Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No pub in Ballymun residents complain

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

We used to live nearby until 2008 and went there frequently for dinner/drinks, and there was never an issue.

That’s because you are 7’1” with tear tattoos under your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Skatedude wrote: »
    Er, the Swiss was knocked down, pile of bricks now
    Er, that's why I used the past tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,413 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bambi wrote: »
    Are any of those pubs, whether they're open or closed (or exist only in your imagination :D) in Ballymun? Nope.

The Slipper and Autobahn are about a 20 minute walk from the civic offices in
    the middle of Ballymun, and they're full of Ballymunners. As was the Swiss, none of them are what you'd call local though

The Slipper I haven’t been to in years so I can’t comment really was never a huge fan of it though. The Autobahn is a very nice pub with by and large great staff, nice clientele, very good food all served up in a very comfortable, clean, modern and cosy environment.

They have a strictish yet sensible door policy at the weekends and zero tolerance and I mean ZERO for anybody acting the dîck and causing hassle to punters or staff. A very NICE atmosphere created by the locals, everyone knows each other, it’s like kind of a community but in saying that if you walk in fresh faced off the street you are welcomed and made to feel at home from the first minute.

Any guests I’ve brought in always comment positively about their experience there both in terms of how they are treated and the comfort of their surroundings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

The last thing ballymun needs is a pub..a prison would be a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'd rather go for a drink in a pub in Beirut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement