Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Types of finance??

Options
  • 28-06-2019 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

So I own a property worth 230,000
    I have €70000 in cash.
    I want to purchase a property worth about 350,000. Bank wouldn’t want 20% deposit
    I am just wondering do the banks allow my property to be used as collateral against the mortgage I want to get on the new property or do I have to use the cash?
    Are the ways around not using the cash...
    just need the cash as a buffer and improvements

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Serious flaws there.
    What makes you think the bank won't want 20% deposit on an investment property?
    Current lending rules do not allow equity release from a private home to be used against the purchase of an investment property.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Themag

Serious flaws there.
    What makes you think the bank won't want 20% deposit on an investment property?
    Current lending rules do not allow equity release from a private home to be used against the purchase of an investment property.

Sorry maybe I wasn’t clear. I presume the bank want 20%. However I guess that answers my question though. That you can’t use a house as equity.. now the house is not my home house. It is an investment property. Would that make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They'll want 30%, it's a BTL? Are you set up as a company? Is the €70k company money, just wondering should you put the properties in your pension etc.
    There's a lot in this you should probably talk to a financial adviser.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Themag

They'll want 30%, it's a BTL? Are you set up as a company? Is the €70k company money, just wondering should you put the properties in your pension etc.
    There's a lot in this you should probably talk to a financial adviser.

Ya I think your right be best just go to a financial advisor. That’s for the help

Advertisement