Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car clamped by NCPS in Lidl Deansgrange

Options
  • 29-06-2019 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭

First time ever that I'm aware of.....

A VM Polo was clamped by NCPS in the past few days in the underground car park of Lidl at Deansrange Cross. The first level (-1) below ground.

They never implemented tickets and barriers so there was a reasonably liberal 'open house' scheme in operation and there was always more cars in the car park than customers in the store. It was probably popular with people visiting the doctor and dentist practices across the road. Might even have been used as a park and ride car park, given that there is a 46A bus stop right outside.

Be warned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Private property... Cut it off

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

wizardman wrote: »
    Private property... Cut it off
    Not if there's signage about clamping. Not clear from the OP what the offence by that car driver is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not if there's signage about clamping. Not clear from the OP what the offence by that car driver is.

There is a warning sign at the entrance, any car with furry dice will be clamped.

coylemj wrote: »
    There is a warning sign at the entrance, any car with furry dice will be clamped.
    I can get behind that offence to common decency!

Yes you can. Same applies in apartment blocks etc. There is numerous threads on boards about it. In public areas like Fingal, Dublin City Council etc it is illegal to remove a clamp.

• Advertisement

Yes you can. Same applies in apartment blocks etc. There is numerous threads on boards about it. In public areas like Fingal, Dublin City Council etc it is illegal to remove a clamp.
    Once there is a sign up about it residents are entitled to apply it. In apartment blocks you can get towed.

Once there is a sign up about it residents are entitled to apply it. In apartment blocks you can get towed.

And I'm entitled to remove it, I would not be paying a private company on private land any money but you work away.

Fools and their money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

I noticed that the other day and had a quick look at the sign on the exit wall as I drove out, seeing a 2-hour limit mentioned. Wonder how long the car had been there - perhaps it was (thought) abandoned?

And I'm entitled to remove it, I would not be paying a private company on private land any money but you work away.

Fools and their money
    Well you'll have no car to come back to if you park near me! :D Lesson is find somewhere safer to park!

I noticed that the other day and had a quick look at the sign on the exit wall as I drove out, seeing a 2-hour limit mentioned. Wonder how long the car had been there - perhaps it was (thought) abandoned?
    In local Lidl there's a 3 hours sign but the car park is huge. Have seen camper vans camped there on occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Fools and their money

Not anymore. Clamping is now regulated and legal. So you can no longer cut off a clamp regardless of where or who applied it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

Del2005 wrote:
    Not anymore. Clamping is now regulated and legal. So you can no longer cut off a clamp regardless of where or who applied it.

Correct. Refer to the statute book online and you'll find that is now the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Correct. Refer to the statute book online and you'll find that is now the case.

When did this happen always thought it was a grey area. Was never a fan of clamping as the obstruction is still there. Towing now that is something that should be brought in widespread. I think it happens for disabled areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Clamping is regulated by the Vehicle Clamping Act 2015 and the Vehicle Clamping and Signage Regulations 2017

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2015/act/13/enacted/en/html

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2017/si/421/made/en/print

If you angle grind off a clamp expect a criminal damage conviction if you're caught, fools and their money indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 SandyMac1234

Hi, seen in a book before how to remove wheel and other parts to remove clamp with no damage.
    Also a lot of lock pickers out there.
    Question is what penilty would be now imposed if caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Also may be possible to deflate the tyre and remove clamp .

Then fit your spare wheel and drive away .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Also may be possible to deflate the tyre and remove clamp .

Then fit your spare wheel and drive away .

Go Homer Go!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Fools and their money

You're entitled to try. But then the private landowner is entitled to tow your car off his land, on its roof if he's so minded. A hierarchy of rights is a very expensive determination in court, certainly enough to leave a fool with a lot less money than a de-clamp.

Advertisement