Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chaning sterling on a Sunday

• 29-06-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

Have some English "distant relations" just finishing a 2 week tour of Ireland staying in Limerick tonight and tomorrow before flying back Monday morning.

They just rang me. He has lost his wallet with all his cards etc. The hotel is sorted as they took a swipe of his card but he only has about about €20 in cash on him but between himself and his wife they have plenty of sterling. He asked in the hotel but they don't do currency exchange. He asked me if there was anywhere in Limerick he can change sterling to Euro's tomorrow.

If he is stuck then I will change it for him but is there anywhere in Limerick he could do it tomorrow ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Hotels are going to be the only place unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

knipex wrote: »
    Have some English "distant relations" just finishing a 2 week tour of Ireland staying in Limerick tonight and tomorrow before flying back Monday morning.

They just rang me. He has lost his wallet with all his cards etc. The hotel is sorted as they took a swipe of his card but he only has about about €20 in cash on him but between himself and his wife they have plenty of sterling. He asked in the hotel but they don't do currency exchange. He asked me if there was anywhere in Limerick he can change sterling to Euro's tomorrow.

If he is stuck then I will change it for him but is there anywhere in Limerick he could do it tomorrow ???

I'm not aware of anywhere that will do it in the city on a Sunday. Best bet is probably to head to the airport in the morning. There's a forex desk in the departures hall. It should be open.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If he's really stuck he could head out to the airport.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

source wrote: »
    I'm not aware of anywhere that will do it in the city on a Sunday. Best bet is probably to head to the airport in the morning. There's a forex desk in the departures hall. It should be open.

Great mind think alike, at the same time :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

knipex wrote:

Just change it for him. 90 sterling/hundred euro. Saves the lad searching the city and you did a relatively easy favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Better to change it yourself than getting fleeced at the airport. How much are we talking here?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

Debenhams do foreign exchange and are open on Sundays. May be worth giving them a ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

gruffler91 wrote: »
    Debenhams do foreign exchange and are open on Sundays. May be worth giving them a ring?

That was my first thought

Advertisement