Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kewaste Dublin Docklands

Options
  • 28-06-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

I watch these guys every day, every single bin goes into the one truck (recycle bins and domestic waste bins), they start at 7:30 every night and finish after 10, the noise is unbearable even with the windows closed. Is there anything anybody can do about them, most of the tenants in my apt block have moved out because of the stink and the noise, the amount of seagulls they attract now is unhealthy.

They leave the bins on the road for hours before they are collected too. The management company will do nothing either its such a scam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-water-waste-and-environment-waste-and-recycling/waste-bye-laws

Depending where you are they may be legally required to start after 7 - entire South Docklands is covered but the North Docklands isn't. Bins can't go out before 5.

If you're in the North Docklands they can't collect after 9 but bins can go out the day before. Map of nighttime vs daytime collection is the last page here: https://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/WaterWasteEnvironment/Waste/Documents/DCCCommWasteByeLaws.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

What are in the Docklands? I only ask as I am in the Docklands too and I have no issues in the South Docklands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

These clowns used to turn up at my previous residence in dublin 3 at 5.30am (apartments), make a sh%t load of noise wheeling the big comercial bins up the ramp.

They left them outside and came back sometimes at 10pm to get them empty, them make more noise putting them back in the carpark slamming and banging them.

Anyome with small kids in bed early was guaranteed to have them woken up.

In the end it stopped as a few of the fathers went down like bulls one morning, i was in my car and witnessed it, nearly turned into a brawl but it seemed to work as they stopped that nonsense collection times.

Advertisement