Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

DrumSteve wrote: »
    What's he gone through?

The justice system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

MrFresh wrote: »
    The justice system.

If things were that black and white then Trump by your definition up to this point hasn't committed any crimes.

He's gone through the justice system has he not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

batgoat wrote: »
    You're not very subtle at painting Mueller in a particular light who constantly treated the investigation professionally and assessed the findings in a professional manner. Meanwhile Flynn is a criminal who conducted himself terribly.

In fairness, all the reports I've seen from yesterday said more or less the same thing: Obama's Chief Election Strategist, David Axelrod put it most succinctly when he tweeted "This is very, very painful."

Flynn is a "casualty of war" in that his hubris led him to get ahead of his skis. I think there is some room for sympathy for his plight(albeit self-inflicted) as his 'crime' was well down the league tab!e of wrongdoing. He served his country in uniform for years, and it's is an ignominious end for a military man to end up more or less bankrupted by being caught up in events. When you compare what he may have done with what the likes of Manafort got away with for decades (I won't speak to Stone) he's really a bit player- a bit like Papadopolus. I'll bet they regret the day they ever heard of Trump!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

peddlelies wrote: »
    If things were that black and white then Trump by your definition up to this point hasn't committed any crimes.

He's gone through the justice system has he not?

No he hasn't. The Justice Dept won't prosecute a sitting president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Strange how your standards change when it comes to Trump.

Mueller, in my opinion, is not all there. I think for most people that was evident yesterday.

Trump doesn't do anything well though and actively lies and mocks as part of his speaking style. That's called being a bully.

• Advertisement

MrFresh wrote: »
    No he hasn't. The Justice Dept won't prosecute a sitting president.

Impeachment won't happen either because the Dem's are standoffish and there's no bi partisan support for it, and there's a reason for that. Trump hasn't done anything illegality wise that rises to the level that you wish it to be. I think deep down many people who condemn this administration which is their right, know that.

If the Mueller report had a single line such as "Trump instructed person X to meet with Russian Y to discuss a strategy for email dissemination" or anything similar to that effect directly implicating Trump in 2016 election interference activities, even newly wedded Trump sycophants like Lindsey Graham would have changed their tune sharpish and impeachment proceedings would begin.

As Peter Strzok so delicately put it, "There's no big there, there".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Who put him up on that stage knowing his condition?

Something to really think about indeed.

I was referring to trump and mueller.
    You know that though.
    Take your pick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mueller, in my opinion, is not all there. I think for most people that was evident yesterday.

This is ridiculous.

He was hamstrung by orders from the DOJ. There’s no way anyone could memorise that entire report. He seemed sharp enough to me when it was needed.

How long was he questioned for? 6-8 hours? 3 hours in and I would barely remember my own name and I am half his age.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Do you know what else was evident?

That Trump obstructed justice, multiple times, that he lied and impeded the investigation, that he and his cronies tried to profit off dealing with foreign countries.

Mad, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

On top of that Epstein found in his cell unconscious and with neck injuries. It's being treated as a suicide attempt.

This makes me think that this aspect of Trump's heinous existence may be about to close with out him being dragged down. Dammit.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Do you know what else was evident?

That Trump obstructed justice multiple times

That's your opinion. He's not been charged with anything, you wouldn't make a great lawyer.
    that he lied and impeded the investigation

@RepDougCollins: "At anytime of the investigation was your investigation curtailed or stopped or hindered?"

Mueller: "No."
    that he and his cronies tried to profit off dealing with foreign countries

Scummy yet common Practice in politics. I wonder how Tony Podesta is getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Bit of an exaggeration on my part to be fair :o

I feel a bit bad for Mueller today, the soundbites of him stumbling are doing the rounds in the media and online and that's unfair I feel. He's an old man who's age has clearly affected him negatively. His reputation has been dented badly by yesterdays proceedings.

Nothing wrong with Mueller other than trying to bend backwards sticking to the report produced. His reputation is perfectly in tact, afterall it was the GOP/Trump who have been trying to ruin his reputation since he was appointed. It is Scummy Nunes & co whose already bad reputation is in tatters after their abject performance yesterday, if anything some of their questions helped the case against Bankrupt-Trump.

Also, do you also feel bad when the Loser president goes on his regular incoherent twitter rants?
    On the other hand I think of people like General Flynn and what he's gone through...
    Ahh boo hoo, all Traitor Flynn had to do was tell truth but as a Trump surrogate that's impossible to do so now he's a convicted felon.

That's your opinion. He's not been charged with anything, you wouldn't make a great lawyer.

What about the 1000 plus former federal prosecutors with over 12,000 years of experience who say otherwise.

Are you saying they are all not "great lawyers"?

@RepDougCollins: "At anytime of the investigation was your investigation curtailed or stopped or hindered?"

Mueller: "No."

Scummy yet common Practice in politics. I wonder how Tony Podesta is getting on.

But the president did try to get him fired.. That was an attempt to hinder it.

FatherTed wrote: »

Ahh boo hoo, all Traitor Flynn had to do was tell truth but as a Trump surrogate that's impossible to do so now he's a convicted felon.

I'll enjoy re-reading posts like this once Barr and Horrowitz get through with their investigations.

batgoat wrote: »
    But the president did try to get him fired.. That was an attempt to hinder it.

An attempt yes but ultimately it had no impact on the investigation itself beyond giving the SC solid obstruction of justice talking points.

That's no defense of Trump, he's an idiot for ordering Mueller fired. It would have been good for Dem's because there's no way he would have survived it.

An attempt yes but ultimately it had no impact on the investigation itself beyond giving the SC solid obstruction of justice talking points.

You do realise that even if the attempt to obstruct justice was not successful, its still Obstruction of Justice, which is a crime?

(You wouldn't make a very good lawyer....)

On top of that Epstein found in his cell unconscious and with neck injuries. It's being treated as a suicide attempt.

This makes me think that this aspect of Trump's heinous existence may be about to close with out him being dragged down. Dammit.

The thing is... He was already reported as being on suicide watch... So, either the watchers.. didn't.... Or someone else... did... ??

That's no defense of Trump, he's an idiot for ordering Mueller fired. It would have been good for Dem's because there's no way he would have survived it.
    And it was one of twelve instances to undermine the investigation... Do you think that's acceptable behaviour for a person in high office?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

VinLieger wrote: »
    Not only was it a specific double headed eagle that is part of the Russian coat of Arms, along with the golf clubs it was also clutching wads of cash, the stars on the flag are replaced with a hammer and sickle and the banner reads "45 is a puppet"

https://i.imgur.com/GosXIRr.jpg

Fair play to whoever pulled this off

They've been fired now anyway. Still not sure if it was intentional or they're saying it may have been a case the person googled for the presidential seal and downloaded that one (possibly due to larger image size or something). Fired them nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Penn wrote: »
    They've been fired now anyway. Still not sure if it was intentional or they're saying it may have been a case the person googled for the presidential seal and downloaded that one (possibly due to larger image size or something). Fired them nonetheless.

If I'm reading the coverage correctly , I don't think that could have been the case.

As I've read it , there were 3 images projected across the wall in the room , the 2 outside images were the correct one , but only the one in the middle immediately over the podium was the spoof one.

Either way though, I agree ,the person is definitely fired and will endure the full "treatment" by TSA every time they transit through an airport at the very least..

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Either way though, I agree ,the person is definitely fired and will endure the full "treatment" by TSA every time they transit through an airport at the very least..

Very harsh for simply telling the truth....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Penn wrote: »

Who is it I wonder? Hope they set up a crowdfunding website. I'd be happy to donate.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The thing is... He was already reported as being on suicide watch... So, either the watchers.. didn't.... Or someone else... did... ??

Further to this, I've been looking at some of tge YouTube videos from the past 5 or 6 years dealing with cases brought against Epstein (and others). The thing that really strikes me is that Epstein is actually in grave danger of being 'taken out' right now. If I was him, I'd be ensuring that video depositions were taken ASAP in which he can spill the beans on all those in the black book who may fear his testimony. Otherwise, he remains a prime target for silencing. Once he gets everything on tape, duly deposed, it will remain as evidence even if he is sleeping with the fishes.. That may ease the threat on him, as anyone identified as a threat would become a suspect if anything (else) happens to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

On the other hand I think of people like General Flynn and what he's gone through...

Yes, I think of Flynn too, but I don’t feel bad for him. In fact I’m incredibly annoyed that a criminal and a traitor to his country, such as Flynn isn’t locked up in prison for for the rest of his life!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,004 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Don't dump pics here please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Further to this, I've been looking at some of tge YouTube videos from the past 5 or 6 years dealing with cases brought against Epstein (and others). The thing that really strikes me is that Epstein is actually in grave danger of being 'taken out' right now. If I was him, I'd be ensuring that video depositions were taken ASAP in which he can spill the beans on all those in the black book who may fear his testimony. Otherwise, he remains a prime target for silencing. Once he gets everything on tape, duly deposed, it will remain as evidence even if he is sleeping with the fishes.. That may ease the threat on him, as anyone identified as a threat would become a suspect if anything (else) happens to him.

This was exactly what I had been thinking when I saw it.

I think Jeffrey isn't long for this world anyway at this stage.

This was exactly what I had been thinking when I saw it.

I think Jeffrey isn't long for this world anyway at this stage.

The prosecutors may actually be forced to take him out of the Manhattan Corrections system and provide 24/7 monitoring to ensure that the justice system finally delivers for his alleged victims, regardless of whomever in power and privilege share culpability for his alleged crimes.

New York Post is reporting that he is now back in his cell following treatment for injuries to his neck and remains on suicide watch (which I assume will now be even more 'watchful' than previously. )

I'll enjoy re-reading posts like this once Barr and Horrowitz get through with their investigations.

But will you though? Or will you enjoy the re-reading ONLY if you like the Barr/Horowitz findings. What if you don't like them; what if they don't fit your set of 'truths' about the oranges (sry! ) of the Russia election interference counter-inteligence probes (waaaay before Mueller was appointed as Special Counsel)? Will you still enjoy the re-read if the findings are 180 degrees from what you currently believe? Will you deny them or will you be willing to change your beliefs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It will be like the IG report all over again would be my take.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement