climate. The House has no power to take any real action against them. The more subpoenas and subsequent contempt votes that the House issues, the more meaningless they become until someone suffers some real consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

The anti-Trumpers favourite 'Lolita Express' frequent flyer

Really? You don't think that it's Trump himself is deserving of this wonderful title? While we only have your word on an irrelevant former president, I can direct you to very relevant court documents that describe in lurid detail the perversions of the current president, TRump and his acavities on your "Lolita Express" - assuming you prefer to use the more innocent term 'Lolita' in place of the more correct 'under age girls'.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

joe40 wrote: »
    So Donald Trump thinks anyone who criticises the US are been somehow unpatriotic and should move back to their country of origin.
    What exactly did he do throughout the 2016 campaign but constantly criticize the US.
    His rallying cry of "drain the swamp" was a terrible indictment of the US and its policy makers.
    But now any criticism of govt policy is unpatriotic and a sign that you are ungrateful in some way.
    The irony is strong.

Draining the swamp by filling Washington with his own family who have no qualifications, and putting lobbyists in charge of agencies. That's worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭nw5iytvs0lf1uz

Really?

Ok, how many would you like? We can start with these two

1. Faking medical condition to dodge the draft is pretty high on a list of cowardice?

2. Refusing to confront Putin and absolutely humiliating himself, his office and his country by not having the courage to confront the leader of the country responsible for interfering in the U.S. general election?

Trump is your stereotypical bully, a complete and total coward on the inside.

That he is also a narcissist just adds to it and means we get such classics as that time the guy who is scared of, wind, eagles, the rain, condoms and also seemingly contradictorily germs, claimed he would have run into the school in Parklands to confront the shooter - even if he didn't have a weapon.

Regards draft dodging many Americans did this and many have since been pardoned
    What would you have done. Would you have went to Vietnam to murder innocent people in a meaningless war.

America has interfered in many elections around the world. Should trump do an Obama and go on a world apology and forgiveness tour.

The rest of your post is just ramblings.

I get many here don’t like trump and He can say racist things and deserves calling out over it
    But your reasons for him being a coward like many posts here about trump are false and hysterical
    You and many here like the Democrats are guilty of not taking trump and his actions seriously
    He will 2020 because of people like you letting him win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Every day that Trump remains in office brings more and more reasons why he shouldn't be in charge of anything and should in all likelihood be in jail.

However it really doesn't matter what we here, the Democrats in US, those few Republicans who oppose him or those Americans who see him for what he is, argue; as his supporters/enablers don't care. They are content with the world Trump has brought into being. And if anything goes wrong, it doesn't matter as it's always someone else's fault or it's a conspiracy or it wasn't meant in that way etc.

Americas regression is accelerating under Trump and it would appear that there is an appetite for the con Trump is selling regardless of logic, reason, decency etc. I'm finding difficult to see how America will undo what he's wrought after he's gone. It's utterly depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭Christy42

What would you have done. Would you have went to Vietnam to murder innocent people in a meaningless war.

America has interfered in many elections around the world. Should trump do an Obama and go on a world apology and forgiveness tour.

I get many here don’t like trump and He can say racist things and deserves calling out over it
    But your reasons for him being a coward like many posts here about trump are false and hysterical
    You and many here like the Democrats are guilty of not taking trump and his actions seriously

Muhammad Ali didn't fight and did it bravely. Americas actions are largely irrelevant. America has bombed many countries. Should they have said thank you sir to the Boston bombers? The same logic doesn't really hold up.

You also ignore the fact that he defended Putin to the hilt on this topic and even went so far as to insist he had proof Russia was not involved (still waiting).

Trump may win next year but it will be down to the people voting for him. They shoulder the blame for the harm he does.

You are right that the racism should take center stage. All his voters need to accept that whatever their reasons they are voting for a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's pretty cowardly too. I mean, why is he so afraid to own the accusation like a real man. You know, like the kind of one who tells Putin to knock it off or tells Gorbechev to tear down that wall instead of "I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia. I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be."

Instead Trump qualifies it with "I know nothing about that". That's the kind of sh!te you get from some cliche teen movie where some b-level, cliche bitchy teen spreads some rumours about a better person.

The President, ladies and gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Funny how the Republicans stopped the 9/11 First responders funding bill that is co-sponsored by Ilhan Omar who they call unpatriotic and trump specifically wants to send her back to her country of origin.

Doesn't matter what I'd have done, nor the excuses you make for the behavior, doesn't matter if you perceive my post to be ramblings. You asked for examples of cowardly behavior and you were given them, and not just by me. Whether he wins in 2020 will have absolutely nothing to do with me, I don't have a vote. He is hurting himself at the minute though providing free energy to Democratic base, still plenty of time to correct this though and will surely keep flinging **** at the wall till something sticks. Maybe he will be able to get enough of his base out, who knows.

The man is a coward. An insecure, hyper emotional coward. You know this deep down though, the tough talk is just that. Talk, nothing to back it up. Its as plain as the nose on your face brother.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    A meaningless gesture in the current climate. The House has no power to take any real action against them. The more subpoenas and subsequent contempt votes that the House issues, the more meaningless they become until someone suffers some real consequences.

The House can take some action against them but I'd doubt they will bother, they can also now bring court proceedings against them but given its William Barr's justice department I'd say the two buckos are safe enough myself also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The chants at last night's rally of mostly white people?

"SEND HER BACK"

Anyone who doesn't recognize this as dangerous racist behaviour best read some history books, or any books for that matter.

Its not "clever". Call it a "strategy" if you want, as if the ends justifies the means, but it'll tear the country part, hurt masses of people, provoke violence. If that's okay with you, in order to "own the libs", then you'd want to have a long hard look at yourself.

Not calling this what it is can only mean you're okay with racism. Own it.

It will be counter productive though in the long run, sure his brainwashed masses will lap it up. They will parrot and excuse anything, we have seen that in this very thread on a regular basis.

It is going to help the Democrats too though as it provides a energy to anybody who isn't lost already to really understand that no matter who the candidate will be, they simply must remove this stain from the office.

First time I've felt positive about them actually taking back the WH, Trump is doing the work for them of ensuring their voters don't become complacent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,272 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

On the subject of cowardice, it is well documented that Trump doesn't even have the stones to fire anyone and will instruct a lackey to do it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,401 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

looksee wrote: »
    It rather looks as though the Republicans have decided, not so much 'if you can't beat em, join em' in reference to Trump, but if he is going to use race as his preferred method of dividing the country in pursuit of his re-election then they will find ways of going along with him. This will be the theme of his campaign.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/trump-squad-political-strategy/index.html

Meanwhile the double-think is off to a great start with a comment from Rep. Mike Kelly who claims he is not offended by Trumps remarks because he is a person of colour - white.

Don’t you mean Orange?

Trump is a racist, he’s also a classist, an atheist, a sexist and what’s the word for someone who hates ugly people?

In Short, he’s a pig ignorant self serving narcissistic who only likes people who he thinks are completely on his side, ie. his cronies and sycophants, and even then he barely likes those people and is perfectly happy to insult them and stab them in the back when he thinks they can’t see him.

He’s also incredibly stupid and short sighted and lacks any self control so he is happy to sell out allies in public where they will easily find out about it, if it will make himself look good to a different crowd of sycophants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It will be counter productive though in the long run, sure his brainwashed masses will lap it up. They will parrot and excuse anything, we have seen that in this very thread on a regular basis.

It is going to help the Democrats too though as it provides a energy to anybody who isn't lost already to really understand that no matter who the candidate will be, they simply must remove this stain from the office.

First time I've felt positive about them actually taking back the WH, Trump is doing the work for them of ensuring their voters don't become complacent

This racist rhetoric will outrage most decent American.
    A shameful episode in America’s history.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement