Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing it all together. Banking,insurance, travel fx and Lounge

• 28-06-2019 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

So,

Decided to give Ulster Bank uFirst account a kick. It used to be great value at €10 a month for:

Life insurnace
    Travel Insurance
    0% Over draft of €500
    Free phone insurance
    25% back on Ticketmaster purchases.

My phone insurance alone would cost €9 a month so this was really a no brainer at the time. However, they have no removed the life insurance and Phone insurance and downgraded the travel to European and heard today that Ticketmaster purchases also looks set to go.

I use N26 free account for nearly everything now. I only keep the Ulster bank option as its an Irish account which I hold a credit card with also. It means I have an overdraft and if I need a loan of mortgage I have something to go on.

If I went all in with n26, I might find it hard to get any of those benefits.

So long story short - Looking for the following benefits. Not even sure if they exist anywhere in Ireland

- Phone insurance including theft
    - 0% commission on FX
    - Lounge access or reduced rates
    - Free banking etc

Basically willing to pop €20 a month into something that gives me some benefits back. I tend to travel a lot so this is why these are mainly what I look for

Appreciate any help or suggestions on what one would normally do here.

Comments

Advertisement