Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VGA to DVI connector.

Options
  • 28-06-2019 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

Anyone in galway city have or know where I can find a VGA to DVI connector to buy?

Friend of mine has just brought a graphics card with DVI output and his monitor only has a VGA cable.

One looks like this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41iUdgz-1VL._AC_SY400_.jpg

He would by one online but he needs it quite urgently. If anyone has one he would buy it!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just keep in mind that almost all new graphics cards are DVI-D only, so most won't work with a simple adaptor.

Depends on the card - low end ones may still have DVI-I - but check it out before you buy anything. DVI-D needs an active adaptor (more expensive) to use with VGA.

I'm not sure anywhere in the city would stock these.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Threeofnine

Just keep in mind that almost all new graphics cards are DVI-D only, so most won't work with a simple adaptor.

Depends on the card - low end ones may still have DVI-I - but check it out before you buy anything. DVI-D needs an active adaptor (more expensive) to use with VGA.

I'm not sure anywhere in the city would stock these.

Thanks for the info :)

Just checked with him and the graphics card has a DL- DVI-i input

• Registered Users Posts: 25,947 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd try the PC repair shop on Dock Rd near St Nicholas St ... just checked the name is TechStar.

Not sure if they have 'em but I can't think who else to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Thanks for the info :)

Just checked with him and the graphics card has a DL- DVI-i input

Last time i looked, any adaptor that worked was half the price of a budget monitor, so i just got a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I was looking for a KVM switch and splitter the other week. It sucks that Maplin has closed down. There's a great opportunity for somebody to step in and take that business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Threeofnine

Thanks guys he got one from a friend

Advertisement