Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applegreen cutting petrol prices by 4c!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭go4it

Sponsored-written articles, along with plain old advertising on major papers 1st page is just part of the marketing campaign to keep the green apple in our short term memory...

"4c off up to a week " doesn't mean that if a certain president will tweet about the "attack plans are ready" , and the oil price will go up tomorrow, the fuel price will not increase beyond 4c

@offtopic : I don't wanna teach the Apples how to advertise, but if you offer a free car air freshener in shape of a green apple for every min. 30L of fuel, you'll have more custom @ the pump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Their prices were 4c higher than everyone around them for the past week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Circle K will drop their prices down to where the others were before they dropped theirs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

just paid 140 there for petrol today, has been 146 in some parts of limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Typically, I cycled into work today. And pretty sure both cars are full too. Ah well........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

rushfan wrote: »
    Typically, I cycled into work today. And pretty sure both cars are full too. Ah well........

I was just thinking, this always happens just after payday when I've filled my car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

angeldaisy wrote: »
    just paid 140 there for petrol today, has been 146 in some parts of limerick.

Balls, I just filled a tank last night at 144.9 p/l and even with the saving 3c a litre from the fuelcard, you still got a better deal :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

saw that on way home, filled up Wednesday and now diesel 126.8, ah well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

OmegaGene wrote: »
    “Applegreen's Daire Nolan said: "We are committed to our customers and to our 'low fuel prices always' promise, so we’re delighted we can help our customers’ hard-earned cash go that bit further this summer and share the cost savings of recent lower crude oil prices with them."

So they are dropping the price in line with crude oil reductions then but making a big splash about it

They should be more like Circle K/Topaz who put theirs up in advance of any rise, and then put it down about 2 months after anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭burkey2k0

An approximate 3% reduction...

Someone in Applegreen marketing should get a promotion for making people think this is a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got petrol in Applegreen, Lifford last Saturday for 136.5. Good time to top up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Their prices were 4c higher than everyone around them for the past week.

Stillorgan DC Applegreen were the same price as Circle K for last week.
    Expecting Circle K across the road to drop their prices to match Applegreens.
    Can't beat a good price promotion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They are all the same money hungry corporations, there are no good guys when it comes to the retail sector the customer always gets screwed but sometimes they like to be nice while screwing us wether it’s a whopping 4 cent off or free coffee or whichever gimmick they choose to use

or spin and win which you seem to think is great.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Will be interesting to see who requests the most freebies this time around.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Unless your driving up and down the country all day or you are in transport.
    Does 4 cent a litre really help?
    Would you drive past another garage for 2 euro or go out of your way to fill up in Applegreen? Saying your car fuel tank has a capacity of 50 litre's.

Lol, Applegreen is right next to my house. I will avail of the offer, but i wouldn't have noticed until i seen this thread.

Though 2 euro in my piggy bank rather than their own piggy bank is better, i guess. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My biggest gripe with Apple green is how some of them will take certain fuel card's, and others don't.

Used apple green outside Dundalk a few weeks back, filled the motor with diesel, paid by dci, problem free.

Few days later, in Apple green in Thomsastown Kilkenny, filled motor with diesel, "sorry we don't accept DCI"

Gorey? They don't accept dci at the tills in the main shop, but apparently you can use the self serve pump at the truck stop.

Pain in the hole.

Advertisement