Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Audio Too Low

Options
  • 29-06-2019 3:04am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Greetings.

In short, I'm sick and tired of my Windows 10 audio being obnoxiously low. Never had this issue with my (usual) headphones but some of the ones I've gotten lately just have me driven mad.

Even with loudness correction, bass-boost, surround settings and all the windows based options tampered with, it is completely unsatisfactory. Drivers are updated, volumes are all at max (PC, APP, Headphones, Devices).

Seems my only option is to either purchase an Equalizer or find a half-decent (free) alternative. I've tried some of them but it's all complicated tweaking of all manner of channels and db's. All I want is to increase the volume, not mess with equalizer channels.

Feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Run a live linux distro to check sound, eliminates possible hardware issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Never had this issue with my (usual) headphones but some of the ones I've gotten lately just have me
    Can you rule this out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Also, what connection you use?
    If bluethooth, check what "type" of device is set.
    Providing headset supports it, it might connect as "hands free", disconnect it and connect as "stereo".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Any USB audio device will have its own built in amplifier separate from the one that one on the computer motherboard that powers devices that you plug in to a speaker/headphone socket.

Check first you have the correct sound drivers for the sound chip on the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Who uses a PC/Laptop for audio nowadays? Plenty of good options re tablets/phones out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

RopeDrink wrote: »
    There's no bluetooth shenanigans or anything or the sort. The headphones I like were USB. This volume issue applies to any and all alternatives that just have standard jacks - they often come with no customization or software of any kind, and the tweaks Windows provide are useless.

Ok.

You're buying high impedance cans with large drivers and expecting the crappy onboard DAC/AMP to power them. Not really gonna happen.

This will solve your problems and make your actual audio quality better:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-Olympus-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=Fiio&qid=1562064398&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Advertisement