Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Water John wrote: »
    So why were interest rates cut? Doubt if the Head of Fed had a brainfart.

Well there is definitely some uncertainty if this is going to be part of longer easing phase or as powell called it just a mid cycle adjustment. I think they cut because the global economy is tanking and they know this is a huge risk to the US economy. They have show that they are open to cuts and possibly further cuts if things continue to go south.they don't have a crystal ball. It's better to be accomodative and wait and see. They can always change path sure how many times did they raise last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They literally said why they had to cut the rates and it was actually explained in even more crystal clear form on the last page I believe.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

everlast75 wrote: »
    JFC.

at this stage, they're not even hiding it.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1157030332295798785?s=19

How Congress can't see that Trump is the most obvious threat to national security and start impeachment proceedings is beyond me. Surely that falls under the category of "unable to discharge the duties of office" and the 25th Amendment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    How Congress can't see that Trump is the most obvious threat to national security and start impeachment proceedings is beyond me. Surely that falls under the category of "unable to discharge the duties of office" and the 25th Amendment.

Every single head of intelligence has confirmed that they attacked.

Mueller confirmed that they are doing it as he spoke.

I know his deputy AG said they did. He announced charges against 13 GRU members.

I'm 99% Barr said so too.

Trump is gaslighting again.

He is failing to safeguard the security of the election system. To say that the US is the best democracy in the world and yet fail to protect it is moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭weisses

everlast75 wrote: »
    Every single head of intelligence has confirmed that they attacked.

Mueller confirmed that they are doing it as he spoke.

I know his deputy AG said they did. He announced charges against 13 GRU members.

I'm 99% Barr said so too.

Trump is gaslighting again.

He is failing to safeguard the security of the election system. To say that the US is the best democracy in the world and yet fail to protect it is moronic.

Its his fall back exit strategy ... When he loses in 2020 he will simply blame Russian interference, without even blinking an eyelid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

weisses wrote: »
    Its his fall back exit strategy ... When he loses in 2020 he will simply blame Russian interference, without even blinking an eyelid

No, I don't think so. Daddy Vlad wouldn't like that.

He'll continue making up bull**** about immigrants and illegals and other icky non-white people committing voter fraud, even as the Republicans conspire to commit election fraud and gerrymander districts wholesale.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

And if he does blame it on Russian interference and somehow uses that to stay in office, what's he going to do about the Russians?

He's backed himself into a corner here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He'll blame the left wing media and claim that unregistered voters caused him to lose - then, refuse to leave office. Mark my words.

Another day, another new low.

There really is no bottom..

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1157259424794324992?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

News to me his house was robbed, strange and ironic timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

peddlelies wrote: »

When the President stokes up hate against an elected official including accusing them of stealing money from the city and then someone takes it upon themselves to rob that person's house, the timing of that is neither strange nor ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Penn wrote: »
    When the President stokes up hate against an elected official including accusing them of stealing money from the city and then someone takes it upon themselves to rob that person's house, the timing of that is neither strange nor ironic.

The robbery happened before Trump verbally attacked Cummings to the best of my knowledge.

Nothing about the fact that it's a despicable thing to revel in the fact that someone was the victim of a crime, no?

Your takeaway from the tweet is purely about the timing of the robbery?

Right so.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Charter states:
    Keep your language civil, particularly when referring to other posters and people in the public eye. Using unsavoury language does not add to your argument.

Suggesting a public figure has a venereal disease is, without doubt, in violation of this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah, I presumed his house must have been robbed last night.

So instead Trump is just using his platform and his (as decided by the courts) Presidential twitter account to mock a Congressman's house being robbed almost a week ago.

I mean, it's slightly better than what I'd thought happened. I'll give him credit for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Christy42

He'll blame the left wing media and claim that unregistered voters caused him to lose - then, refuse to leave office. Mark my words.

Nah he will say it is rigged, complain and leave office imo. He will stoke up hate. I think he was far happier on the sidelines. He would keep complaining about how he was cheated and how he would make everything better.

I think he has enough divisiveness to avoid a prosecution. Similar to Nixon but it would be an official pardon. Just the law would be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Christy42 wrote: »
    Nah he will say it is rigged, complain and leave office imo. He will stoke up hate. I think he was far happier on the sidelines. He would keep complaining about how he was cheated and how he would make everything better.

I think he has enough divisiveness to avoid a prosecution. Similar to Nixon but it would be an official pardon. Just the law would be ignored.
    I honestly doubt trump, once he leaves office, will escape sanction. How many different investigations are current?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

duploelabs wrote: »
    I honestly doubt trump, once he leaves office, will escape sanction. How many different investigations are current?

Trump will die in prison. Once he leaves office, he will have no friends or influence to impede the inevitable.
    And I'll bet that it will be Sater and Bayrock will be his undoing.

That or the IRS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Trump will die in prison. Once he leaves office, he will have no friends or influence to impede the inevitable.

That or the IRS.

I'll believe it when I see it.

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1157352978816339969?s=19

Only the best people etc etc

Lesson here folks is don't lie on your C.V. when you're running for a prominent public position

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,566 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"lamestream media"? Goddamnit, if someone in this thread used that term it'd be against the charter and would be rightly pinged by the mods. How are we to seriously discuss a president who talks like an unimaginative internet troll??

"Lamestream media". Jesus wept.

He can refuse to leave if he likes (he won't) but he will still be ejected from the building.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He can refuse to leave if he likes (he won't) but he will still be ejected from the building.

I'm sure he'll try and stuff his bags with the light bulbs, batteries from the remotes, and mini toiletries

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll try and stuff his bags with the light bulbs, batteries from the remotes, and mini toiletries

Oh if left unsupervised he will fleece the place! There won't be a robe left, but leave he will as he will no longer be Commander in Chief and it will be nothing to do with him whatsoever, he will be removed forcibly if need be but we all actually know he will go quietly (relatively) and then do some interviews and tweets where he casts doubts upon the result etc etc etc and then talk about how the hardliners wanted to do x y and z not him and how he actually reined in some of their wildest excesses and how those nasty democrats, mueller, certain judges etc all made it so hard for him to do the job that many, many men would have buckled and it is in fact a miracle what he managed to achieve.

He will point to the tax hikes (that are necessary to counter his awful economic plan) as evidence of how his successor is doing more harm to the American people then he ever did and so on and so forth. The cycle will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,709 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It looks like Ratcliffe wouldn't pass muster with his own party colleagues in the Senate and Congress if he was nominated and interviewed b them. The questions now arise: A. was it Bolton who convinced Trump that Ratcliffe was falling as he entered the ring, and B: who gave Ratcliffe's name to Don as a possible DNI? It clearly wasn't the lamestream media that Don knew had forced the withdrawal, rather the blitz Ratcliffe would suffer from his own party colleagues during his fitness hearings. Don didn't even try to blame the Dems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭eire4

That or the IRS.

That is what should happen and his kids and son in law should join him but I would be shocked if any of that came to pass. The Corporate Democrats showed no appetite to deal with and prosecute wall street bankers that caused the 2008 crash and ruined so many lives and cost the taxpayers so much money. The same will IMHO happen here.
    The problem with that is when you refuse to actually punish the kind of illegal behaviour we have seen from this administration just as it will be with wall street is that there will be a next time for sure and a good chance it will be worse. In the case of the Republican party which has lurched so far to the right if the Democrats win in 2020 and refuse to prosecute and hold the current administration accountable criminally then the next time it happens and it will it will be even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,564 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eire4 wrote: »
    That is what should happen and his kids and son in law should join him but I would be shocked if any of that came to pass. The Corporate Democrats showed no appetite to deal with and prosecute wall street bankers that caused the 2008 crash and ruined so many lives and cost the taxpayers so much money. The same will IMHO happen here.
    The problem with that is when you refuse to actually punish the kind of illegal behaviour we have seen from this administration just as it will be with wall street is that there will be a next time for sure and a good chance it will be worse. In the case of the Republican party which has lurched so far to the right if the Democrats win in 2020 and refuse to prosecute and hold the current administration accountable criminally then the next time it happens and it will it will be even worse.

To be fair his son Jared has nothing to do with his crimes/fùck.ups

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭circadian

To be fair his son Jared has nothing to do with his crimes/fùck.ups

I think you mean Baron. Jared is filthier than pigs in a ****ty toxic spill.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,564 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

circadian wrote: »
    I think you mean Baron. Jared is filthier than pigs in a ****ty toxic spill.

Yeah sorry totally got them mixed up!

Jared is the one with fingers in all of Dons dirty pies.

Its been a long week sorry.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I think the bigger issue will be the stoking that he will have done with his Base, in the middle of which are some very dangerous folks who consider themselves to be patriots and have no allegiance to Federal government. There are militias in the North West of Continental US who have a distinct allegiance to trumpism. 3percenters, white supremacists etc. whose innate anti-state drive is fed by QAnon conspiracy theorists are a huge danger to a peaceful transition of power.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement