Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolmen CV insurance - payable monthly by DD?

Options
  • 28-06-2019 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I know they are the people to answer this but couldn't get through today and really need to sort my finances over this weekend! Does anyone have camper van insurance with Dolmen and pay monthly by direct debit? Paying for the van, VRT (import) and a year's insurance in one go is quite a hit!

Thanks in advance, E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Not as far as I am aware, credit union loan would probably be lower apr anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

Not as far as I am aware, credit union loan would probably be lower apr anyway.

Thanks autumnalcore, I really don't want to take out another loan though! Even quarterly payments would help with the insurance, just to get through those couple of very expensive months!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Thanks autumnalcore, I really don't want to take out another loan though! Even quarterly payments would help with the insurance, just to get through those couple of very expensive months!

Absolutely I remember after I paid VRT I hardly had money to put diesel in the van let alone go anywhere. If you don't want to take out a loan and it's only for a few month you could put it on a credit card and pay it back on a schedule that suits you.

Absolutely I remember after I paid VRT I hardly had money to put diesel in the van let alone go anywhere. If you don't want to take out a loan and it's only for a few month you could put it on a credit card and pay it back on a schedule that suits you.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to sitting looking out the window at her parked up! :) Credit card would be a last resort as I'm keeping it for worst case scenario. I'll just have to wait until Monday. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

I know it won't help for this year but now that you know what the outlay is for the year, start putting it away weekly. We have a campervan piggy and the weekly amount is doable and the funds are there when you need them.
    Makes it a lot easier and you can look forward to heading off.

• Advertisement

I know it won't help for this year but now that you know what the outlay is for the year, start putting it away weekly. We have a campervan piggy and the weekly amount is doable and the funds are there when you need them.
    Makes it a lot easier and you can look forward to heading off.

A very sensible idea. Crikey this camper lark is a pricey one! (worth it though, I'm hoping!)

Advertisement