Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would this ownership history be unusual?

• 28-06-2019 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭

141 Mercedes E-Class - see ownership history below.

Seems unusual for me, but I have no idea what would be considered normal so I'm asking for advice. The company ownership of 2 months at the start - what would that be?

Also - the car history check shows no milage ever logged so nothing to compare against. Though I believe it has a full service history so should be evident in the service book. Buying from a SIMI registered, well-regarded dealer.

wqzYzvI.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

1st and 2nd looks like it was bought thru a company to write off tax then sold to maybe the company director at the reduced cost (fiddling the system)
    All oter transactions seem reasonable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    1st and 2nd looks like it was bought thru a company to write off tax then sold to maybe the company director at the reduced cost (fiddling the system)
    All oter transactions seem reasonable

How would that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say the first owner could have been the original selling garage/dealer who registered it as a demo model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Google is your friend
    Search, buying a car for business use
    After the deductions have been calculated sell the car on privately, usually tothe director, or their spouse or kid or whoever. Save taking out a personal loan and is run through the company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Most likely a demo car. Buying a brand new merc just to save money on taxes is the stupidest thing iv ever heard lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Either way, it’s a 4 owner car, which is above average so the car is worth less than if it were 1 or 2 owner.

Nothing suspicious here imo, it didn’t hang around the dealers too long either.

Advertisement