Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quest 12 2019...

Options
  • 28-06-2019 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Just to have a stand alone thread for it..
    Does anyone have a strava file for this just to pick out the nitty gritty.
    Think I have a cancellation.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭YoTaro

Just to have a stand alone thread for it..
    Does anyone have a strava file for this just to pick out the nitty gritty.
    Think I have a cancellation.
    Cheers

Did you get that cancellation?
    Didn't get one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I sure did YoTaro....I dont know what I do be thinking at times :)
    Not long to go now.........

Pity you didn't get one it will be 2 years before they do it again but say Gaelforce might run the Ultra distance next year..

I thought another boardsie must have got one but no chit chat... :(

Great stuff, a nice one to look forward to! I couldn't commit to the race up until last week but now im good to go.
    A friend found someone on the facebook group who is registered but got injured and is looking to transfer.
    But the quest organisers haven't responded yet to agree to the transfer.

So im holding out some hope!!

YoTaro wrote: »
    Great stuff, a nice one to look forward to! I couldn't commit to the race up until last week but now im good to go.
    A friend found someone on the facebook group who is registered but got injured and is looking to transfer.

Hope you get sorted....at the entry price they should really be more accommodating.
    In saying that they couldnt of been more helpful this year which was a turn around they weren't very helpful last year.
    I got accom in Sneem in a pub B&B hotels booked out with a wedding(again this year)

I was thinking of doing off the bloom on the 17th (70km) just to break up the training...(2 weeks out think it falls in nicely to prep) just to give all the new kit a good check..

Did you get sorted Yotaro?

• Advertisement

Did you get sorted Yotaro?

I did, heading down this evening, looking forward to it!
    Are you all set?

I did, heading down this evening, looking forward to it!
    Are you all set?

Ah great...
    3 hours packing gear last night still have a few bits to buy in the shop..the training was the easy part!
    Departing the big smoke around lunch want to try miss the picnic rush traffic on the N7...(fingers crossed)....
    Say hello at the box drop off wardrobe choice to be confirmed...be rude not to wear the Dublin colours in the Kingdom given the weekend thats in it :D
    Cant wait weathers well we’ll see tomorrow. Its defo better than what was forecast on Monday.

Ah great...
    3 hours packing gear last night still have a few bits to buy in the shop..the training was the easy part!
    Departing the big smoke around lunch want to try miss the picnic rush traffic on the N7...(fingers crossed)....
    Say hello at the box drop off wardrobe choice to be confirmed...be rude not to wear the Dublin colours in the Kingdom given the weekend thats in it :D
    Cant wait weathers well we’ll see tomorrow. Its defo better than what was forecast on Monday.

Good stuff, plenty banter with the Kerry crew this weekend!
    One trip to the shop and I should have everything, im keeping things fairly simple, not sure what to expect.

By the looks of it the weather should be ok, hopefully

Good stuff, plenty banter with the Kerry crew this weekend!
    One trip to the shop and I should have everything, im keeping things fairly simple, not sure what to expect.

By the looks of it the weather should be ok, hopefully

Best of luck tomorrow Yotaro

Best of luck tomorrow Yotaro

Ready to go now, busy evening preparing.
    Best of luck, might come across you at some stage

• Advertisement

Well Yotaro how did that go for you..?
    Some route it has to said.

Well Yotaro how did that go for you..?
    Some route it has to said.

A tough day but it was enjoyable.
    Found the kayaking very tough but other than that I was happy enough. It was some route to be fair, climbing Carrauntoohil alone was some going in the middle of all of it.

How did you get on? Would you do it again?

A tough day but it was enjoyable.
    Found the kayaking very tough but other than that I was happy enough. It was some route to be fair, climbing Carrauntoohil alone was some going in the middle of all of it.

How did you get on? Would you do it again?

I dont think anyone enjoyed the Kayak!
    Scenery was amazing I knew what to expect on Devils ladder but the top through me off after the summit to Carrontouhill to the zig zag paths my heart sank with that extra climb!
    Went very well on the bike with the exception of the puncture after 10k I was just unlucky but possibly pushed harder as a result.
    Not sure about doing it again a lot of travel, organisation and the B&B was a kip!! with the hotel being booked out I drove home after the event so that was a bit of an anti climax..
    I was thinking about jumping up to the 24 last week but kinda glad I didn't so who knows but far too early to make a call on it.

I dont think anyone enjoyed the Kayak!
    Scenery was amazing I knew what to expect on Devils ladder but the top through me off after the summit to Carrontouhill to the zig zag paths my heart sank with that extra climb!
    Went very well on the bike with the exception of the puncture after 10k I was just unlucky but possibly pushed harder as a result.
    Not sure about doing it again a lot of travel, organisation and the B&B was a kip!! with the hotel being booked out I drove home after the event so that was a bit of an anti climax..
    I was thinking about jumping up to the 24 last week but kinda glad I didn't so who knows but far too early to make a call on it.

That extra bit was tough after having climbed Carrauntoohil!
    Theres a lot of organizing involved alright.
    We stayed near Kenmare so didn't see any of the craic around the hotel after.
    I might consider doing it again down the road but not something id do every year, you really would want to have the proper training done to go for the 24. I am signed up for Killarney so looking forward to the shorter route.
    Anyway it was a nice event to complete

That extra bit was tough after having climbed Carrauntoohil!
    Theres a lot of organizing involved alright.
    We stayed near Kenmare so didn't see any of the craic around the hotel after.
    I might consider doing it again down the road but not something id do every year, you really would want to have the proper training done to go for the 24. I am signed up for Killarney so looking forward to the shorter route.
    Anyway it was a nice event to complete

Was thinking about Killarney but Im up the north on the Mourne Skyline the week after....
    Just looking through the photos here some great shots.......

Say i’ll be back for the 24 in 2021!!!! :D

Advertisement