Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Mueller investigaton started in 2017 and ended in 2019. Republicans claim this when the Russian investigation actually began. They often state the Steele dossier was the catalyst.

You referring to a secret internal probe by the FBI in 2016. I agree with you offically this probe was started because of Papadopolus.

In my mind the entire probe started in 2015 and 2016. When hilary campaign team hired Fusion GPS to dig up dirty about Trump. Fusion GPS send Steele to Russia and other countries and steele paid foreign nationals money for info. Information in the dossier is mostly conspiratorial and it claimed Trump was an active measures agent for the Russian government.

OK. Glad we got that sorted out... Agreement on facts is a great start to a useful discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Almost the entire media is suffering from mad psychosis. The best evidence they have Trump was recruited by Russia is a pee tape allegation. I tell you right now if this was a weird sexual fantasy he enjoyed, more women would have came forward and made similar allegations.

The GRU somehow figured out Trump would run for President in 2013 '( they had read Trump mind) and they went ahead bugged his hotel room and recorded him, gotcha. You have to be really dumb on another level to believe this story.

During the Mccarthy era and many people seem to have forgotten this scandal, unfounded accusations were made and many people suffered were unjustly accused and declared communists. The Russiasgate story is not all that different, if you voiced a different opinion, you were called a Russian bot and I was often be called this on forums.

"People for there own reason seem overly confident the CIA and NSA would not lie about Russian meddling and interference. Official news for two years now said, just wait Mueller will take down Trump and he will prove collusion and we be right all this time. They ran breaking news stories every night intelligence sources said this and that and they had intelligence Trump and Putin conspired to win the election. End turned out to just fake news

Today Mueller findings are now in doubt Misfud is now believed to be not Russian agent and he was in fact an western intelligence asset. If Mueller intelligence sources are passing him fake info why would you believe much of other evidence in the report?

I have my own reasons to doubt the US intelligence narrative the GRU hacked the DNC in June 2016 and I posting new info on conspiracy forums about it. Just going to say someone connected with the Seth Rich case has filed a defamation suit against the media and may end up in court.

Personally, I don't think you can make too much of Russian interference in another country's electoral process, especially when there's concrete proof of it happening.

But you quite answered my question there anyway - the fact that you're posting about this on conspiracy forums is enough for me. You're obviously not looking for credibility here, I think that's fair to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

So in good news hour. I see trumps conservative judicial appointments are barring fruit.

The Supreme Court has un blocked the 9th circuit courts injunction, and released the 2.5 Billion from the pentagon. To go towards the boarder wall.

Of course the dems are calling it Trumps vanity project.

Hi h just forgot to add. He has 10 more judges on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mad muffin wrote: »
    So in good news hour. I see trumps conservative judicial appointments are barring fruit.

The Supreme Court has in blocked the 9th circuit courts injunction, and released the 2.5 Billion from the pentagon. To go towards the boarder wall.

So Mexico *won't* pay for the wall after all?

But Trump promised!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,566 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The Supreme Court has in blocked the 9th circuit courts injunction, and released the 2.5 Billion from the pentagon. To go towards the boarder wall.

Trump proving he is nothing but a liar, the laughing stock of the world at this stage.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    So Mexico *won't* pay for the wall after all?

But Trump promised!?!?!

Well… no ones is 100 percent perfect. But it’s worth the price just to see liberals lose their collective minds over it.

But after this

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-latin-america-49134544

Who knows. Mexico might pay or at least contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So everyone acknowledges that Russia interfered in 2016, and clearly on the basis of helping Trump.

Do Trump supporters really not think that this alone is enough to put Trump under serious investigation as to whether he is compromised?

Russia has shown an ability to interfere and as such can easily interfere again. So Trump warns Putin about whatever, and Putin tin simply waves the 2016 result and says he will do it again either for Trump or DNC.

The fact that Trump has done nothing to limit it next time should be sending massive alarm bells across the entire nation.

Trump proving he is nothing but a liar, the laughing stock of the world at this stage.

You know who else thought that? Everyone who doubted trump could win 2016.

Sure he can be prone to grandiosity even stooping to the level of a guttersnipe with his tweets but I’m sure there is a level of trolling the left in it.

I mean look how he trolled the dems with the “squad” forced them to rally around their more extreme party members. He didn’t even have to name them. They outed themselves. Lol. That was just a master stroke.

The “squad”think they’re at the same level as trump. He’s got decades over them at this.

People doubted Trump could win based on previous voter norms.

Not liking outright liars, people openly in politics purely for personal gain, against a person that only said something to get their vote but never believed it.

But what wasn't factored in was how much people were prepared to set aside all previous standards on the basis of getting back at others. The rise of not caring about your position but more focused on doing whatever to annoy the other side.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So everyone acknowledges that Russia interfered in 2016, and clearly on the basis of helping Trump.

Do Trump supporters really not think that this alone is enough to put Trump under serious investigation as to whether he is compromised?

Russia has shown an ability to interfere and as such can easily interfere again. So Trump warns Putin about whatever, and Putin tin simply waves the 2016 result and says he will do it again either for Trump or DNC.

The fact that Trump has done nothing to limit it next time should be sending massive alarm bells across the entire nation.

Really? Who is everyone? Only the democrats and the never trumpers, leftist liberals. Not even Mueller.

What should be ringing massive alarm bells is stunts like this:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1562921001

Aoc is supporting a walkout by Wayfair employees because the company is now
    Making beds and furniture for the detention centres.

What do they want? For them to sleep on the floors? It’s like we are living in bizzaro world.

Then aoc come up with this little gem
    "Wayfair workers couldn’t stomach they were making beds to cage children," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "They asked the company to stop. CEO said no."

Making beds to cage children. Maaaking beeeeds tooo caaage children. Wow.

Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., whose district includes Wayfair's headquarters, said she stands in solidarity of those walking out on Wednesday.
    "We must actively #resist any & all efforts by this cruel, incompetent administration to cage children and separate families," she tweeted. "I proudly stand in solidarity w/ the hardworking individuals at #Wayfair who are walking out in the name of #justice & humanity."

NO BEDS FOR YOU!

They just want to virtue signal and hound Trump. They don’t actually want to fix the problem. And they have the power to fix it.

You can’t make this stuff up. The liberals are nuts, and the Democratic Party is insidious.

Aoc and her ilk are far more dangerous for America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Why change your username?

Handy to see these precedents being set, I'm sure the Democrats will take full advantage when declaring climate emergency powers and guns etc.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Well… no ones is 100 percent perfect. But it’s worth the price just to see liberals lose their collective minds

Failing on promises to own the libs.

The mental gymnastics are quite something to behold.

Mueller 100% says Russia interfered. There is no question about it. Even Trump doesn't bothered with trying to lie about that.

You seem to be mixing up me saying Russia interfered with Trump having colluded. Which I didn't say.

So care to actually deal with my point about Trump being open to compromise or you just want to try to talk about AOC or whomever you think is a good talking point?

Really? Who is everyone? Only the democrats and the never trumpers, leftist liberals. Not even Mueller.

What should be ringing massive alarm bells is stunts like this:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1562921001

Aoc is supporting a walkout by Wayfair employees because the company is now
    Making beds and furniture for the detention centres.

What do they want? For them to sleep on the floors? It’s like we are living in bizzaro world.

Then aoc come up with this little gem

Making beds to cage children. Maaaking beeeeds tooo caaage children. Wow.

Rep. Ayanna Pressley, D-Mass., whose district includes Wayfair's headquarters, said she stands in solidarity of those walking out on Wednesday.

NO BEDS FOR YOU!

They just want to virtue signal and hound Trump. They don’t actually want to fix the problem. And they have the power to fix it.

You can’t make this stuff up. The liberals are nuts, and the Democratic Party is insidious.

Aoc and her ilk are far more dangerous for America.

WoW!!

A Wayfair boycott should ring massive alarm bells.... But, interference in US government elections by a hostile foreign power should not???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I've heard manys an equivocation for Trump's manner on Twitter, but never heard it as being a "guttersnipe"; as if he's some mischievous, loveable scamp. Though anyone who celebrates the man purely as a troll to liberals should have their bona fides questioned. The highest political office shouldn't occupy the position of Chief Troll, that's patently asinine.

Let's not forget this week he chatted about nuking a country and killing 10s of millions, as it were a passing thought. Then caused chaos in the Indian parliament because of a bare faced lie (edit: while with the Pakistani president) that the ruling party had asked Trump to be an honest broker in negotiations over Kashmir. Border wars have been started over less, nevermind friggin' KASHMIR.

He's a lier and a blowhard. His "Mexico will pay" the start of a long long list of promises and boasts that never occupied anything resembling reality, with his peacemaker nonsense the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

everlast75 wrote: »
    Failing on promises to own the libs.

The mental gymnastics are quite something to behold.

But there is no such grouping as lefty liberals in the US.

It quite literally doesn't exist.

The term is meaningless.

Its basically a pseudonym for 'anyone that doesn't agree with me'. I love when people use it because it shows them up for the Facebook morons they are.

Aaaand there it is. If you can’t beat them. Insult them.

Leftist mantra number 2. After leftists mantra number 1. Do as I say not as I do.

What is it about the left? Until I came along into your little sanctum sanctorum of trump bashing threads. Up to 6. That’s impressive. You guys don’t like your world view challenged? Makes you feel uncomfortable if you can’t bash away in privacy?

Or is it because Trump is dismantling the left bit by bit. Soon with more conservative judge appointments he’ll be unchallenged in the courts. Does that scare you?

Does it scare you that Mueller and the 14 angry democrats couldn’t find enough to pin on trump?

Is it that he wants secure borders?

Cause America loves him (except the liberals of course) and will vote him back in 2020 as surely as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Another interesting week lies ahead.

It looks like the Impeachment investigation will be going after Don Mr Gahn's failure to appear before the House. Also, the Judiciary Committee attempts to gain access to the Grand Jury testimony will lead to hand to hand combat in the Courts.

On the other hand, the DoJ Durham investigation seems to be zeroing in on possible tapes of Popadopolus conversation(s) with Downer, which he (P) claims will surface when (if??) Mifsud is deposed by Durham. It could be another blind alley, but P tweeted as much last week. No doubt, the provenance of the information that P passed on to Downer needs to be established beyond doubt. Jim Jordan was very strong on this at the Mueller hearing during the week, and he did raise pertinent questions on Mifsud that Mueller couldn't/wouldn't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

mad muffin wrote:
    What is it about the left? Until I came along into your little sanctum sanctorum of trump bashing threads. Up to 6. That’s impressive. You guys don’t like your world view challenged? Makes you feel uncomfortable if you can’t bash away in privacy?

Most of the anti Trump crowd in Ireland are not left wing. They probably vote for Fine Gael or Labour.

One of the bizarre ironies of Irish people's interest in American politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Cause America loves him (except the liberals of course) and will vote him back in 2020 as surely as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

Suspect my 76 year old uncle in the US will be amused that he's now viewed as a liberal because he views Trump as a cluster ****...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Most of the anti Trump crowd in Ireland are not left wing. They probably vote for Fine Gael or Labour.

One of the bizarre ironies of Irish people's interest in American politics.

It's hard to have a serious discussion with people when it amounts to cheerleading and asinine shotgun insults about "leftists", for simply pointing out - say - Trumps colossal balls up of a simple meet & greet with the Pakistani PM. If you sniff about the "anti TRump crowd", then sports-fan posting that amounts to "nyah nyah, you lost liberals!!", is hardly a stunning improvement of debating, now is it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,566 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Deleted post.

I've been called a "leftist" quite a few times on here, I don't hate it, I just see it as a childish tag that some people choose to use.

The best is I'm more right of center than left, go figure.

pixelburp wrote:
    It's hard to have a serious discussion with people when it amounts to cheerleading and asinine shotgun insults about "leftists", for simply pointing out - say - Trumps colossal balls up of a simple meet & greet with the Pakistani PM. If you sniff about the "anti TRump crowd", then sports-fan posting that amounts to "nyah nyah, you lost liberals!!", is hardly a stunning improvement of debating, now is it?

I'm not slagging off the Left. I'm pointing out that the idea that anti Trump people in Ireland are all left wing is totally false.

In Irish definitions, the Democrats would be centre or centre right. Irish people who sympathise with the Democrats would be considered Centre or centre right.

I've been called a "leftist" quite a few times on here, I don't hate it, I just see it as a childish tag that some people choose to use.

This is how we're getting Americainised with Irish people mistaking left and right wing meanings.

I’m very well aware that the democrats are right wing and not left.

The dems are the party for slavery. KKK. And the Jim Crow laws. But after the Democratic debates they have shifted to the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

I'm not slagging off the Left. I'm pointing out that the idea that anti Trump people in Ireland are all left wing is totally false.

In Irish definitions, the Democrats would be centre or centre right. Irish people who sympathise with the Democrats would be considered Centre or centre right.

The Democrats are a very broad church with huge spectrum of opinion and that's why you get infighting and disagreements.

The Republican party is pretty much the party of white supremacy and naked kleptocracy now. Those Republicans with any sort of real principles, like Amash and Evan McMullin, have left it. Those who are not white supremacists who remain in the party in Congress, like Romney, have provided no real opposition to Trump and have gone down the road of appeasement.

Pretty much the entirety of the Irish political spectrum, from Fine Gael and Fianna Fail right over to Ruth Coppinger etc., would be Democrats if they were in the US.

Only the fringe loonies on the right like Renua and the National Party would be Republicans.

Ah, fair enough, my mistake. Equally bizarre are presumed Irish cheering on Trump for "liberal tears", truly the most baffling reason for political support. But I also stand by what I said: we have this reduction of US politics to what amounts to sports team fanaticism, where opposition to a demonstrable ... controversial & brazenly ignorant president is met with asisine insults of "leftism", which some Irish folk have adopted this American cultural pejorative as a catchall insult for "people I don't agree with".

I mean it shouldn't surprise; American politics has slid into entertainment for years, so here we are. Reality TV president and those who'd hoot and cheer it like it's their team winning a match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I’m very well aware that the democrats are right wing and not left.

The dems are the party for slavery. KKK. And the Jim Crow laws. But after the Democratic debates they have shifted to the left.

They may have been at another point in history but not at this stage. Hence David Duke backing Donald etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Deleted post.
    So you're straight up admitting your entire strategy here is to shout names at posters who have a different view to yourself, which you think will "trigger" them.

You're obviously a highly intelligent individual with a huge amount to contribute here.

• Advertisement

hill16bhoy wrote:
    Pretty much the entirety of the Irish political spectrum, from Fine Gael and Fianna Fail right over to Ruth Coppinger etc., would be Democrats if they were in the US.

That's true. There may be left wing people in the Democrats, but it isn't a left wing party.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement