Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Response from the underwriters

Options
  • 28-06-2019 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm wondering how long does it usually take for the underwriters to respond on a query from the solicitor? Today will be exactly 3 weeks since our solicitor asked for a confirmation on a mortgage and even though it should be a simple yes/no answer we are still waiting. I tried to see what's the hold up through my bank advisor couple of times but no luck. 
    Do you have any guidance about how much is too long and is there at least an update that could be sent (like it's taking longer because of this and that)? Seeing something like this happening is really disappointing.

Thanks
    Alex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

A1ek wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm wondering how long does it usually take for the underwriters to respond on a query from the solicitor? Today will be exactly 3 weeks since our solicitor asked for a confirmation on a mortgage and even though it should be a simple yes/no answer we are still waiting. I tried to see what's the hold up through my bank advisor couple of times but no luck. 
    Do you have any guidance about how much is too long and is there at least an update that could be sent (like it's taking longer because of this and that)? Seeing something like this happening is really disappointing.

Thanks
    Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As mortgages can be complex and they are assessed individually the timeframe would be specific to the particular mortgage rather than a standard timeframe. Please be assured our colleagues on the mortgage line will be happy to check this and advise you how long the query should take. The team are available on 01-6113333 Monday to Friday.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 9 A1ek

Hi Tara, thanks for replying!
    I did call Mortgage line today (Friday, around noon) and someone did answer. After locating our mortgage application she confirmed that it was bouncing from one department to another (legal, credit...) but it was not clear why it's taking so much time and with no reason or update at all. After taking my name and my number she promised that someone from the credit department will call me after lunch and clarify the matter. I must say I was not too surprised when no one called, I was just very disappointed by the unprofessional approach from the Bank Of Ireland in this matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

A1ek wrote: »
    Hi Tara, thanks for replying!
    I did call Mortgage line today (Friday, around noon) and someone did answer. After locating our mortgage application she confirmed that it was bouncing from one department to another (legal, credit...) but it was not clear why it's taking so much time and with no reason or update at all. After taking my name and my number she promised that someone from the credit department will call me after lunch and clarify the matter. I must say I was not too surprised when no one called, I was just very disappointed by the unprofessional approach from the Bank Of Ireland in this matter.

Thanks for getting back to us here and sorry to hear that you have not received the call back that you mentioned.
    Can I ask you to send us a private message here (There should be a link below this message that will allow you to do this) and I'll be happy to have a further look into this for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Thanks Darren,

I have sent a private message with contact info.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed and here's the short status update...
    On Friday evening I have sent you the PM with my contact info.
    On Monday afternoon (15:42) I have received a call from someone from BOI and after explaining my current situation (3 weeks waiting for a reply, no information about current status) she tried to call mortgage department to get the current status. Unfortunately, she couldn't get anyone there (!?) so she promised that she'll find out the reason for the delay and that she'll call me back today (Tuesday).
    As you probably figured out, there was no call today so this is the second time in the last 5 days that someone from BOI promised to call without actually doing it. Very unprofessional!
    I just don't understand that with all that security announcement at the beginning of every call (this call might be recorded...) I still get this kind of treatment? You are recording it to show how it should not be done? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi A1ek,

We appreciate you coming back to us about this. We're really sorry to hear the follow up wasn't received yesterday.

We are linking in with the team for you and we'll ensure a call to you with an update asap.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Thanks Kat!

it looks like 'asap' stands for 'not today' :(
    I'm finding hard to understand that there was no one capable of calling and providing an update, but then again, the weather is gorgeous today...

Hi A1ek,

Thanks for linking back in with us here on Boards.ie.

We're really sorry to hear that you haven't heard back. We've followed up with the mortgage team and they have assured me that an advisor will contact you today. They mentioned speaking with you on Monday and Tuesday and have already planned to link back in with you today. You should hear from them soon.

Thanks again for contacting us here and if you have any further queries please let us know.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Hi Kat,

thanks for replying, I really appreciate it!
    Regarding - "They mentioned speaking with you on Monday and Tuesday " - this is not completely true. As I already mentioned in my post form Tuesday, I did receive a call on Monday and because they were not able to give me the status update they promised to call on Tuesday. They never did. 
    And as for this "...planned to link back in with you today. You should hear from them soon." - no one called today.
    You don't have to bother anymore, I give up.

• Advertisement

Hi A1ek,

Thanks for your message here.

I am sorry to hear that you had that experience this week and you haven't heard back. I spoke with your branch who say they phoned you this morning and had a chat about your query.

I hope you've managed to resolve your query with them this morning but if you have any further queries at all please let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement