Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Watch alarm (Simon XT) Will not recognize SIM

Options
  • 28-06-2019 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I have a Phone watch alarm (Simon XT), which has not been monitored for about 2 years now. I wanted to monitor it myself, however when I put a SIM card into it, it does not recognize that there is a sim card in it.

I have used the engineers code to check the sim settings, and all the settings are the same as when they were monitoring it.

I tried ringing the phone number attached to the sim card, and the panel does not pick up.
    I tried the sim card in a phone, and it makes and receives calls perfectly.

The panel displays the following messages whether or not there is a sim card in it or not.

1st message
    GSM Status 4 empty Squair boxes

2nd message
    GSM Not Present

3rd message
    Sim PIN Invalid (I have set the sim to not require a pin) and still the same message.

4th Message
    GSM Net Not Registered

These messages remain the same whether or not there is a sim card in the system or not.

I have removed the battery from the system and turned off the power to it to force it to reboot, however no effect.

Is there any setting where I can reactivate the GSM unit?

This system was installed in 2012, is it possible that this is a hardware fault?

All the other functions of the system work fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

I think the panel is locked to Eir. Originally Eircom Phonewatch. I maybe wrong, I would try an eir sim.

The pita is you build up excess credit which you cannot spend unless you remove sim and use in phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭martinosullivan

I actually had a Vodafone sim in it but forgot to top it up for over a year, and as it was not registered with Vodafone, they would not reactivate it. I know that It works with a Vodafone sim.

I don’t think that it is a sim issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭martinosullivan

I just removed the GSM unit, and the panel gave exactly the same messages.

Advertisement