Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dept of transport address

• 28-06-2019 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

I sold a vehicle and sent VRC to dept of transport,
    Shannon co clare. (As stated on back of cert). I have noticed since there is a more specific address on website. Will there be a delay in processing? Or will it still get to its correct destination.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nope. There’s not much else in Shannon so it’ll find it’s way there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

colm_mcm wrote: »

Other than 10,000 people and about 10 times that working in the industrial estate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Other than 10,000 people and about 10 times that working in the industrial estate

There’s 100,000 people working in the industrial estate? The population of the county basically.

Point is and was that the town is that small, that it won’t get lost or redirected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Have sent away a fair few logbooks and always use department of transport, Shannon, clare. Never been a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

i think they should update the change of ownership part of the cert to include the full address. Would make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

UrbanFret wrote: »
    i think they should update the change of ownership part of the cert to include the full address. Would make sense.

Why? An Post know where they are, surely that's all that matters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

UrbanFret wrote: »

That would then involve having to send out nearly every registered car owner in the country a new cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

bazz26 wrote: »
    That would then involve having to send out nearly every registered car owner in the country a new cert.
    The could phase it in, like for new registrations or at change of ownership.
    In any case I see on website they have received it so all's good.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

colm_mcm wrote: »

Bought a car there once of a shady character! :P

Advertisement