Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike/Scooter Commute City Centre to Lepoardstown

Options
  • 28-06-2019 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi folks, hoping you can help me out.

I've a new job offer out in Lepoardstown Business Park. I'm trying to suss out the commute. Google doesn't give a motorbike/scooter commute time.

I'm thinking 25 mins from city centre. Is there anybody doing the trip who can let me know how they find it.

I think it'll be a go-er if I get back on the bike. Sold the last (V-Strom 650) one four years ago so this could be a good excuse. I'm spoiled with a short commute at the minute.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

You're in the ball park on a good day. I did Sandyford to City center for a while on a bike few years back. It usually took me 30 minutes, plus the few minutes required at each end to lock/unlock the bike, put the gear on/off etc. Bad weather and heavy traffic (which usually go hand in hand) will slow you down

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Thanks for that. Was that on the N11 and across or up through Goatstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Seanie_H wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Was that on the N11 and across or up through Goatstown?

I was living close to the Beacon and commuting to Jervis St, so usually through Goatstown and than I'd join the N11 in Donnybrook or sometimes just continue on through Ranelagh.

In your case, N11 may be a better option, depending on where your journey starts and ends.

Just try a few routes and you'll quickly suss out what's best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Seanie_H wrote: »
    Hi folks, hoping you can help me out.

I've a new job offer out in Lepoardstown Business Park. I'm trying to suss out the commute. Google doesn't give a motorbike/scooter commute time.

I'm thinking 25 mins from city centre. Is there anybody doing the trip who can let me know how they find it.

I think it'll be a go-er if I get back on the bike. Sold the last (V-Strom 650) one four years ago so this could be a good excuse. I'm spoiled with a short commute at the minute.

That's an easy Luas journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I do that exact journey and I get in less than 20 mins. Sandyford to Tara street. Bought the bike as the LUAS was driving me mental

The OP will be going the other way so should avoid the madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Darranj85

Del2005 wrote: »
    The OP will be going the other way so should avoid the madness

I used to commute sandyford to Parnell street, was always envious of the bikers going the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I do that exact journey and I get in less than 20 mins. Sandyford to Tara street. Bought the bike as the LUAS was driving me mental

I haven't been on a bike in about 13 or 14 years. The last bike I had was a SV650S. I get the Luas from Leopardstown to the city centre for work everyday and I'm toying with the idea of a moped at the moment as like you, the Luas is driving me mental at the moment

Advertisement