If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" Freesat and Saorview 4k TV

Options
  • 28-06-2019 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,940 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking for a 55" TV and it will need to have a satellite feed and a Saorview aerial feed. We already have a 43" Sony 4k which is a great TV on terrestrial and HDMI feeds, but it's a joke on satellite with hundreds of duplicated channels you can't delete or reorder. So we use a Humax box, but this won't be an option in the room with the new TV.

The new TV has to be fully Freesat HD compatible, but it also has to be Saorview compatible - and I don't mean producing a picture, I mean a fully functioning Saorview EPG, without 55 blank channels courtesy of RTE NL's attempts to torpedo "unapproved" TVs and set top boxes.

Any recommendations? Smart features are not an issue, I'll be plugging a Raspberry Pi with LibreElec into the back of it.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there, I'm looking for a 55" TV and it will need to have a satellite feed and a Saorview aerial feed. We already have a 43" Sony 4k which is a great TV on terrestrial and HDMI feeds, but it's a joke on satellite with hundreds of duplicated channels you can't delete or reorder. So we use a Humax box, but this won't be an option in the room with the new TV.

The new TV has to be fully Freesat HD compatible, but it also has to be Saorview compatible - and I don't mean producing a picture, I mean a fully functioning Saorview EPG, without 55 blank channels courtesy of RTE NL's attempts to torpedo "unapproved" TVs and set top boxes.

Any recommendations? Smart features are not an issue, I'll be plugging a Raspberry Pi with LibreElec into the back of it.
    Hi Hotblack Desiato.

There are several televisions that have satellite tuners onboard but they can have issues with the EPG as they are not Freesat approved.

Regarding the empty RTE stations again this is not something I can guarantee will not be there as it seem it could be at RTE's broadcasting end?

We supply lots and lots of televisions into the South of Ireland and all our televisions are sold are Saorview approved.
    We have not had any issues from customer regarding issues with Saorview.

For one that is Freesat approved there is the Panasonic 55FX750 priced at £899. There is also a voucher code (RSTV80) running on this television. dropping it down to £819.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203400-panasonic-tx55fx750b-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

If you went into the OLED market then there is the LG 55B8 priced at £1139 and it has voucher (RSTV100) running lower its price to £1039.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203506-lg-oled55b8-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

There are LG and Sony models with Satellite tuners but as these are not freesat approved and you can run into issues with the EPG not fully displaying programme details or the stations in a strange order.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.