Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile boarding pass American

Options
  • 29-06-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭

I'm flying AA tomorrow and when I checked in online it says DUB doesn't accept mobile boarding passes and I have to print it. That's obviously not true.

As I don't have a printer, anyone know if AA have kiosks at DUB so I can print the boarding pass without queueing up. I'm not checking bags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I'm flying AA tomorrow and when I checked in online it says DUB doesn't accept mobile boarding passes and I have to print it. That's obviously not true.

As I don't have a printer, anyone know if AA have kiosks at DUB so I can print the boarding pass without queueing up. I'm not checking bags.
    They have a check in desk at the airport. They will print it for you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

barrier86 wrote: »
    They have a check in desk at the airport. They will print it for you there.

Yeah but that's not what I'm asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Yes , American have self-service kiosks at Dublin Airport .
    Used one myself last year travelling to Philadelphia .

They're in the check-in area in T2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Yes , American have self-service kiosks at Dublin Airport .
    Used one myself last year travelling to Philadelphia .

They're in the check-in area in T2 .

Can confirm, you can avoid most of the queuing if you only have carry on and use the machines. You still have to answer the silly questions from the security guy and get the green sticker mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The OP is asking why mobile passes aren’t a thing for this flight when there are an actual thing.

OP I’ve seen this a couple of times, some airlines disable mobile passes for certain reasons and some that are legacy airline systems. The most popular I’ve seen is if you’ve booked through a 3rd party (my work’s corporate travel tool for example) the airline’s app will not allow you to have a mobile pass. You have to collect at the desk or print it out.

It’s silly but the systems are old and creaky (in terms of user experience) but they work pretty much 99.9999% of the time.

• Advertisement

There are no mobile passes for this flight as all passengers are "screened" by the lads in the suits and a security sticker is then placed on the back of your passport.
    Pretty obvious really .

There are no mobile passes for this flight as all passengers are "screened" by the lads in the suits and a security sticker is then placed on the back of your passport.
    Pretty obvious really .

Got my boarding pass at the airport, wasn't screened.

Half way across the Atlantic now using the wifi.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Got my boarding pass at the airport, wasn't screened.

Half way across the Atlantic now using the wifi.

You were screened alright , you just didn't realise see it lol.

Enjoy your trip !!

You were screened alright , you just didn't realise see it lol.

Enjoy your trip !!

I’m unreadable :-)

Work trip so not much fun being in airports at this time of year when everyone else is on a jolly

Advertisement