Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Length of Time for Non-resident account to become active?

Options
  • 28-06-2019 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I set up a non resident account in branch last Friday (I have since returned to Australia). I provided my identification to the person I was dealing with and they took copies of passport, bank statements etc. I then received an email that evening acknowledging this and providing me with a link to upload identity documents if I hadn't already done this in branch. I haven't uploaded any more documents as I assume that I had that all taken care of in branch.

I have not yet received the text message with my BIC and IBAN number. Does it usually take a week to receive these? Or should I call to check the progress of my application?

Thanks very much,

Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hello,

I set up a non resident account in branch last Friday (I have since returned to Australia). I provided my identification to the person I was dealing with and they took copies of passport, bank statements etc. I then received an email that evening acknowledging this and providing me with a link to upload identity documents if I hadn't already done this in branch. I haven't uploaded any more documents as I assume that I had that all taken care of in branch.

I have not yet received the text message with my BIC and IBAN number. Does it usually take a week to receive these? Or should I call to check the progress of my application?

Thanks very much,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Non-resident applications are assessed individually and so there is no set turn around time. These would take longer than resident applications. We would suggest contacting our New Accounts Team on 0035314044034 and an adviser will be happy to check for an update.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Hello,

Thanks very much,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Non-resident applications are assessed individually and so there is no set turn around time. These would take longer than resident applications. We would suggest contacting our New Accounts Team on 0035314044034 and an adviser will be happy to check for an update.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thank you for your response, I have now received a text message advising me that my account is open and advising me to apply for online banking, however, I need my account number which has not been provided to me. Is the account number also provided by text message? Should I expect a separate msg with it today?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Liam,

Thanks for linking back in with us here.

We're delighted to hear the account was opened successfully. Your BIC/IBAN should be sent via text message either today or within the next few days. In the meantime, you can still set up your Banking 365. Our customer service should be able to locate your account without the number so you don't have to wait for the text message. Our customer service are available from 8am until midnight on 0035314044000.

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Hi Liam,

Thanks for linking back in with us here.

We're delighted to hear the account was opened successfully. Your BIC/IBAN should be sent via text message either today or within the next few days. In the meantime, you can still set up your Banking 365. Our customer service should be able to locate your account without the number so you don't have to wait for the text message. Our customer service are available from 8am until midnight on 0035314044000.

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks,
    Kat
    Thank you for your assistance

Hi Laoisforliam,

You are very welcome! If you ever have any queries just let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Kat

• Advertisement

Hi Laoisforliam,

You are very welcome! If you ever have any queries just let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Kat
    Hi Kat,

I have internet banking set up now, thanks. I do, however, have one further query. The IBAN provided within my online account is different to the one that I get when I use the IBAN calculator.

When I use the calculator, I use the branch within which I set up the account, however, the IBAN number that appears in my account refers to a different branch.

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Which one is correct?[/font]

Thanks again,

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for coming back to us here.

That's an excellent question. It is possible for some customers to have 2 different IBANs. The reason for this is exactly as you guessed, the branch code is different.

Some branches are linked together and you can use either as your account holding branch, usually smaller branches will be linked to big branches.

Both IBANs are unique to your account and work just fine, there's no difference in speed or efficiency in crediting your account.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement