Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureComm API?

Options
  • 29-06-2019 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I'm looking into ways to integrate my HKC alarm into my smart home (Home Assistant).

I figure there must be a way to use whatever protocol the SecureComm app on my phone uses to communicate with HKC. I noted it connects to securecomm.hkc.ie over port 50001. I'm thinking of attempting to sniff the traffic and reverse-engineer the protocol, but before I begin I was wondering if someone else here has done anything similar?

Maybe there is a SecureComm API (like alarm.com offers) that I can't find, but I doubt it.

If all else fails I'm planning on either buying a konnect.io board, an arduino to emulate a keypad, or soldering into my alarm remote control to simulate a button press ;-)

Any help on the API would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

There is no official HKC API unfortunately.

Nor has anyone created their own API by sniffing, AFAIK.

I'd assume (perhaps wrongly) that the API calls that the app is using are secured by TLS and key exchange and thus you won't be able to sniff it.

But no harm in trying, it might not be secured (which would be poor from a software security perspective), but at least you could add it to your HA setup then.

Let us know how the sniffing goes.

As you say, others have worked around it with konnect.io or Arduino if the sniffing doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Working with the texts is an option.

As you know you can rename the zones and some of the alert types, so you have known strings from a know phone number.

Some kind of iot bot might be worth exploring, the telegram one maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fabricioavil

As I didn't find an API, I did a workaround.
    I integrated my HKC alarm to my Smartthings, but could be any using MQTT (Raspberry Pi, for example).

On my HKC I configured, 1 physical zone to full set, other zone to partset A, and one to partset B, then I use a Sonoff 4CH with Tasmota connected to them.

So, example, when I set goodbye in my Smartthings it sends msg to Sonoff to turn on the "full set zone" and then it sends other msg to turn off the "full set zone" (a zone is triggered when it is open, like windows and doors). I leave all Sonoff ports off, so in case it reboots, it won't arm/disarm the alarm.

Now my Smartthings automatically arms the alarm every night and when I go out.

But keep in mind, as you can imagine, Smartthings doesn't have the real status from HKC alarm, so if you use HKC app with this solution, you will end up having problems, example. Smartthings arms the alarm, and then you via HKC app disarm it, then Smartthings still thinks it is armed, when you go to "disarm" via Smartthings, it will arm instead.

Let me know if I can help somehow.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Nice approach.

I assume you came across these guys too:
    https://konnected.io/

They now have two different models:
    - One that just monitors and triggers your alarm system, but doesn't replace it
    - One that basically replaces the panel and just makes use of the wired sensors.

BTW Which HKC panel do you have, sounds like probably a newer 1070?

Hi bk,

I didn't know this company you sent, but taking a quick look, I think they do a bit different than what I was looking for... Id like to just arm and disarm HKC remotely, using a smart app, I don't want/need to monitor the zones, I might be wrong, but I didn't see an option to open and close a zone via Smartthings, is it possible? If so, then it would do what I need.

The idea there is great, but I understood it is more for who wants to monitor zones using that board or completely replace the alarm. I like the reliability and features I have in HKC (ex GSM), so I'm not planning to replace it, really just need to add this smart interaction feature.

btw, about my alarm model, I have SW 10270 (Hybrid), I took 3 physical zones from there and configured it to arm/disarm the alarm, one for each available option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Trunjent

I am setting this up as I type but I have it set up on a zone with a key pulse.
    It arms via a GPIO from my PI running HA.

Is there a way to just arm the HKC through key pulse and not let it disarm it so as you have to disarm it manually from the keypad?

Trunjent wrote: »

Is there a way to just arm the HKC through key pulse and not let it disarm it so as you have to disarm it manually from the keypad?
    afaik, no. the zone settings to arm/disarm has no additional options, it just switches the selected zone every time it gets opened.

That's a pity....would have been a quick and handy way for me to have it set up. Will have to come up with something else.

Thanks for the reply

I didn't know this company you sent, but taking a quick look, I think they do a bit different than what I was looking for... Id like to just arm and disarm HKC remotely, using a smart app, I don't want/need to monitor the zones, I might be wrong, but I didn't see an option to open and close a zone via Smartthings, is it possible? If so, then it would do what I need.

They also have relays that can trip a zone.

https://konnected.io/collections/in-stock-now/products/konnected-alarm-panel-interface-for-wired-security-systems

I haven't actually used this myself, so no guarantee, you'd need to double check.

It sounds like your setup is already doing most of what you want. Just more abilities if your interested.
    The idea there is great, but I understood it is more for who wants to monitor zones using that board or completely replace the alarm. I like the reliability and features I have in HKC (ex GSM), so I'm not planning to replace it, really just need to add this smart interaction feature.

Just to be clear, they have two different products. The original one replaces the panel as you say, but the other, newer version, that I linked to above, continues to use the original panel, features, etc. and would just interface with it.
    btw, about my alarm model, I have SW 10270 (Hybrid), I took 3 physical zones from there and configured it to arm/disarm the alarm, one for each available option.

Yep, sounds great, unfortunately I've the older 812 panel which is much more limited in this regards. I'd need to upgrade to do the same unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mossmaan

Trunjent wrote: »

I'm currently setting up the Konnected.io Interface panel and I now need to program the HKC 10270 for this exact behaviour for the key pulse...how did you achieve this? Do you have the manual or instructions on how to program it?

• Advertisement

mossmaan wrote: »
    I'm currently setting up the Konnected.io Interface panel and I now need to program the HKC 10270 for this exact behaviour for the key pulse...how did you achieve this? Do you have the manual or instructions on how to program it?

You just go to zone type and change it to key and then in zone options you change pulse to Y

Lovely - will hopefully get this thing fully running tonight! Thanks

I'm struggling with the final pieces of my Konnected install with the HKC 10270.
    What Output Option do I set for Programmable Outputs 1 & 2 for;
    1. check the status of the alarm (armed or disarmed)
    2. check if the alarm has been triggered

I'm trying to follow Nate's video on wiring the Interface Panel but just coming up short on this programming piece.
    Appreciate any pointers, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dg92

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. Did you manage to get this to work?

Is this all that I need to order https://konnected.io/collections/shop-now/products/konnected-alarm-panel-interface-module or is there any other pieces or Konnected.io gear that I need? I have a HKC 10270 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

You would be using a zone as opposed to an output.

The zone needs to be set up as arm/disarm and controlled using a volt free relay into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dg92

Hi all, just an update on what I suggested using HKC zones and a smart relay, as some people have contacted me.

I migrated all my automations to Home Assistant. I have more choices there, and instead of Sonoff 4CH, I'm using now a 4 channel ZigBee Relay, the name is:

MHCOZY 4 Channel 12 V ZigBee Relay Switch

I paid around 25 euros in amazon.de.

This method using the zones to arm and disarm the HKC had been working very well.

Happy to share more details or different ideas I had automating my home and car, feel free to PM me.

Advertisement